ok guys, I have a couple questions for you and your opinions/advice is needed. I'm going to be purchasing an iphone tonight via online order. Through my employer I get access to their premium site and have a couple different options.

For reference, I currently own a storm and ipod touch(1g 8gb) and just can't take it anymore. I just need something that works 100% of the time without having to carry around 2 devices.

That being said, through my employer I get 2yr pricing for 1yr contracts. It currently shows the iphone 3g 8gb(refurb) at $49 and the 16gb(refurb) at $99. The Iphone 3gs 16gb is the usual $199. My question, is buying the 3g and not the 3gs something I will regret later on? I know comming from a storm the 3g will be alot better, but I'm sure in the back of my mind I'll always be wanting the 3gs. What are your opinons? is the extra $150 worth it?

Next question, will all the apps/tv shows/audio books..etc I have for my itouch be able to go over to an iphone without having to purchase them again?

Does the iphone 3g or 3gs have a different connection than an itouch or will my car fm transmitter/charger work with the iphone too?

I use td ameritrade to trade stocks and the storm app is actually pretty decent. Does the iphone app have a real time ticker for up to date pricing?
    08-17-09 06:53 PM
    My question, is buying the 3g and not the 3gs something I will regret later on? I know comming from a storm the 3g will be alot better, but I'm sure in the back of my mind I'll always be wanting the 3gs. What are your opinons? is the extra $150 worth it?
    Yes. It is worth it. I would regret it. I had the 3G and the 3GS is so much better. Twice as fast, access to higher data speeds, more RAM, better graphic quality, better camera, better battery life, etc.. Also, I find that the 3GS holds a signal better and has much better call quality.

Next question, will all the apps/tv shows/audio books..etc I have for my itouch be able to go over to an iphone without having to purchase them again?
    If it is in your iTunes library, yes. All you have to do is sync your iPhone and select in the options what you want to be synced.

Does the iphone 3g or 3gs have a different connection than an itouch or will my car fm transmitter/charger work with the iphone too?
    It should work, but you might get an error messege telling you to turn of radios or something. My friend JBL dock for his iPod mini works with my iPhone but I get that error. The connection is the same though. My iTouch 1st gen USB cord worked with my 3G and works with my 3GS.

I use td ameritrade to trade stocks and the storm app is actually pretty decent. Does the iphone app have a real time ticker for up to date pricing?
    There are a lot of apps with stock updates. I don't own any but I'm sure someone here can recommend something that you would use.

Good luck with whichever one you pick.
    08-17-09 07:58 PM
    I wish you luck. Sounds like a good price to me, and you can't go wrong.
    08-17-09 09:11 PM
    Yes, the 3GS speed alone sets it apart from its predecessors. Dont sell yourself short, get it!
    08-17-09 10:25 PM
    if you're getting the subsidized price, then go with the 3gs.
    08-27-09 01:46 AM
    dont do it get a grown ups phone not a 'look what i can do' phone
    08-28-09 12:51 PM
    You sure do sound like a grown up.
    08-28-09 01:09 PM
    If you are the Blackberry "grown up" representative I'm sure many will pass on a BB. With comments like this you are just convincing people to go buy an iPhone that much more.
    08-28-09 01:40 PM
    thadealer , as a person who loved blackberry and all of their phones , and have own many.... your crazy. Sorry but the iphone 3gs is as good if not better then the best blackberry ( which i see being the bold at this time) get the 3GS , you wont regret it . Then jailbreak it , and u WILL LOVE IT
    08-28-09 03:23 PM
    thadealer , as a person who loved blackberry and all of their phones , and have own many.... your crazy. Sorry but the iphone 3gs is as good if not better then the best blackberry ( which i see being the bold at this time) get the 3GS , you wont regret it . Then jailbreak it , and u WILL LOVE IT
    I have both the Bold and the 3GS. They are both great devices, and if you jailbreak the 3GS it is definitely the best IMO. I have had my Bold activated again for the past 24hrs and I already want to switch back to my iPhone. And I love my Bold (ditched my 3G for the Bold). 5.0.0.190 is nice, but just not as smooth.
    08-28-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD