I installed 3.0 when it was in beta 2 and continued to install each near release and I can definitely say, it's not ready for consumers what so ever.
    It's fine. Not everyone is going to experiance a problem, geeeesh. This forum is becoming almost as bad as the Storm forums, lets not go down that road.
    04-10-10 01:40 PM
    hahahahaha....shouldnt experience as much problems as the storm.
    04-11-10 12:28 PM
    It's fine. Not everyone is going to experiance a problem, geeeesh. This forum is becoming almost as bad as the Storm forums, lets not go down that road.
    So when did my statement say that everyone was going to experience a problem

Was assuming a characteristic of the Storm forums?
    04-11-10 10:15 PM
    Really you mean an OS that is not meant for release yet is buggy? Not trying to flame you but what do you expect, devs need time to get their apps ready for OS 4.0
    All I have to say half my apps do not work properly with OS 4.0. I know it is meant for testing but this OS is buggy as anything before Alpha.. forget Beta.
    No need to be sarcastic, just stating my experience.
    04-12-10 09:52 AM
    Does this mean there is absolutely no point in me having my Storm 2 now? I'm thinking of getting iPhone but I'm not sure if I want it on Pay As You Go. I don't feel like paying for two contracts at once and my Storm 2's contract doesn't expire until Dec 21st.
    04-13-10 08:09 AM
    Didn't they implement the Long Hold of the Home button to bring up the running apps screen? Reason would dictate that if they did that, you'd still be able to close an app by just clicking the Home button once with the active app that you want to close. Or, simply Long Hold Home button to bring up the list, switch apps to the one you want to close and then hit Home once to close it and bring you back to the default Home screen.

Am I the only one who thought of this? Or are they saying that you won't be able to see which apps are running? lol
    Yes in the beta you double click the home button and you can see all the running apps appear in the dock and you can close them one by one
    04-13-10 12:34 PM
    Apple really should have some way to close your apps. I don't enjoy holding on an app to close them one by one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 03:39 PM
    (and noticing you're using Rogers as your provider, so you must already be a little slow in the head)
    Sorry, had to weigh in here on this one. Not everyone wants to be tied to a niche technology that works in just a few countries. I personally chose Rogers as their quad band phones allow me to go anywhere with them when I travel.

Telus and Bell have serious limitations in this field which cannot be remedied.
    04-13-10 03:56 PM
    Sorry, had to weigh in here on this one. Not everyone wants to be tied to a niche technology that works in just a few countries. I personally chose Rogers as their quad band phones allow me to go anywhere with them when I travel.

Telus and Bell have serious limitations in this field which cannot be remedied.
    Radius, maybe I'm missing something, but you do know that Telus and Bell have hspa networks now, right?
    04-13-10 04:28 PM
    Radius, maybe I'm missing something, but you do know that Telus and Bell have hspa networks now, right?
    Nope, didn't know. And in the end I won't go back to Telus due to some difficulties I had with them a few years back.

Even so, Rogers has been good to me so I don't really understand the original comment unless that person had a bad experience with Rogers.
    04-13-10 04:36 PM
    Apple really should have some way to close your apps. I don't enjoy holding on an app to close them one by one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I'd be willing to bet this is just temporary ... no doubt the official 4.0 release will have a better way...
    04-13-10 07:00 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD