I just downloaded os 4 on my 3G and I'm not sure what features I have with this new update. I know I don't have the multitasking feature like the 3GS got, but what exactly did I get? The only things that I have found is the app folders and the camera zoom which are both cool, but is there anything else that I'm missing or is that about it for me? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 10:40 PM
    I wish I could just download it. It gets almost done and then tells me that it timed out. Going on try #4 now.
    06-21-10 11:07 PM
    Here is a link that really help you to your question. 3G is not getting everything 3GS is.
    iPhone 3G, iOS 4, and you -- what's missing (spoiler: multitasking) -- Engadget
    06-22-10 12:23 AM
    How do you get the app folder part to work? I can't seem to figure that one out. No wallpaper?! Come on Apple! One of the features I would love to have and you bail out! Not nice. I'm tired of looking at the black screen! Let us have some fun too!
    06-22-10 01:51 AM
    How do you get the app folder part to work? I can't seem to figure that one out. No wallpaper?! Come on Apple! One of the features I would love to have and you bail out! Not nice. I'm tired of looking at the black screen! Let us have some fun too!
    1. Hold finger on an icon until 'jiggly mode' is activated.
    2. Drag ANY icon on top of another, and a folder should be created automatically.

Maybe you weren't gettin' jiggly wid it?
    06-22-10 06:51 AM
    Let me google that for you
    06-22-10 07:35 AM
    Ok. I don't see anything on my phone that says iBooks or game center. Did I do something wrong?

06-22-10 08:36 AM
    Ok. I don't see anything on my phone that says iBooks or game center. Did I do something wrong?

iBooks is an app that must be downloaded from the app store.

Game Center is likely coming as part of an iOS update in the Fall.
    06-22-10 09:11 AM
    Ok thanks. Just want to make sure I didn't screw up.

06-22-10 10:30 AM
    if you installed the GM version of iOS4,
    you'd have the Game Center icon. I
    have it and only have 1 friend at the
    moment. Ha.
    06-22-10 11:46 AM
    if you installed the GM version of iOS4,
    you'd have the Game Center icon. I
    have it and only have 1 friend at the
    moment. Ha.
    I assumed it was there for show. I didn't know you could do anything with it.
    06-22-10 12:23 PM
    1. Hold finger on an icon until 'jiggly mode' is activated.
    2. Drag ANY icon on top of another, and a folder should be created automatically.

Maybe you weren't gettin' jiggly wid it?
    Thank you for the help. I was looking in the settings menu for some sort of folder options. Thank you again!
    06-22-10 01:26 PM
    fishaddict & hastafford, your welcome.
    06-22-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD