Went from an 8830 to an 8330 then left Sprint (for entirely unrelated reasons). Was going to go with Verizon for a Tour or Droid, but found myself continually comparing X feature to it's counterpart on the iphone. Finally I just went to the ATT store, got some quotes and info and literally just took a tour of the stores to play with each phone and finally landed on the Iphone 3GS as my choice. Can't complain though
    02-04-10 12:08 PM
    Just got myself and my wife our Iphones 3 days ago. I am in heaven. I have had all mac stuff at the house for nearly a year now, but have been using a BB for quite some time. I kept upgrading my BB each time a new "Iphone Killer" would come out, and while I wasnt unhappy with the BB, it was never really all I hoped for. Additionally, ATT service in our area is not as good as Verizon so I always justified sticking with the BB.

I got a wild hair the other day, bought two Iphones and opened an ATT account. My wife and I have been like little children on Xmas morning. We love our Iphones and cant put them down. All the apps are great and everything works so well though I wish my battery life was better. Apple really has it together. I cannot imagine not having my Iphone! My wife, who could really have cared less before her Iphone, absolutely loves her Iphone. I have noticed a couple dead spots with ATT that I didnt have before, but the flip side is I have good coverage in some areas where I was spotty before. I could not be happier! I wish I could also get my 9 year old and mother-in-law Iphones as well, but we were only allowed 2 for our household. I suppose I will have to open another separate account! The other thing that was a little annoying since I was impatiently waiting for my Iphone is that I was disappointed in the Bankers hours the ATT customer service keep....
    Last edited by posner; 02-04-10 at 01:04 PM. Reason: .
    02-04-10 01:01 PM
    Just got myself and my wife our Iphones 3 days ago. I am in heaven. I have had all mac stuff at the house for nearly a year now, but have been using a BB for quite some time. I kept upgrading my BB each time a new "Iphone Killer" would come out, and while I wasnt unhappy with the BB, it was never really all I hoped for. Additionally, ATT service in our area is not as good as Verizon so I always justified sticking with the BB.

I got a wild hair the other day, bought two Iphones and opened an ATT account. My wife and I have been like little children on Xmas morning. We love our Iphones and cant put them down. All the apps are great and everything works so well though I wish my battery life was better. Apple really has it together. I cannot imagine not having my Iphone! My wife, who could really have cared less before her Iphone, absolutely loves her Iphone. I have noticed a couple dead spots with ATT that I didnt have before, but the flip side is I have good coverage in some areas where I was spotty before. I could not be happier! I wish I could also get my 9 year old and mother-in-law Iphones as well, but we were only allowed 2 for our household. I suppose I will have to open another separate account! The other thing that was a little annoying since I was impatiently waiting for my Iphone is that I was disappointed in the Bankers hours the ATT customer service keep....
    Loved the Story congrats, im trying to convert my wife she is a Blackberry Devout like i once was but once i get her its over. See she is smart and wont pick up my iPhone because she knows she will be a goner. My house is Appled out as well my sons first computer will be a Tablet Some people are like thats a bit much but something so simple will be a great learning tool for him.
    02-04-10 01:14 PM
    I have a 3gs as well and i do switch to it when i get bored with the bberry. I mostly do all kinds of messaging. After a while the berry egdes out the iphone so i end switching back. I dont like how i have to unlock the iphone every single time to view a message or do anything...but that's just me.
    Last edited by dcgore; 02-04-10 at 01:29 PM.
    02-04-10 01:27 PM
    I have a 3gs as well and i do switch to it when i get bored with the bberry. I mostly do all kinds of messaging. After a while the berry egdes out the iphone so i end switching back. I dont like how i have to unlock the iphone every single time to view a message or do anything...but that's just me.
    You know you can take auto-lock off if you want to. Just go into your settings general then down to auto-lock and change it to never
    02-04-10 01:31 PM
    wow, i still have to upgrade to 3.1.3 so i'll try that when i do. I'll c how i feel about it. Thx!
    02-04-10 05:12 PM
    You know you can take auto-lock off if you want to. Just go into your settings general then down to auto-lock and change it to never
    I just tried it and the screen never goes "dark" if you will...so i have to lock the phone which defeats the purpose of not locking the device. So what i want is for the screen to go to auto-standyby but not lock.
    02-04-10 05:52 PM
    It won't go auto off when its set to never just hit the button to shut the screen off not a big deal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 07:09 PM
    i left my bold 9000 for an iphone. I use my phone for multimedia and web browsing and the iphone is killer in that department
    02-04-10 09:33 PM
    I am thinking of leaving my Tour 9630 on Verizon for the iPhone 3GS, 32GB. I love my Verizon service, am I am worried about ATT service in the areas I need my phone, school, work and so on. I have a 3G I am using as an iPod, and I love it, I would love to have it as a phone myself, but I still am attached to my Blackberry.
    02-05-10 12:41 AM
    i am proud to say i left the bb world for an iphone and I wont go back. Once you've had black you never go back, lol
    02-05-10 07:55 PM
    i am proud to say i left the bb world for an iphone and I wont go back. Once you've had black you never go back, lol
    Amen brother!
    02-05-10 08:05 PM
    Lol awesome for me it's once you go white

02-05-10 08:21 PM
    sold my barely used bold and got an iphone a couple weeks ago. best decision i made. blackberry needs more apps. my bold is up for sale now
    02-05-10 08:26 PM
    I have both the iPhone 3Gs 32gig and a BB Bold 9000. Both personal phones and love them both!! Just couldn�t make up my mind.
    02-05-10 10:24 PM
    have both the 9700 and iphone. when im bored with the 9700, i switch to the 3gs. May have to do it less frequently, the 3gs seems to have trouble holding a signal, which sucks big time. Battery is a big let down too.
    02-06-10 12:14 AM
    I also own a 9700 and a 3GS, but only because living without a blackberry after having one for about five months didn't bode well. I left Sprint and my Tour 9630 when my contract ended at the beginning of January as I had received an iPhone as a Christmas gift. Initially, I loved it. Jailbreaking it, getting the apps, surfing the web, the screen, etc. But then one week in, I longed for the functionality of a BB. Even though the iPhone did all these things wonderfully, and it was something I'd wanted since it's initial release, the RIM had won me over with its blackberries. Hating to sacrifice one for the other, I bought a 9700 at a retail price, after using the iPhone for two weeks. I've been told to give the 3GS more time, and I plan on it...but I don't think that will completely keep me away from my 9700.

02-06-10 01:43 AM
    Cant wait for this summer when the new iphone is released and my contract with tmobile is finally up. I love my 9700 but i know it doesnt compare to whatever apple has in store for us come june. Att/iphone 4.0 here i come..........
    02-06-10 09:20 AM
    Cant wait for this summer when the new iphone is released and my contract with tmobile is finally up. I love my 9700 but i know it doesnt compare to whatever apple has in store for us come june. Att/iphone 4.0 here i come..........
    Yeah, depending on the changes that are to come, I may cell the 3GS and use whatever I get from that for the new iPhone. Still going to have my 9700 though lol.

02-06-10 09:40 AM
    Well you can add me to this list...picked up a iphone and just holding it in your hand doesn't do it justice. The phone is years ahead of any BB in many ways absolutely the best phone I ever had. There is NO way I would go back to a BB after having this. Truly an awesome device.
    02-10-10 05:15 PM
    Glad I ditched the BB Curve and Storm almost a year ago (2 Storms actually). Now that the "storms" are over, I'm glad its sunny again--on the dark side. I love my iPhone. I never thought that I have been fooling myself using the BBs with geriatric UI, crappy, patch-filled OS, and non-stop battery pulls.
    02-10-10 05:33 PM
    I hope to be getting an iphone by the end of the month. I ant wait, I am thinking of getting the 16GB 3GS, I don't think 32GB will be worth it, not sure thou.
    02-10-10 05:43 PM
    Well you can add me to this list...picked up a iphone and just holding it in your hand doesn't do it justice. The phone is years ahead of any BB in many ways absolutely the best phone I ever had. There is NO way I would go back to a BB after having this. Truly an awesome device.
    Very Happy to here you love your iPhone. It's simplicity mixed with it's great design is hard not to love. As Steve Jobs says "it just works"

02-10-10 06:07 PM
    Very Happy to here you love your iPhone. It's simplicity mixed with it's great design is hard not to love. As Steve Jobs says "it just works"

I must admit I was one of the people hating on the iphone but once you buy one and start using it you actually fall in love with it. I've never been so gaga over a device
    02-10-10 07:39 PM
    I must admit I was one of the people hating on the iphone but once you buy one and start using it you actually fall in love with it. I've never been so gaga over a device
    Well in a forum like this I could understand why. This is a Blackberry users heaven. But there is no denying the innovative greatness housed in Apples iPhone. People can say what they want but 75 Million devices sold , speaks volumes. I'm sure somebwill say well devices sold doesn't necesarrily mean it's a good phone I beg to differ though being as were on our 4th iteration headed to 5 and the numbers continue to climb. Welcome to the team guys.

02-10-10 07:47 PM
154 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD