Yea the iTouch is an awesome build, the iPhone is too compared to any other device on the market. Apple has the build quality down but after walking around with a Touch all the time i can see why people would like it more then the iPhone its thinner sleeker, i love my touch. I always have my Touch on me jammin with my iPhone in the other pocket on vibrate.
    My mom just got her iphone last night from my brother & she is now wanting to sell it. Lol
    02-13-10 05:06 AM
    My mom just got her iphone last night from my brother & she is now wanting to sell it. Lol
    Oh NO im a little hurt by that, why does she want to sell it, just not her thing.
    02-13-10 05:08 AM
    Oh NO im a little hurt by that, why does she want to sell it, just not her thing.
    yeah, it's not her thing.
    she doesn't really like touchscreens & um..my brother didn't want it because he wants an ipod..:/
    02-13-10 05:34 AM
    yeah, it's not her thing.
    she doesn't really like touchscreens & um..my brother didn't want it because he wants an ipod..:/
    Well at least someone is keeping it Apple.
    02-13-10 06:12 AM
    Well at least someone is keeping it Apple.
    Lol XD Someday I'll get me an iPhone...Maybe year 2012.
    02-13-10 06:16 AM
    Well better late then never
    02-13-10 06:21 AM
    I wish I could get an iPhone! At&T does not have service in my area. In fact the closest AT&T store is 150 miles away! If you look at the AT&T map they only have coverage in the 3 biggest cities in my state! Verizon has 3G over the whole State!

It used to be just Alltel not even Verizon but now Verizon is everywhere! I used to have a Razr from Alltel and carried my iPod Touch with me everywhere but now I have my Storm 2 (my first smartphone) and after using my first gen iPod Touch for 3 years the storm doesn't even compare! My 3 year old touch is better than my new BB!

If they ever have a Verizon iPhone I will be first in line! But compared to my Razr my storm is amazing! I just need a faster BB browser!

So it was either wait for an iPhone on Verizon (doubt it will ever happen but I can hope) or buy me a smartphone now! I couldn't wait any longer! Crossing my fingers that RIM will get it together with Storm 3!
    Last edited by JWoof; 02-13-10 at 12:11 PM.
    02-13-10 12:09 PM
    I wish I could get an iPhone! At&T does not have service in my area. In fact the closest AT&T store is 150 miles away! If you look at the AT&T map they only have coverage in the 3 biggest cities in my state! Verizon has 3G over the whole State!

It used to be just Alltel not even Verizon but now Verizon is everywhere! I used to have a Razr from Alltel and carried my iPod Touch with me everywhere but now I have my Storm 2 (my first smartphone) and after using my first gen iPod Touch for 3 years the storm doesn't even compare! My 3 year old touch is better than my new BB!

If they ever have a Verizon iPhone I will be first in line! But compared to my Razr my storm is amazing! I just need a faster BB browser!

So it was either wait for an iPhone on Verizon (doubt it will ever happen but I can hope) or buy me a smartphone now! I couldn't wait any longer! Crossing my fingers that RIM will get it together with Storm 3!
    I wish they would go to verizon too, but doesn't look like that will be happening
    02-13-10 12:37 PM
    I wish they would go to verizon too, but doesn't look like that will be happening
    Well hopefully AT&T is making upgrades to their service like we're constantly hearing, I miss big reds voice service a little but I certainly don't miss their bs or their horrible 3g speeds
    02-13-10 05:09 PM
    Did I mention I absolutely love this phone. I'm so glad I didn't listen to all the haters.
    02-13-10 09:57 PM
    I am now the owner of a 3GS 32g. I am quite impressed. Its missing a few things but is very usable. The web browsing is ok, better than the blackberry by a country mile but nowhere near as good as the HD2. A flashing LED would be nice, don't want to wake my screen up to find out if I have a message of some kind.

Build quality is decent enough, I will have more to say about that in a few weeks when I have really had a chance to play with it and put it through its paces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 05:52 AM
    I also just bought a iphone yesterday. Actualy I bought one yesterday and one the day before haha.

My line was up for renewal and the woman has been lusting after a iphone so I upgraded and got one for her. Well while she was at work I was playing with the phone and decided that it was time to give my Bold a break. I decided I wanted to try one too.

I got the phone as suprise to her while she was at work and when I switched the phone to her number it obviously turned off her Curve. It was pretty funny when she called me from work complaining about her BB not working only to come home to find her new iphone working Sneeky and mean at the same time!
    02-14-10 12:25 PM
    I also just bought a iphone yesterday. Actualy I bought one yesterday and one the day before haha.

My line was up for renewal and the woman has been lusting after a iphone so I upgraded and got one for her. Well while she was at work I was playing with the phone and decided that it was time to give my Bold a break. I decided I wanted to try one too.

I got the phone as suprise to her while she was at work and when I switched the phone to her number it obviously turned off her Curve. It was pretty funny when she called me from work complaining about her BB not working only to come home to find her new iphone working Sneeky and mean at the same time!
    Welcome to the iPhone... you're sure to love it... it's a killer device
    02-14-10 12:46 PM
    Yea Im loving it so far. Have spent my morning searching for cool/useful apps
    02-14-10 01:36 PM
    My wife calls herself a iPhone Widow since I got mine 3 days ago..LOL
    02-14-10 01:56 PM
    im toying with buying one, just read 7 pages on the iphone swop

in the uk you can buy a 16g payasyougo for �440 - i own a touch 32gb 3rd gen which is brilliant

ive messed up really my 3 phone was playing up rubbish signal with HTC unlocked handset so 4 months ago i dived in and bought a 8900 on orange 18 month contract @ �30 a month, christmas orange launched the iphone same tariff @ �189 for a 16gb - so my touch has loads of free apps from apptrackR but its not a phone, im sure if i invest it would be value for money

upgrade is 14 months away can i wait ?? not sure i can

if id just waited till feb and bought the iphone derrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Ricey155; 02-14-10 at 02:14 PM.
    02-14-10 02:12 PM

I don't understand posts like this. Where do you live???? In comparison, AT&T's 3G coverage is more sporadic, but it's also way ahead of Verizon's 3G coverage. Verizon's 3G coverage is comparable to AT&T's EDGE with only slightly faster speeds and both have no voice/data at the same time. AT&T's EDGE is EVERYWHERE. My husband and I have had a transport business for the last 3 years and have traveled all over the continental United States. The only place we wouldn't have any service for more than a few minutes was in the mountains of Montana and the upper wilds of Wisconsin. Everywhere else, on and off main interstates, we had service and operated our business while traveling pretty much completely from my iPhone and our AT&T wireless air card for the laptop.

I just don't understand when people say Verizon has better coverage and service. They can show more on their "3G map", but again (and correct me if I'm wrong), when they say 3G it's not the same as AT&T's 3g due to the difference in the types of networks, etc.
    Last edited by cleaverton; 02-14-10 at 02:28 PM.
    02-14-10 02:26 PM
    Yea Im loving it so far. Have spent my morning searching for cool/useful apps
    I have almost 80 apps on mine.. it's absolutely ridiculous...if you can think of a website or anything you may use online... odds are there's an app for that lol
    02-14-10 03:40 PM
    I don't understand posts like this. Where do you live???? In comparison, AT&T's 3G coverage is more sporadic, but it's also way ahead of Verizon's 3G coverage. Verizon's 3G coverage is comparable to AT&T's EDGE with only slightly faster speeds and both have no voice/data at the same time. AT&T's EDGE is EVERYWHERE. My husband and I have had a transport business for the last 3 years and have traveled all over the continental United States. The only place we wouldn't have any service for more than a few minutes was in the mountains of Montana and the upper wilds of Wisconsin. Everywhere else, on and off main interstates, we had service and operated our business while traveling pretty much completely from my iPhone and our AT&T wireless air card for the laptop.

I just don't understand when people say Verizon has better coverage and service. They can show more on their "3G map", but again (and correct me if I'm wrong), when they say 3G it's not the same as AT&T's 3g due to the difference in the types of networks, etc.

I live in Ohio central Ohio and AT&T coverage is terrible! I left my blackberry and Verizon and went to the AT&T store 26 miles away and bought me a new Iphone 3G and had my number ported over. Got it all activated and saw that nice 3G symbol on my Iphone. Left on my way home and got half way there and lost the 3G and was replaced by an E, finally got home and it said NO SERVICE! I spent 2 days on the phone telling them something might be wrong with my phone. They told me nothing was wrong with the phone and my area had good coverage. Someone was lying!!!! Turns out the phone was fine. There coverage sucked! 26 miles away from the store and can't even get service. The only thing that works around here is Verizon. Needless to say I would love for Verizon to get the Iphone. The Iphone is a very sweet device I will admit.

02-14-10 04:01 PM
    I live in southwest Kansas. AT&T is not even an option for me. AT&T has 3G in Kansas City, Wichita, and Lawrence. Those are the three biggest cities.

Must I say more? No, but I will.

AT&T 3G is spotty to say the least, you did not have 3G everywhere you went. Look at the AT&T map, the blue is 3G, the orange is Edge, and where it is orange and striped you are roaming. Verizon 3G is everywhere! The argument over AT&T as the nations fastest 3G network means nothing if I can only get 3G in the city or at work. I want 3G everywhere! So would I take a slower 3G everywhere over faster 3G nowhere? Yes!

Look around the internet and believe me, you will not find a shortage for complaints about AT&T's spotty coverage.

I wanted an iPhone and I was bound and determined to get one! I called my AT&T store (150 miles away) and told them that I want an iPhone and is it possible for me to create an account considering I live in a roaming area. They said no. I told them that I would even pay the roaming fees but it is not possible unless you already have AT&T and move to a roaming area. Even then they have the right to cancel your contract if you are in roaming for a certain number of days/months!

So that is why everybody who doesn't live in New York or LA wants a Verizon iPhone, so that we have the option of an iPhone! I don't know if Apple realizes how many more people would buy the iPhone (on top of the MILLIONS sold already) if AT&T had coverage in more places than just the biggest city of every state!
    02-14-10 05:31 PM

And what are the population densities of all of those different areas? Do you have a clue on the numbers, or just too brainwashed by the map VZW slogan to think for yourself?

Big deal if its covered in red, does that mean people ever reside there? Is it farm land where 2 people live every 10 miles? It really means zero without knowing details about every square mile of the map and the populations there. Hence the comparison of colors on a map really mean nothing as well.

Use it where it works for you or dont. The hype is nothing more then that. And why wouldnt you sign up with their partner and then just get an iphone... If you really wanted one youd get one instead of just bash on ATT. There are ways even in partner areas.

This "everyone else" is also fallacy, 75% of the population, wher people actually live, lives in native ATT coverage. People more often then not CHOOSE to not get ATT where they cover, more so then people who live where ATT doesnt cover.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-14-10 at 06:03 PM.
    02-14-10 05:44 PM
    Verizon definetly has better 3G coverage which would suit our iPhones much better. But in DC my service is spectacular so no complaints here.
    02-14-10 05:46 PM
    I didn't say I have 3G everywhere. I said I have service everywhere. Not sure where you got your map, but here's the EDGE map from AT&T's website:
    02-14-10 05:50 PM
    I didn't say I have 3G everywhere. I said I have service everywhere. Not sure where you got your map, but here's the EDGE map from AT&T's website:
    Yeh im sure not sure where ATT data map came from but its obviously VERY old, and purposely trying to mislead people.

If you want the REAL truth use AT&T Coverage Viewer EDGE and 3G are much more extensive
    02-14-10 05:53 PM
    BB Tour and iPhone 3Gs. Both personal phones. Lame, I know, but I just couldn't chose.

Your not the only one, I have a 9700 and now an iphone 3GS. I love both phones. Each have there own unique qualities.

02-14-10 06:39 PM
154 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD