I'm jailbroken and push email used to work flawlessly. After I installed
    the new FB app yesterday the push notifications weren't working. I did many
    things from installing to re-installing, to re-booting and nothing. I then realized
    that my push for BeeJive doesn't work either. So basically I'm not getting push
    for email or any apps that use push eventhough my settings are set accordingly.

I installed the push toggle for sbsettings. I turned it off and then on. Now
    whenever I do that I get the "connect to iTunes for push notifications" popup
    when I open an app that uses push, such as FB. I connect to itunes, do my
    sync and still nothing. Any suggestions? I've been baffled with this and I'm
    also sure this is why my Yahoo push email hasn't worked right either.

Note I am jailbroken with blackra1n on 3.1.2 but from other forums I'm reading
    that peoples push is working just fine with it. Also remember that this has
    been going on for over a month and it took for me to test the updated FB app
    to realize that push notifications won't work on any apps that use including
    my Yahoo email.

Any thoughts or suggestions??
    01-07-10 01:11 PM
    Hmmm that is really strange. I talked to a buddy of mine who is a huge mac-head and always seems to know what he is talking about and what he told me is that it sounded like the JB may have messed with the push settings. His advice was to reset to factory settings and to see if that fixed the issue. He said that if that fixes it to try the JB again and retest to see if that was really the problem. Hope that helps I also did a google search with this thread as topic and found a bunch of articles so you may want to read through those.
    01-07-10 05:31 PM
    Yeah I was pretty much Google's best friend today. I was reading through a bunch
    of things and it does seem like the JB is what messes with the push settings. I
    think the reason that I didn't realize it before is because I was using a BB plan so
    since my mail wasn't pushing I figured because I wasn't on the proper plan.

But I've been on the proper plan for 2 weeks and the email issue is ongoing. So
    after installing the FB update yesterday and getting no push, that's when I decided
    to try push with my other apps such as BeeJive. No push either. So that explains
    my Yahoo push issue as well.

When you say reset to factory settings do you mean going through settings>general
    and resetting through there? Or do you mean actually restoring the phone all together?

Note: The sticky at the top of this forum with the push fix for jailbroken iPhones still
    works but the iphoneil push fix isn't available on Cydia anymore for some reason.
    01-07-10 05:41 PM
    Y

When you say reset to factory settings do you mean going through settings>general
    and resetting through there? Or do you mean actually restoring the phone all together?
    What my friend was talking about was doing a reset via itunes.
    01-07-10 05:55 PM
    Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I actually restored to factory settings on Sunday
    and jailbroke right after that. I only did it so I could remove the unlock that I had
    on the phone. But still the same thing...
    01-07-10 06:34 PM
    Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I actually restored to factory settings on Sunday
    and jailbroke right after that. I only did it so I could remove the unlock that I had
    on the phone. But still the same thing...
    I have the same problem, i updated fb yesterday, and now I can't get any messages with push from beejive, I don't exactly recall if beejive was functioning properly before that but now I don't get any message unless I open it. I went to the settings to check if everything was set right and it is, I also restore the phone to it's original firmware and still no push from beejive. Any ideas? By the way my iPhone is not jailbroken.
    Last edited by Vctorm1000; 01-07-10 at 09:13 PM.
    01-07-10 09:10 PM
    I have the same problem, i updated fb yesterday, and now I can't get any messages with push from beejive, I don't exactly recall if beejive was functioning properly before that but now I don't get any message unless I open it. I went to the settings to check if everything was set right and it is, I also restore the phone to it's original firmware and still no push from beejive. Any ideas? By the way my iPhone is not jailbroken.
    Well I know that at least one of the CB users made a thread about beejive having issues today. I am getting all of my push notifications and I have the newest version of the FB app.
    01-07-10 09:41 PM
    forever29, so you've done a restore as NEW, and you STILL don't have PUSH? That is weird...
    01-08-10 06:20 AM
    When I did the restore as new I really didn't test it because I didn't know the problem existed. So I jailbroke right away. I may just have to restore again.
    01-08-10 11:31 AM
    Okay well I'm going to restore to vanilla and use the phone like that for about a day and see how all my push settings function, including email. I'll keep you posted.
    01-08-10 04:17 PM
    Okay well I'm going to restore to vanilla and use the phone like that for about a day and see how all my push settings function, including email. I'll keep you posted.
    The FB push is still hit and miss for me. Sometimes I have to open the app to get my alerts.
    01-08-10 06:12 PM
    Well I've restored vanilla and push email isn't working still. I'm guessing that this is all just a lost cause.
    01-08-10 06:56 PM
    Isn't there an app called 'Traveler' that converts email to push?
    04-14-10 06:07 PM
    Have you tried restoring and jailbreaking with something other than Blackra1n? I personally have never been a big fan of blackra1n with all its issues. Its hit or miss with blackra1n either it works or it sucks. Try redsn0w 0.9.2 for your jailbreak and see if that fixes your push issues. i put a guide up for it here in the sticky's. I use it and my push works fine. Good Luck.
    04-14-10 07:18 PM
    I resolved the issue back in January lol

I restored as vanilla but instead of restoring with the backup, I restored without
    the backup. Then from there I just sync'd my contacts from Outlook and then
    jailbroke again. I was good to go from there.
    04-14-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD