So I have a Mac, and got the OS 4.0 beta when it first was released.

I found out you needed 10.6.3 in order to install it.

Finally got my mac upgraded, and installed the update to my Mac.

How do I actually update my phone now?

:-/
    04-21-10 09:10 PM
    You can't unless a developer adds your iPhone's id to their dev account with Apple. If not, the iPhone won't activate and some say it'll brick... although I'm more inclined to think that it just won't activate... similar to what the leaked 4th gen iPhone didn't do for Gizmodo.
    04-21-10 09:17 PM
    The dev that I was speaking with said they did add my iPhones ID...

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right...
    04-21-10 09:22 PM
    How do you get "in" with a developer? I am very interested in learning how to make apps and stuff but don't know the first place to start.
    04-21-10 09:41 PM
    The dev that I was speaking with said they did add my iPhones ID...

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right...
    Well, then it's up to iTunes to install the update. Not sure how you do it on a Mac, but I'm pretty sure iTunes would be involved. Have you never installed an update to your iPhone before?

Do this... BUT ONLY DO THIS ONCE YOU'VE CONFIRMED WITH THE DEV THAT THEY'VE ADDED YOUR IPHONE UUID TO THE APPLE DATABASE.
    In Itunes on the Summary Tab hold down shift and click Update.

Browse to your downloaded IPSW file and click OK.
    The iphone will take a few minutes to install.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 04-21-10 at 10:25 PM.
    04-21-10 10:22 PM
    How do you get "in" with a developer? I am very interested in learning how to make apps and stuff but don't know the first place to start.

google apple 4.0 beta non devolper and there are people who are willing to add your UDID to their account... my guy was in germany.... and you need 10.5.7 or higher to install the software, I'm only running 10.5.8
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 04-21-10 at 10:38 PM.
    04-21-10 10:35 PM
    It's just a simple matter of holding down a key while doing a software update, to manually specify a location. I think I sent you the instructions on that a while back with the link to the beta. Your UDID is active, but hold off on the update, as there is a beta 2 now.

I'm going to bed now, it's been a long busy work day, and will be crazy tomorrow too, but I'll get you and the others on my account the second update tomorrow.
    04-21-10 10:49 PM
    google apple 4.0 beta non devolper and there are people who are willing to add your UDID to their account... my guy was in germany.... and you need 10.5.7 or higher to install the software, I'm only running 10.5.8
    Not saying you're wrong, but the stated requirements in the Apple developer portal were 10.6.3. I can't confirm otherwise though, as that's what I'm running.
    Last edited by flyawaymike; 04-21-10 at 10:54 PM.
    04-21-10 10:51 PM
    Okay no problem
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 04-21-10 at 10:54 PM.
    04-21-10 10:51 PM
    It's just a simple matter of holding down a key while doing a software update, to manually specify a location. I think I sent you the instructions on that a while back with the link to the beta. Your UDID is active, but hold off on the update, as there is a beta 2 now.

I'm going to bed now, it's been a long busy work day, and will be crazy tomorrow too, but I'll get you and the others on my account the second update tomorrow.
    It wouldn't have anything to do with a botched McAfee definition update killing a bunch of PCs in your organization, would it?
    04-21-10 10:54 PM
    It wouldn't have anything to do with a botched McAfee definition update killing a bunch of PCs in your organization, would it?
    Huh??? I'm confused where that even came from, or its relevance to the topic. We don't even use McAfee, let alone PCs.
    04-21-10 11:00 PM
    Huh??? I'm confused where that even came from, or its relevance to the topic. We don't even use McAfee, let alone PCs.
    lol, n/m then. It was a wild guess as a lot of companies today were running around trying to fix a McAfee update issue that basically killed Windows PCs left and right. lol Your description of your work day sounded like that... since it's practically top news on all sites today. Happy days for you since you're all Mac though.
    04-21-10 11:11 PM
    lol, n/m then. It was a wild guess as a lot of companies today were running around trying to fix a McAfee update issue that basically killed Windows PCs left and right. lol Your description of your work day sounded like that... since it's practically top news on all sites today. Happy days for you since you're all Mac though.
    That's exactly why I want Apple to do well, but also just poor enough to keep a small enough market share so nobody will find it worthwhile to make any viruses or spyware
    04-22-10 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD