my upgrade isnt available until oct 2011 due to the fact i just got my 3gs last week,i was wondering would i still be able to pre-order the 4g next week for full retail price?
    06-10-10 08:40 AM
    Yes you can. There's 3 pricing tiers.

The first is for the people who qualify for the full subsidized price of $199/299, kinda like as if you were a new customer.

The 2nd is for those that do not qualify for the above price, but still want the phone. In which case, it'll be $399/$499. This one is the early upgrade pricing, which carries the early upgrade fee of $18.

And of course the last (and stratospheric) tier pricing - the no commitment price of $599/$699.
    06-10-10 08:48 AM
    thank you so much for replying!
    06-10-10 09:04 AM
    Why not just take back the 3GS and pre-order the iPhone 4 for the full upgrade price?
    06-10-10 09:26 AM
    Return the 3GS and pre-order the other iPhone, I believe AT&T has a 30 day return policy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 09:59 AM
    i called apple about returning the 3gs since i ordered it online threw them and in order to do that at&t will have to cancel my contract which means i lose my number and i ported that # over from verizon when i switched to at&t so i really dont want to lose my number..i dont mind paying full price for the 4g since work will remberse me anyways i was just wondering if you think apple will give me a hard time...also,do you know if you can pre-order over the phone on the 15th or does it have to be online?
    06-10-10 01:56 PM
    i called apple about returning the 3gs since i ordered it online threw them and in order to do that at&t will have to cancel my contract which means i lose my number and i ported that # over from verizon when i switched to at&t so i really dont want to lose my number..i dont mind paying full price for the 4g since work will remberse me anyways i was just wondering if you think apple will give me a hard time...also,do you know if you can pre-order over the phone on the 15th or does it have to be online?
    Read the article that goes to think link.

AT&T extends olive branch to recent iPhone 3GS purchasers Boy Genius Report

Also, just get a cheap flip phone, even a prepaid one will do to put your SIM card in and send them back the iPhone. That way you still keep your phone line and number and you can send the phone back.

I would just pre-order online through Apple. Easiest way to go.
    06-10-10 02:04 PM

Also, just get a cheap flip phone, even a prepaid one will do to put your SIM card in and send them back the iPhone. That way you still keep your phone line and number and you can send the phone back.

If he purchased his 3GS through AT&T then that would be the best bet to simply take it to that AT&T store and exchange it. Also keep in mind if you preorder through AT&T that you will NOT be able to pick up your i4 until the 25th which is crazy
    06-10-10 02:14 PM
    If he purchased his 3GS through AT&T then that would be the best bet to simply take it to that AT&T store and exchange it. Also keep in mind if you preorder through AT&T that you will NOT be able to pick up your i4 until the 25th which is crazy
    Yeah but they said they ordered it online so you can't take it to the store. Have to mail it back.

And yeah, I'm pre-ordering through Apple. Not dealing with ATT on this.
    06-10-10 02:25 PM

I just went to the local store where I purchased my 3GS at and asked them about the above link. I bought on May 8, but because the 30 day return period had expired, they told me I needed to go to a corporate store and they would allow me to return the phone. Does anyone know if that is true??? I want to make sure that they allow me to upgrade...
    06-10-10 03:44 PM
    Where are the corporate store locations?
    06-10-10 04:02 PM
    Do a "find a store" search on AT&T's website. It will give you corporate store locations and will note the "authorized retailers" that are not corporate stores.
    06-10-10 04:14 PM
    I just went to the local store where I purchased my 3GS at and asked them about the above link. I bought on May 8, but because the 30 day return period had expired, they told me I needed to go to a corporate store and they would allow me to return the phone. Does anyone know if that is true??? I want to make sure that they allow me to upgrade...
    I would say call a corporate store to find out.
    06-10-10 04:15 PM
    Do a "find a store" search on AT&T's website. It will give you corporate store locations and will note the "authorized retailers" that are not corporate stores.
    Thankie!!!
    06-10-10 04:23 PM
    For anyone interested....

I just got back from the corporate store. They told me that because I got my 3GS after May 7th, I get to keep it until I get the new iphone. Basically, I go back to the original local store that I bought the phone from to pre-order the new one on the 15th. Then on the 24th, I exchange my 3GS for the iphone 4. Seems like a good deal to me!!!
    06-10-10 10:29 PM
    my upgrade isnt available until oct 2011 due to the fact i just got my 3gs last week,i was wondering would i still be able to pre-order the 4g next week for full retail price?
    I did my regular upgrade to the 3Gs last month, 5/11. This was my first iPhone and I wanted to test it out and see if I liked it. Well I was very impressed. I only intended to keep it until the WWDC and find out the release date of the iPhone 4. When they annouced the dates, I returned my 3Gs to the ATT store on 6/8 and cancelled my upgrade. I told the store manager that I wanted the iPhone 4. No problem. He just charged me a 10% re-stocking fee and told me to be sure to come in on 6/15 to pre-order. He's even going to let me keep my unlimited data plan

So if you just got your iPhone last week, you have 30 days to change your mind. They should have told you this.
    06-11-10 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD