This device is awesome!!!

I will quickly compare it to my Storm 1....

1-Web browsing on the iPhone is a breeze, Storm is sluggish as heck

2-the Gui is much smoother, I love typing on the iPhone vs Storm, I had the Storm since January and I still make mistakes typing, on the iPhone however it was smooth sailing

3-WIFI, now I wish the Storm 1 had it, maybe when I upgrade it to Storm 2 I'll be fine.

4-Now for the life of me, I cannot run multiple apps like Messenger and another app at the same time with the iPhone, what's the story here? I downloaded an MSN app, and when I hot the home button on the iPhone, the app logs me off! Is this an iPhone issue or an app issue?

5-On my Storm I love having multiple apps running at the same time getting notifications all the time. you feel connected! i can't say the same about iPhone.

Again I just had the phone for a few hours, perhaps someone can shed some light on the whole staying connected thing.

Also when I enable wifi, and I download stuff, does it actually use wifi or my data via Cell?
    At home I want to use WIFI, just want to make sure that it's actually switching to wifi when I am connected.

thanks for all your input.
    11-14-09 10:03 PM

4-Now for the life of me, I cannot run multiple apps like Messenger and another app at the same time with the iPhone, what's the story here? I downloaded an MSN app, and when I hot the home button on the iPhone, the app logs me off! Is this an iPhone issue or an app issue?
    You can't have open apps running in the background on the iPhone unless you jailbreak. If you aren't willing to do this consider getting Beejive IM with Push from the appstore. I have it and it works amazingly well with messenger.

5-On my Storm I love having multiple apps running at the same time getting notifications all the time. you feel connected! i can't say the same about iPhone.
    Again, jailbreaking is always an option.

Also when I enable wifi, and I download stuff, does it actually use wifi or my data via Cell?
    At home I want to use WIFI, just want to make sure that it's actually switching to wifi when I am connected.
    You're connected via wifi as long as the wifi symbol is replacing the 3G/ Edge symbol in the top left, having wifi enabled doesn't mean you're connected to a network
    11-14-09 11:53 PM
    Many thanks Zed
    11-15-09 12:03 AM
    No problem, glad you like the phone. If you have any more questions post 'em and I'll try to answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 12:12 AM
    Hehe, my next challenge is understanding iTunes and how to sync and backup and so on!
    On the blackberry you just launch Roxy, add anything you want to sync to the Storm, audio/video (of any format) and pics and Roxy will first convert then copy. SOOOOOOOO simple. iTunes is challenging hehe. But I'll figure it out.
    11-17-09 01:12 PM
    Wait a sec-

You think iTunes is more complicated than roxy?

Thats a first...

iTunes is so streamlined and intuitive.

Just plug it in, and it does the rest...

Unless of course you have more gigs on your iTunes than your iPhone.

In that case, you need to create a playlist-
    11-17-09 01:57 PM
    one thing i like about itunes is autofill. i like randomness in my ipod.
    11-17-09 04:09 PM
    So I managed to get my music, photos, and movies into the iPhone via iTunes, but what a learning curve.
    11-18-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD