I Officially jumped ship today, I went to ATT to get my iPhone activated and everything. I am on it now. I do enjoy it ALOT, but there are little things I miss from my blackberry, I think I will get used to the iPhone, but I will always be open to a blackberry, it is a great device.
    02-17-10 11:59 PM
    I Officially jumped ship today, I went to ATT to get my iPhone activated and everything. I am on it now. I do enjoy it ALOT, but there are little things I miss from my blackberry, I think I will get used to the iPhone, but I will always be open to a blackberry, it is a great device.
    congrats man, yea you will love your iPhone after a while espcially when you get into the app store to check out all the good stuff in there wether it be productive apps, or fun apps to keep you busy in those boring times. Also remember cut off wifi if your not using it and you'll find your 3Gs will last you all day, also put it into sleep when your not on it those things help A LOT. I make it everyday in a 9 hour workday with jus those simple techniques.
    02-18-10 12:09 AM
    congrats man, yea you will love your iPhone after a while espcially when you get into the app store to check out all the good stuff in there wether it be productive apps, or fun apps to keep you busy in those boring times. Also remember cut off wifi if your not using it and you'll find your 3Gs will last you all day, also put it into sleep when your not on it those things help A LOT. I make it everyday in a 9 hour workday with jus those simple techniques.
    You'll love your iPhone, I jumped ship in Dec... and haven't looked back and the little things you'll miss you'll get over and the device itself and it's UI will make up for it...

Now as for shutting the wifi off when you aren't using it, but correct me if I'm wrong CrackberryBrandon but I believe it states that connecting an iPhone to wifi makes the battery last longer unless of course you meant that the wifi wouldn't be in use then I apologize

and here are some battery life tips from Apple Jake so you can get the most out of it

Apple - Batteries - iPhone
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 02-18-10 at 01:18 AM.
    02-18-10 01:15 AM
    You'll love your iPhone, I jumped ship in Dec... and haven't looked back and the little things you'll miss you'll get over and the device itself and it's UI will make up for it...

Now as for shutting the wifi off when you aren't using it, but correct me if I'm wrong CrackberryBrandon but I believe it states that connecting an iPhone to wifi makes the battery last longer unless of course you meant that the wifi wouldn't be in use then I apologize

and here are some battery life tips from Apple Jake so you can get the most out of it

Apple - Batteries - iPhone
    No no what I meant was sometimes people leave their wifi on say when they're driving or are in places with no wifi like parks or whatever, and that waste battery because your iPhone is constantly searching for a network to hook up to. So when your not using it or no you won't be in an area with wifi make sure you turn it off to help your battery last longer.
    02-18-10 02:19 AM
    I'm posting from my droid right now because my iphone is on the charger, but I love my iphone I just wanted to put that out there lol
    02-18-10 03:15 AM
    I turn off location services as well, for the same reason as wifi.
    If I'm not using it, it's just wasting battery resources.
    02-18-10 04:44 AM
    Yea the air jacket is a great case for the iPhone.
    Pics or links?
    02-18-10 09:44 AM
    02-18-10 11:43 AM
    I turn off location services as well, for the same reason as wifi.
    If I'm not using it, it's just wasting battery resources.
    Funny I leave everything turned on all the time on my iPhone. I do have the wi-fi set so that it will not ask to join a network, that way it only looks for a wi-fi signal if I tell it to. Even with BT and wi-fi on all the time and using the phone all day I almost never have to charge during the day.
    02-18-10 12:08 PM
    Gracias........
    02-18-10 01:05 PM
    I just made the switch from the 9700 last Friday via a trade and love my iPhone honestly. I love the apps and the simplicity of the OS.
    02-18-10 03:33 PM
    I just made the switch from the 9700 last Friday via a trade and love my iPhone honestly. I love the apps and the simplicity of the OS.
    That's what's up welcome to the team. Team iPhone the only platform where it's cool to he cocky about your phone because it's expected lol.
    02-18-10 03:52 PM
    Welcome to the iPhone, you are going to love it. If you want some free ringtones check out this sitehttp://www.free-ringtones.cc/free_mp3_ringtones.php?search=Rehab&sort=search I use it all the time and it really works well.
    02-18-10 03:52 PM
    That's what's up welcome to the team. Team iPhone the only platform where it's cool to he cocky about your phone because it's expected lol.
    Thanks and I agree
    02-18-10 04:00 PM
    Welcome to the iPhone, you are going to love it. If you want some free ringtones check out this site Free iPhone and Mp3 ringtones I use it all the time and it really works well.
    Just trying to fix the link.
    02-18-10 04:43 PM
    Gracias........

No problem, you're welcome
    02-18-10 05:15 PM

Welcome to the iPhone, it simply is the coolest and best smartphone out there, I can't WAIT to see the 4G ... no matter what carrier it's with lol
    02-18-10 05:17 PM
    Just trying to fix the link.
    Thanx, I messed that up. LOL
    02-18-10 05:30 PM
    Thanx, I messed that up. LOL
    No problem. I've already bookmarked it.
    02-18-10 05:39 PM
    No problem. I've already bookmarked it.
    Yeah it's a great site, can't remember how I found it but it's been good to me.
    02-18-10 05:40 PM
    Welcome to the iPhone, you are going to love it. If you want some free ringtones check out this sitehttp://www.free-ringtones.cc/free_mp3_ringtones.php?search=Rehab&sort=search I use it all the time and it really works well.
    Great link thanks!!!
    02-19-10 12:01 AM
    Great link thanks!!!
    Welcome, but you should thank LSG since they fixed it for me. LOL It is an awesome site though.
    02-20-10 11:26 AM
    So far I am really liking the iPhone, really liking it. I am just looking for some good apps, that are free, or a couple of dollars. Some productivity apps, like word, or excel for some college classes of mine. Also some fun ones, like some games.
    I am also looking for some good iPhone forums that some people belong too. I am at TiPD, now and looking for more info on the iPhone.
    Also I am wondering about making phone calls over Wi-Fi, how do I do such? I have wi-fi at home and I am thinking of turning off my 3G and my Edge, in order to just use Wi-Fi, but how do I make or receive phone calls when Edge and 3G are off?
    02-20-10 10:59 PM
    So far I am really liking the iPhone, really liking it. I am just looking for some good apps, that are free, or a couple of dollars. Some productivity apps, like word, or excel for some college classes of mine. Also some fun ones, like some games.
    I am also looking for some good iPhone forums that some people belong too. I am at TiPD, now and looking for more info on the iPhone.
    Also I am wondering about making phone calls over Wi-Fi, how do I do such? I have wi-fi at home and I am thinking of turning off my 3G and my Edge, in order to just use Wi-Fi, but how do I make or receive phone calls when Edge and 3G are off?
    Well for the word and the excel app you can download documents to go but it isn't a couple of dollars it's 14 but it's the best one out there.
    02-20-10 11:35 PM
    I don't think that you can make wi-fi calls on the iPhone. There may be a way to do it with a JB but I really don't think so. I know that there is an app for the iTouch that allows wi-fi to wi-fi, like skype of Google Talk, but as far as I know there is no way to do it on the iPhone.
    02-21-10 12:31 AM
154 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD