View Poll Results: Which phone should I choose?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 5

9 69.23%
  • 4G Droid (Bionic/Vigor)

4 30.77%
    With my upgrade available to me one month ago and my company allowing iPhones and Androids within the coming month, my options have totally opened.

PRO iPhone:
    1) One thing that's actually important to me is the frame capture capability that iPhone has now with its video recording. I've got 2 young children and they can't sit still for a picture where they're looking at the camera together. I love that iPhone does a great job at the frame capture.

I've seen an Android app that does this too (on a Droid 2), but the fps is much less than then iPhone, so the picture is degraded.

2) I've heard really good things about Facetime. Even though there's Skype on the iOS and Android platform, it seems as most people say they like Facetime better. With Facetime possibly being allowed without wifi on the final iOS 5, this is even better.

3) Developers, cases, etc, seem to make things FIRST for the iPhone if not exclusive to iPhone.

4) The battery-life on the iPhones are much better than Android.

5) Malware is much less than Android, if not even at a 0% (I saw that post about the Q2 2011 numbers here).

6) The fit/finish is just cleaner overall on the iPhone.

CON iPhone
    1) I don't like how I have to sync with iTunes to update my phone with whatever changes I want to make. With my BB or Droid X (that I had for 4 months), I just used my SD card and popped it in and out between phone and laptop. It seems so much easier...

2) I also saw a thread where it's hard to move videos off of the iPhone without some 3rd party app. I like how I can literally copy/paste from an SD card on the Android platform.

3) I don't like how iTunes sorts music by Artists, but it does it automatically and makes things look funny (to me) because of its arrangement. On my Windows laptop (sorry Mac users), I arrange my music by Genre/Artist/Album. On iTunes, it's just artist (when I look at the folders on my PC laptop, not in iTunes).

4) I also don't like that I have to create specific playlists from iTunes to have it sync to my iPhone.

5) 3G - That being said, I don't stream movies or tv shows (yet) and use MAYBE 1 GB of data per month even at my personal heaviest usage.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm truthfully leaning towards iPhone 5, but I'm distracted by 4G capability on the upcoming Bionic and Vigor and that it can do many (but not all) things I'm looking for. The speed tests are ridiculous that I've seen with my own eyes.

Also, I don't plan on Jailbreaking or Rooting either platform.

I know that by posting in the Apple forum that I'll be swayed towards the iPhone, but I think I just need a nudge to push me over.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
    09-03-11 04:13 PM
    iPhone 5 will have wireless Sync with iTunes. Are you on a Mac or PC? Ooops saw you have PC.
    09-03-11 05:35 PM
    if i were to pick,the iphone 5 would be my choice.since you don't plan on rooting or jailbreaking,then it would be wise to stick to iphone.
    09-03-11 06:25 PM
    I have used iPhone (4, I believe and a 3GS) and i am partial to Android. The ability to customize the screens with not only apps, but shortcuts and widgets makes Android efficient and productive.

I can't imagine just having a screen full of apps anymore. Widgets provide useful info at a glance.

The bigger screen makes the keyboard well spaced and a pleasure to type on.

Big screen is also great for video calls and YouTube videos of my family!

Lastly, I use a lot of Google apps such as Talk, Voice, Maps, Navigation, Sky, Gmail. So Android makes sense then too.

Let us know what you decide!
    09-03-11 06:41 PM
    Play with each, weigh your experience against your objective/subjective requirements, then go from there

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 06:47 PM
    Thanks 4 startun this thread,but I'm tryin 2 decide which 2 go with myself,so I'm usein the info also.Love the iphone cam and screen(not size,but res).I plan 2 watch movies,so the 4.3 is ideal,and widgets or always nice and bloat free is a big plus-so iphone or droid prime?this is a tuff 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 08:16 PM
    Since neither one is out yet, it's really hard to say. The iPhone 5 might really surprise me, and the Bionic is kind of "meh" to me at this point. That said, now that I've experienced 4G LTE, it's going to be really tough to recommend any CDMA 3G phone. And going off my current arsenal, I'd say that my ThunderBolt rips the iP4 apart in almost every respect except battery life. At least for the way I use my phones; your mileage may vary. But again, the Bionic isn't that big of a leap from the HTC ThunderBolt, and in some ways it's still a lesser phone, but the iPhone 5 could end up being a huge leap from the iPhone 4. So, without getting my hands on either, I can't say anything other than my track record with Motorola products hasn't been that great. Lots of hardware failures.

Ultimately, it will have to be your decision and I would try them both!

Oh yeah, the Vigor! I think it's going to be hot, hot, HOT!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 09-04-11 at 04:11 AM.
    09-03-11 11:32 PM
    Since neither one is out yet, it's really hard to say. The iPhone 5 might really surprise me, and the Bionic is kind of "meh" to me at this point. That said, now that I've experienced 4G LTE, it's going to be really tough to recommend any CDMA 3G phone. And going off my current arsenal, I'd say that my ThunderBolt rips the iP4 apart in almost every respect except battery life. At least for the way I use my phones; your mileage may vary. But again, the Bionic isn't that big of a leap from the HTC ThunderBolt, and in some ways it's still a lesser phone, but the iPhone 5 could end up being a huge leap from the iPhone 4. So, without getting my hands on either, I can't say anything other than my track record with Motorola products hasn't been that great. Lots of hardware failures.

Ultimately, it will have to be your decision and I would try them both!

After reading the material on Battery University, I've come to think why Motorola devices tend to not last that long: I do remember my phone getting consistently hot.. part of it has to do with voltage thresholds. If it remains at a critical point, then the battery loses sustenance
    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-04-11 12:35 AM
    Plz help me to decide,should i grow a pair or put on my Big Girl Panties?,now thats funny? lol!!!!!! 8-)
    09-04-11 11:18 PM
    All your cons (aside from 3G as I didn't really understand it) will not be the case in iOS 5. I currently use iOS 5 on my iPhone and I never sync using the PC as it all can be done OTA.
    09-04-11 11:27 PM
    P.S., whether you're using Android or an iPhone, you will more than likely hit 1GB as both devices will constantly be pulling data.
    09-04-11 11:28 PM
    Thanks for all the continued input.

Terry, I can't help you on your situation...
    09-04-11 11:44 PM
    im definently getting i-phone 5 when i comes. ive had the i-phone since day 1 it arrived and have yet to find another phone to compare to it.
    09-05-11 05:13 PM
    Thanks for all the continued input.

Terry, I can't help you on your situation...
    Darn!!!!! ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 08:50 PM
    im definently getting i-phone 5 when i comes. ive had the i-phone since day 1 it arrived and have yet to find another phone to compare to it.
    Because you have only owned 1 phone!
    09-16-11 03:58 PM
    If the iPhone 5 does not have LTE, pass. You are entering into a 2 year contract, unless buying retail. If you think it doesn't matter, you would be sorely mistaken. 4G is the real deal. If you don't have it where you live, it will be there soon. That alone should be a deal breaker.
    chuckh0308 likes this.
    09-16-11 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD