I have a website based(i guess thats what you would call it) email address and I am not receiving all of my emails on my phone. Some come through OK and some not at all. There always are more in my mailbox on my computer that do not come to my phone. Does anyone have an idea why this might be??

Thanks so much!!!!
    Laurie
    07-17-09 09:58 PM
    you might try to delete the email addy on your iphone, then re-add it and see if that helps. besides that i'm not sure. unless maybe if you're using outlook, you dont have outlook set up to leave a copy of the message on the server. if thats the case, then if you iphone just happens to "beat" outlook to the message, it will get a copy. if outlook "beats" the iphone, then it's taking the message but not leaving a copy there for the iphone to retrieve.
    07-17-09 11:40 PM
    you might try to delete the email addy on your iphone, then re-add it and see if that helps. besides that i'm not sure. unless maybe if you're using outlook, you dont have outlook set up to leave a copy of the message on the server. if thats the case, then if you iphone just happens to "beat" outlook to the message, it will get a copy. if outlook "beats" the iphone, then it's taking the message but not leaving a copy there for the iphone to retrieve.
    Thanks so much for your reply, how do I set the phone up to leave a copy of the message on the server?? New to the Iphone so I appreciate all of your help!!!
    Laurie
    07-18-09 09:05 AM
    i dont beleive that you will be able to set this up within the phone, but in outlook. if you open outlook (i'm using 2007), click on tools, then acct settings. now click on the acct you want to check on and click the change button next to repair. on the internet email settings menu, click on the bottom right where it says more settings, now click on the advaced tab at the top. make sure under delivery near the bottom, that there is a check mark in the box labeled leave copy of message on the server.
    07-19-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD