I think I might purchase an iPhone 4 because the call-end button on my Storm 9530 is not working and I can't end a call without pulling the battery out.

I've heard it all the iPhone 4 on Verizon is great, yada yada yada. The antenna issue isn't there or isn't as bad as AT&T yada yada yada. Sounds all good but what about the less known and less discussed proximity sensor issue? Some have said (including phonedog.com reviewers) that the iPhone 4 proximity sensor is glitchy and when on a call it doesn't always do its job and people end up pushing things on the screen with their faces, ending calls or whatever else.

Have people with a Verizon iPhone experienced this issue? Was the issue ever widespread? Is it resolved?
    03-29-11 03:07 PM
    I don't know how old those reviews you read were but the proximity sensor issue was addressed in the summer and seems to be fixed. I had major problems with this initially but it's no longer an issue.
    03-29-11 06:18 PM
    It works just fine. I have not had an issue pressing anything while on a call, in fact I'm rather impressed with how well it reacts.
    03-29-11 07:13 PM
    It has happened to me twice and the same way both times. Each time it was late afternoon and I was driving into the sun. I dont know if the windshield glare had something to do with it or not. Each time I could hear the button tones randomly when the phone moved do to the road I guess.
    03-29-11 09:39 PM
    i'm on AT&T and in the NYC region... never had issues with my iPhone.

i think the media made it bigger than it actually was.

if anything, i believe verizon gives 14 days to try it out?
    03-30-11 04:30 AM
    The sensor has always worked just fine. When it comes to building quality, apple is top notch.
    03-30-11 08:38 AM
    I experienced the proximity issue with my AT&T iPhone 4 but a software update fix it shortly after and I haven't seen any issue with my Verizon one.
    03-30-11 09:11 AM
    I have had no issues with anything on my iPhone4 from VZ. It is a workhorse and just works and works well.
    03-31-11 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD