I've been a BlackBerry Pearl 8120 (personal) and Curve 8900 user (work), and have to say I'm a little worried I won't find the iPhone as useful as my berries. The 3GS arrives tomorrow, and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Really enjoyed the push email on the berries, and some utilities like the password keeper (by the way, is there a utility like the password keeper on the iPhone as well?). The one thing that disappointed me about the berries, however, was their web browser, which I use a lot. Well, guess I have 30 days to decide if I really like the iPhone.

Few questions while I'm here- does anyone know the easiest way to transfer my phone contacts from my blackberry to my iPhone, and also, once my iPhone arrives, should I sign into my BlackBerry web account to disable the push email to my blackberry, or will that happen automatically once I activate the iPhone? Oh, and finally, where to find a good desktop charger for the iPhone? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 06:49 AM
    there are password keepers but I don't know any off the top of my head. you should be able to sync your contacts with outlook heres a little help if need be

WikiAnswers - How do you import contacts from your Blackberry to the iPhone 3G
    if you plan on selling your blackberry you will want to clear out your email address from bis before its disconnected or it could be a headache to do later on which means no it won't happen automatically

edit: heres a free password storer
    Free Password Keeper for iPhone and iPod Touch | Keeperô Password & Data Vault
    Last edited by spawn026; 09-24-09 at 06:59 AM.
    09-24-09 06:52 AM
    Congrats!

If you have a mac, 1Password is top of the line. If you have a PC, SlashID or mSecure.

Before I sell my device, I delete the emails associated with it first. Even if it's automatic, better safe then sorry.

You can use Google sync to sync your contacts.
    Google Sync on your mobile phone
    09-24-09 07:17 AM
    Thanks to both Duvi and spawn026 for those helpful tips! I'll remember to clear out my email accounts on BIS too.
    09-24-09 08:02 AM
    I dumped the iPhone for an 8900 and couldn't be happier... IPhone better for entertainment and internet....8900 better for every knid of communication....for me a phone is for communication.....iPhone can't compare for me.

09-24-09 08:43 AM
    I dumped the iPhone for an 8900 and couldn't be happier... IPhone better for entertainment and internet....8900 better for every knid of communication....for me a phone is for communication.....iPhone can't compare for me.

I hear ya, but I have a 8900 given to me from my work for communication, and will still have it. I find the browser in both the 8900 and the Pearl really stinks though, in comparison to the iPhone's browser, and I do a lot of tasks like paying bills, purchasing stuff, etc. through the web, so a good web browser is important to me. I think both the Berry and the iPhone have their strengths/weak points, so just a matter of what is more important to you. Maybe the answer is carrying both. LOL
    09-24-09 09:06 AM
    Yep....the BlackBerry browser is horrible and if you are going to use the phone to surf the web and actually pay bills and shop online then the iPhone is #1. I use my BlackBerry all day for email and messaging and hardly ever listen to music. I also use Viigo for RSS feeds to get all the stuff I would normally web surf for so the browser is hardly used as well. My iphone is only used as an MP3 player and sound machine now.

09-24-09 09:13 AM
    just a .02 but i use lockbox for my password keeper. its not all that and has ads, but i really think its simple and serves my purposes.
    09-24-09 05:01 PM
    does anyone know the easiest way to transfer my phone contacts from my blackberry to my iPhone

If all of your contacts are on outlook, you can set iTunes to sync your contacts from outlook to your iPhone. When you plug your phone into your computer, it should start iTunes and there will be tabs for everything you can sync to the phone. I just did that to the iPhone i bought last week and it worked great.

To everyone who says the BB is better for work and the iPhone is a toy/personal use, I have had both and being a firefighter for the state, the iPhone can do everything i need for my job and more. Besides it can't push my work email, it still makes my job easier then the BB. I know everyone has there opinions and i am not saying one is better then the other, but the iPhone is also a good phone for the work place. Being new to the iPhone, i love it and wouldn't go back to a BB.
    09-24-09 07:51 PM
    Thanks all. I'm getting psyched for the arrival of the 3GS tomorrow, and have already imported all my contacts into Outlook Express in preparation of transferring everything to the iPhone. The Blackberry has served me well, so I will miss it a bit, but hopefully, the iPhone will make the transition easy. Tried to do a really simple task of checking on the status of my Fed Ex shipment (the delivery status of my iPhone in fact), on my Pearl's browser tonite, but the darn browser wouldn't even run the script on the page correctly, so I had to get on my computer to track the shipment. Hopefully, something that simple won't be a problem with the iPhone Safari browser.

If all of your contacts are on outlook, you can set iTunes to sync your contacts from outlook to your iPhone. When you plug your phone into your computer, it should start iTunes and there will be tabs for everything you can sync to the phone. I just did that to the iPhone i bought last week and it worked great.

To everyone who says the BB is better for work and the iPhone is a toy/personal use, I have had both and being a firefighter for the state, the iPhone can do everything i need for my job and more. Besides it can't push my work email, it still makes my job easier then the BB. I know everyone has there opinions and i am not saying one is better then the other, but the iPhone is also a good phone for the work place. Being new to the iPhone, i love it and wouldn't go back to a BB.
    09-24-09 08:34 PM
    Thanks all. I'm getting psyched for the arrival of the 3GS tomorrow, and have already imported all my contacts into Outlook Express in preparation of transferring everything to the iPhone. The Blackberry has served me well, so I will miss it a bit, but hopefully, the iPhone will make the transition easy. Tried to do a really simple task of checking on the status of my Fed Ex shipment (the delivery status of my iPhone in fact), on my Pearl's browser tonite, but the darn browser wouldn't even run the script on the page correctly, so I had to get on my computer to track the shipment. Hopefully, something that simple won't be a problem with the iPhone Safari browser.
    This is just one of many reasons I'm making the treck to an iphone.....I will miss my blackberry but web browsing is a huge everday thing on my phone now and I can't stand the script waiting game anymore.....
    09-24-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD