what makes the iphone sooooo much better? Iphone has apps but incredible has verizon network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 07:54 PM
    The network? Thats the best argument you can make about a device?

Before talking smack at least let the new iphone come out, you cant compare a 1 year old phone vs one on paper not even out yet. I have a feeling the new iphone will be VERY close in specs.

And specs are merely that. Look at the Nexus, it was supposed to be all that with its specs and failed in the real world with its laundry list of issues.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-14-10 at 08:04 PM.
    04-14-10 07:58 PM
    Is there something in the web all of a sudden.. or the air... one whiff of a vzw iphone getting started time and time again and all the fanboys starting coming out...

Last I check this was the iPhone forum of Crackberry.. constructive arguments are welcome I'm sure, but not this same old fanboy/noob crap every day... you don't see me up in the bb part being a flamer...
    04-14-10 08:05 PM
    The N1 is better than the 3GS but the 3GS is more popular. The 4G iPhone needs a bigger battery, faster processor, higher resolution and the Verizon network (just for the AT&T fangirls - lookin at you stuaw).

Anyway, I'd wait for the 4G iPhone before comparing it to the Incredible. The Incredible isn't even much better than the N1 or Droid, just has more memory really (which is irrelevant seeing as we can store apps on our Droids SD cards now ).

Android vs iPhone would be hard for me

I don't use many apps but I use the web browser a lot. Tough tough
    04-14-10 08:08 PM
    The N1 is better? After 3G connectivity problems for months, paint falling off, screen issues with the colors, etc.

Thats laughable, I get being anti-Apple but gimme a break. At least the 3GS didnt have a laundry list of issues out of the gate. Specs dont make a phone if its a piece of junk for $530
    04-14-10 08:32 PM
    The N1 is better? After 3G connectivity problems for months, paint falling off, screen issues with the colors, etc.

Thats laughable, I get being anti-Apple but gimme a break. At least the 3GS didnt have a laundry list of issues out of the gate. Specs dont make a phone if its a piece of junk for $530
    actually 3gs had a ton of problems when it released. Mainly battery problems (batteries barely lasting 3-4 hours), and a lot of people had dead pixels show up on the screen. Later batches of 3gs's were great though. I have one and ive probably never loved a phone more.
    04-14-10 08:37 PM

The majority of people aren't having those issues. My cousin has a N1 with no issues and it runs circles around my iPhone when it comes to speed (obviously) and has apps to SD card storage (Droid does too now).

And BTW, I'm not Anti-Apple (or Anti-AT&T). I'm just expressing my opinion. Like I said, when the new iPhone releases on Verizon I'm done with AT&T. I don't hate AT&T though if that's what you think.
    04-14-10 08:39 PM
    actually 3gs had a ton of problems when it released. Mainly battery problems (batteries barely lasting 3-4 hours), and a lot of people had dead pixels show up on the screen. Later batches of 3gs's were great though. I have one and ive probably never loved a phone more.
    Battery life on the 3GS is abysmal. I get like 6 hours tops if I wanna utilize the web browser or play games. Without doing those, I can get like 10-12 hours. Needs a bigger battery.
    04-14-10 08:40 PM
    It had a OS bug yes, but nothing that wasnt easily fixed quickly. Dead pixels are inherent on any LCD, Ive never heard of a mass problem on the 3GS.

I didnt mean to imply no one has a single 3GS problem, but the N1 had more problems across a vast number of users that they are major hardware issues.
    04-14-10 08:41 PM
    Battery life on the 3GS is abysmal. I get like 6 hours tops if I wanna utilize the web browser or play games. Without doing those, I can get like 10-12 hours. Needs a bigger battery.
    No denying it needs a bigger battery, Ive said it many times here, but 6 hours browsing isnt all that horrible. The think only has a 5-6 hour talktime so that sounds about right.

There arent a lot of powerful smartphones that do much better (android or webOS)
    04-14-10 08:44 PM
    It had a OS bug yes, but nothing that wasnt easily fixed quickly. Dead pixels are inherent on any LCD, Ive never heard of a mass problem on the 3GS.

I didnt mean to imply no one has a single 3GS problem, but the N1 had more problems across a vast number of users that they are major hardware issues.
    It was released in January. After a couple of months the kinks and issues get resolved. It's the same with any new device. There are thousands of people with N1s that don't have any issues.
    04-14-10 08:45 PM
    No denying it needs a bigger battery, Ive said it many times here, but 6 hours browsing isnt all that horrible. The think only has a 5-6 hour talktime so that sounds about right.

There arent a lot of powerful smartphones that do much better (android or webOS)
    I didn't mean I could browse for 6 hours. I meant that if I was browsing, it would drain the battery very fast. Browsing for 30 minutes drains my battery around 20-30%. On my Droid, it drains it around 10%. On my old 9700, it barely drained anything lol.
    04-14-10 08:47 PM
    The Droid has a 200mah larger battery (17% bigger). Its rated at 6.4 hours and the 3GS 5 hours. If you put an equal mah battery in each theyd probably last the same length (knock the 6.4 hours down by 17% its just a hair over 5 hours 15 min)

BB is a different story because the data is compressed using less battery, but you suffer with a poor experience (web especially)

Something is wrong with your phone then if its draining 25% avg in 30 min. Thats not normal. You should get approx the # of minutes of talktime in browsing- 300 min give or take, longer on WIFI. So 30 min should drain you 10, maybe 15 percent TOPS.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-14-10 at 08:54 PM.
    04-14-10 08:50 PM
    All I can say is "Oye"! The Incredible isn't even out & the OP is already thumbing his nose at Apple. Let's not forget that the Incredible, EVO, Droid, Eris, Storm, Storm 2 etc..., have all been created to counter the iPhone. I wonder what the smartphone market would be like if Apple never released the iPhone.

The Incredible, like the N1, is just another HTC phone with Android on it. The hardware specs are impressive & Google has done so much, in so little time, but it's no iPhone.
    04-14-10 08:54 PM
    Is there something in the web all of a sudden.. or the air... one whiff of a vzw iphone getting started time and time again and all the fanboys starting coming out...

Last I check this was the iPhone forum of Crackberry.. constructive arguments are welcome I'm sure, but not this same old fanboy/noob crap every day... you don't see me up in the bb part being a flamer...
    Agree its another stirring the pot post by VZW people, who seems to have invaded this subforum with one loose rumor of the iphone, just like every summer.

Its resorted now to bashing an iphone not released yet with another phone not released yet
    04-14-10 08:58 PM
    All I can say is "Oye"! The Incredible isn't even out & the OP is already thumbing his nose at Apple. Let's not forget that the Incredible, EVO, Droid, Eris, Storm, Storm 2 etc..., have all been created to counter the iPhone. I wonder what the smartphone market would be like if Apple never released the iPhone.

The Incredible, like the N1, is just another HTC phone with Android on it. The hardware specs are impressive & Google has done so much, in so little time, but it's no iPhone.

Thank you LOL
    04-14-10 08:58 PM
    The Droid has a 200mah larger battery (17% bigger). Its rated at 6.4 hours and the 3GS 5 hours. If you put an equal mah battery in each theyd probably last the same length (knock the 6.4 hours down by 17% its just a hair over 5 hours 15 min)

BB is a different story because the data is compressed using less battery, but you suffer with a poor experience (web especially)

Something is wrong with your phone then if its draining 25% avg in 30 min. Thats not normal. You should get approx the # of minutes of talktime in browsing- 300 min give or take, longer on WIFI. So 30 min should drain you 10, maybe 15 percent TOPS.
    Droid = 1400 mah battery
    iPhone 3GS = 1219 mah battery

Doesn't seem like too much but my Droid doesn't die on me during the day like my iPhone does. I usually have around 40-50% left on my Droid when I get home. I guess this might have to do with the task killer I have installed. IDK

And I don't believe those BS specs that company's put on their website.
    04-14-10 09:07 PM

And I wonder what the smartphone market would be like if the first ever touchscreen phone wasn't invented. There would be no iPhone without that, right? See, I can do it too.

I have an iPhone but people need to lighten up. Yes, it's the most popular touchscreen phone right now but that doesn't make every other phone second to it. I have a Droid and like it better than the iPhone. It's just as smooth, fast, and fun to use. And I get better battery life out of it.

The iPhone won't be killed because it's so easy to use and it's been marketed heavily.

And on a side note, I plan on getting a Verizon 4G iPhone to complement my Droid. Having the best of both worlds will be awesome.
    04-14-10 09:11 PM
    ... as if this ridiculous iPhone vs BB debate hasn't been beat to death enough
    04-14-10 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD