http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/04...coming-summer/

The iphone blog is saying that there is a CDMA iphone in the works.....

i hope that it is true and if it is, i hope its up to date with the 3rd generation iphone
    04-13-09 06:10 PM
    Different CDMA technology. Made for China's network.
    04-13-09 06:55 PM
    Different CDMA technology. Made for China's network.
    Says this right in the article too.
    04-13-09 07:52 PM
    o yeah, i know but i just wanted to put it because now there is a chance for cdma for verizon
    04-13-09 09:23 PM
    if you want the ihpone...come to ATT
    04-14-09 09:40 AM
    if you want the ihpone...come to ATT
    Or just wait until it come on verizon's LTE network... which it more than likely will
    04-14-09 09:57 AM
    That China CDMA iPhone won't work on Verizon's frequencies sorry.
    04-14-09 10:57 AM
    Eee gads watson.. I seriously hope they don't ditch HSPA 3G.. I wont get the new iPhone if they do..
    04-14-09 11:02 AM
    I understand that they are CHINA frequency and are different, but if they really are developing a CDMA for China, why not for Verizon? I understand what you are guys are saying, but once again there is a bigger chance, even though really small still, that a verizon IPHONE is possible
    04-14-09 03:20 PM
    o yeah, i know but i just wanted to put it because now there is a chance for cdma for verizon
    No there isn't. It says that in the article too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 05:03 PM
    There wont be a Verizon iPhone, probably ever because ATT has a contract with Apple that says so.. and as long as ATT keeps up with the huge $$$ towards Apple, that contract will just keep getting extended.
    04-14-09 05:04 PM
    Third would be a special version to support a CDMA carrier in China, allowing Apple to penetrate that last, largest of markets. (And with the mere mention of CDMA, cue baseless Verizon rumors in 3… 2… ) [Note: Chinese CDMA bands won't work on Verizon -- hence baseless]

And the new iPhone has 3G... not Edge.

& ATT is holding onto the iPhone here in the States. It's a contract thing.

That's why Verizon isn't going to get it till AT&T Gives it up.
    04-14-09 06:34 PM
    There wont be a Verizon iPhone, probably ever because ATT has a contract with Apple that says so.. and as long as ATT keeps up with the huge $$$ towards Apple, that contract will just keep getting extended.
    Contract is up in this july, its only rumored to be extended until 2010 (which it very well may be), and say it is extended one year, in 2010 LTE will be the new thing why would Apple not want to go with that, ATT isnt getting it until 2011. And why oh why would they stay with one carrier? Its terrible from a business perspective. Not one phone company is exclusive to one carrier, why is this, because it doesnt make business sense. How many more customers does Verizon have than ATT? Think about how many kids who are on their parents plans with Verizon would talk them into getting the iphone. It will happen, its just a matter of when.
    04-14-09 06:36 PM
    ATT and Apple have a 5 year contract since the iphone came out.. you do the math.

June 27, 2007 + 5 = June 27 2012 sorry VZW...

They also sparred over the iPhone. As previously reported by USA TODAY, Verizon passed on the opportunity to become the exclusive U.S. distributor, balking at Apple's demand for control over distribution, pricing, marketing and more. That left an opening for AT&T — then called Cingular — to cement a deal. (AT&T on Monday officially dumped the Cingular name and store signs now are being switched. The move came slightly ahead of schedule.)

Denny Strigl, Verizon's chief operating officer, decided to pass on the iPhone deal and says he has no regrets: "Time will tell" if he made the right call, he says.

Strigl doesn't think the iPhone will be that hard to compete against. Why? Because, he says, for five long years it will be tied to AT&T's wireless network. His point: A phone is only as good as the network it runs on, and he thinks Verizon's is better.
    Mr. Strigl, time has spoken and you have officially lost.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 04-14-09 at 06:48 PM.
    04-14-09 06:41 PM
    AT&T is bringing out another iPhone. They're not going to let it get away. As long as AT&T continues to want to extend the contract Apple will stay with them.

Verizon already (extremly stupidly, imo) turned down Apple.
    04-14-09 06:45 PM
    Verizon is STRONG
    ATT is ARMY STRONG
    04-14-09 06:50 PM
    ATT and Apple have a 5 year contract since the iphone came out.. you do the math.

June 27, 2007 + 5 = June 27 2012 sorry VZW...

Mr. Strigl, time has spoken and you have officially lost.
    You are incorrect.. this is from today....

AT&T Chief Looks to Keep iPhone, Deepen Wireless Push - WSJ.com

if you dont wanna go there ill highlight the important parts the first 2 paragraphs:

When Randall Stephenson became AT&T Inc.'s chief executive, the company had just started offering the iPhone. The blockbuster device has since reeled in millions of new customers and helped revitalize the telecom giant's brand.But AT&T's exclusive deal to carry the iPhone in the U.S. expires next year, according to people familiar with the matter, and Mr. Stephenson is now in discussions with Apple Inc. to get an extension until 2011.

Hmmm seems to me like your another uninformed apple iphone fanboy....
    04-14-09 08:18 PM

if you dont wanna go there ill highlight the important parts the first 2 paragraphs:

When Randall Stephenson became AT&T Inc.'s chief executive, the company had just started offering the iPhone. The blockbuster device has since reeled in millions of new customers and helped revitalize the telecom giant's brand.But AT&T's exclusive deal to carry the iPhone in the U.S. expires next year, according to people familiar with the matter, and Mr. Stephenson is now in discussions with Apple Inc. to get an extension until 2011.

o yeah, i read that too somewhere, but i didnt know if it had happened or not...

edit: just found this! like Lynx83 said.... but in this it says no **** that ATT has IPHONE till 2010, but no longer, and this is kinda perfect.... they introduce it now, and in a year it will be with CDMA people

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/04...sivity-iphone/
    Last edited by Safarii; 04-14-09 at 10:24 PM.
    04-14-09 10:20 PM
    I believe Verizon turned down the iphone because they were already developing the storm which makes sense...rim already a well know face in the smartphone game or apple the new kid on the block

04-15-09 02:37 AM
    Verizon is STRONG
    ATT is ARMY STRONG
    Uh, nevermind. Too easy!
    04-15-09 02:42 AM
    I believe Verizon turned down the iphone because they were already developing the storm which makes sense...rim already a well know face in the smartphone game or apple the new kid on the block

Verizon turned down the iPhone because Apple was too demanding with it's terms.

Apple wanted to sell the iPhone only in Apple stores, do all the warranty work, do all the pricing, do all the plan pricing, etc.. Verizon said no, ATT said yes(with some demands of their own).
    04-15-09 10:17 AM
    Verizon turned down the iPhone because Apple was too demanding with it's terms.

Apple wanted to sell the iPhone only in Apple stores, do all the warranty work, do all the pricing, do all the plan pricing, etc.. Verizon said no, ATT said yes(with some demands of their own).
    ^ this is correct. Verizon didnt like the fact that they could not replace phones in their corporate stores, and what not. Apple wanted full control and Verizon said no.
    04-15-09 10:36 AM

Apparently I'm as uninformed as USA Today Mr. Blackberry fanboy, a STORM at that . Nevertheless don't expect the uberphone to cross to VZW in the near future.
    04-15-09 01:26 PM
    It'll get extended.. then when the new iPhone comes out, a new contract will extend it even further.. face it, if ATT has it's way, the iPhone will never get in Verizon's hands.
    04-15-09 01:29 PM
    Apparently I'm as uninformed as USA Today Mr. Blackberry fanboy, a STORM at that . Nevertheless don't expect the uberphone to cross to VZW in the near future.
    Your article was from 2 years ago, and USA today didnt say it, Verizon did. And to sniffs it will go to other carriers, its terrible business not to. Remember when the ipod came out and it was incredibly limited. Than Apple realized, "hey if we let more people access it we can make more money!". They did, and the rest is history. At worst case scenario if ATT keeps the iphone into 2011, all Verizon users will need to do is unlock it since both networks will be LTE.
    04-15-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD