Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
02-21-10 01:05 PM
154 ... 567
tools
    Hey guys I have my wife on the iPhone 3gs and I am on the Storm I get so jealous watching her fly through her apps/browser.

I have an oppertunity to get one now as well just wondering what if any are the drawbacks to Iphone

Also should I get one jailbroken?

And are their any drawbacks to jailbreak ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 10:09 AM
    Well I got my iphone on Thurs. So far I'm really liking it. Faster pretty much all the way around compared to my Tour. No sticky trackball issues.

Now the bad I have the new bootrom hence making Jailbreaking at present time not possible. So adding the functionality to the iphone that Apple thinks I don't need is impossible at present time possibly forever!

Where as with the Blackberry I could make it the way I wanted to to alert me etc. I cant even use my own tone for mail,sms etc on this thing I'm stuck with 5 lousy tones. Come on now really?

And battery life is I guess comparable to the stock Tour battery, but I had an extended one. So I guess I will take the next few weeks to decide if I will keep the iphone. If I can't jailbreak that could be the deciding factor.
    02-21-10 10:25 AM
    Hey guys I have my wife on the iPhone 3gs and I am on the Storm I get so jealous watching her fly through her apps/browser.

I have an oppertunity to get one now as well just wondering what if any are the drawbacks to Iphone

Well let's start off with the auto-correct is amazing so would would never have spelled opportunity wrong. Totally joking lol don't take that personally just poking at your storm. So anyway it's great you want one.

One drawback in my personal opinion is getting used to the touch screen coming from a blackberry. Some hate this ad it's really takes time some jump right into it head first.

When it comes to jailbreaking your iPhone I'm personally going to say no, but this is because I have jailbroken my 3G so the fun is gone for me. Give it some time in it's stock stage and then see if you want to do it. The drawback to jailbreaking is mainly just making the iPhone more unstable then normal, but the perks are worth it in a way. You open up a whole new world of customability for your device and apps that aren't allowed in the normal apple app store can be found in cydia.

Last but not least the battery, with an iPhone you will need to practice battery saving techniques that you are not used to doing on your storm (maybe). Such as turning off wifi maybe if your a heavy user dimming the background light, among other things.

Now with all that said I'm a heavy user and love this phone, I keep 3 chargers handy for this, but I deal with it, The applications make this phone and they are amazing, as well as limitless. If your a normal to moderate user this phone is definetly for you and if your a heavy user and can afford to add a car charger this is for you too, I'm jus OCD about my battery so this is why I have 3.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-21-10 at 11:37 AM.
    02-21-10 11:03 AM

As long as you don't install too much of the bullcrap in Cydia then you should be fine.

But as Brandon said, I wouldn't jailbreak your iPhone just yet. Play with it for about a few weeks to a month without it being jailbroken. I personally updated to firmware 3.1.3 and haven't tried downgrading to jailbreak again. I love how much faster my iPhone is without all of the Cydia mods slowing it down and hogging ram.

Now with all that said I'm a heavy user and love this phone, I keep 3 chargers handy for this, but I deal with it, The applications make this phone and they are amazing, as well as limitless. If your a normal to moderate user this phone is definetly for you and if your a heavy user and can afford to add a car charger this is for you too, I'm jus OCD about my battery so this is why I have 3.
    Haha, I have a car charger, but I never need it because I keep 3G off, brightness low, auto brightness off, and sometimes Airplane Mode turned on.
    Last edited by mitchell209; 02-21-10 at 01:12 PM.
    02-21-10 01:05 PM
154 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD