Today I am buying either a Dell netbook from Bestbuy.com for approximately 349.99 + whatever wireless card is needed to run the internet. I am considering the 16GB Apple iPad as I have heard so much about it - but my fear is that my series-7 prep material (the primary reason I am picking one up today) will not play since the iPad is lacking the flash software. My prep material plays / streams on Adobe Shockwave Flash player if I remember correctly.

Does anyone know if this is possible to play on the iPad? Has anyone owned both the iPad and a netbook by chance?

Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 08:02 AM
    Today I am buying either a Dell netbook from Bestbuy.com for approximately 349.99 + whatever wireless card is needed to run the internet. I am considering the 16GB Apple iPad as I have heard so much about it - but my fear is that my series-7 prep material (the primary reason I am picking one up today) will not play since the iPad is lacking the flash software. My prep material plays / streams on Adobe Shockwave Flash player if I remember correctly.

Does anyone know if this is possible to play on the iPad? Has anyone owned both the iPad and a netbook by chance?

Thank you!

No I think it will not work. I would advise that you get a netbook. I have an iPad and I wouldn't advise it for people that need a device to actually do any type of school work or business work on just yet. I mean it has some capabilities in that area but right now it's really limited. IMO, it's best used for browsing the web, media, games and apps. In those areas, no netbook can touch it but if you need to do school work or stuff like that and run certain kinds of programs and software, I would advise getting a netbook.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-27-10 at 10:15 AM.
    04-26-10 08:42 AM
    Sounds to me like the netbook is what you need.

04-26-10 07:37 PM
    I agree- netbook. Make sure you get the fastest processor they have available. My netbook is hideously slow and I want to smash it with a hammer! (it's not a Dell, btw).

05-01-10 12:21 AM
    You can install BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the netbook, which you can use to tether for internet and manage your phone. because Blackberrys and iCrap do not mix.
    05-01-10 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD