lol. So much for "Revolutionary" haha

Nokia sues Apple, says iPhone infringes ten patents
    10-23-09 11:44 AM
    I guess you overlooked this..... RIM has been sued several times. It's almost a normality. Not sure what the point of your post was.

RIM BlackBerry sued for patent infringement Phone Reviews

RIM sued over Blackberry patents again

Settlement reached in BlackBerry patent case - BlackBerry Battle- msnbc.com
    10-23-09 01:41 PM
    my point to this post was that Apple's "REVOLUTIONARY" technology that they claim they created with the Iphone...was in fact not revolutionary and was in fact not even their technology.

I've never heard RIM stating that they have revolutionized the world with their phone technology. that is my point...

I just thought it was comical.
    10-23-09 02:15 PM
    my point to this post was that Apple's "REVOLUTIONARY" technology that they claim they created with the Iphone...was in fact not revolutionary and was in fact not even their technology.

I've never heard RIM stating that they have revolutionized the world with their phone technology. that is my point...

I just thought it was comical.
    Ok did Apple lose the lawsuit yet? Someone can sue you and lose. So just because someone is suing them doesn't mean they are right. My point was showing that in a couple cases where RIM was sued, the company bring the lawsuit didn't win. A couple/person might think they have a case about you, but until you lose then it means nothing. It's like calling someone guilty even when the verdict isn't in. When did they say they revolutionized technology? They say they revolutionized the smartphone industry.... 2 different things. So I guess if there's no real case against them then it's not as "comical" as you think.

A RIM did believe they revolutionized business communications. Which is why they were being sued. Duh. But obviously they wasn't huh?

The point is that whether it's RIM, Apple, Microsoft or whoever........ something can be revolutionized without being new. When you combine a bunch of great things together that have never been done before then you have become revolutionary. This is what makes Blackberry and Apple so great. They took existing technologies and used them in a way that's never been done. So IMO both are revolutionary.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 10-23-09 at 03:00 PM.
    10-23-09 02:53 PM
    i read that little blob of crap on the link you posted. please inform me how WIFI is a copyright infringment? you cant copy right the friggin internet. plus if any of this was true it would be in the news and newpaper on on some dumbasses web blog go back to the blackberry forums and leave the iphone forum alone thank you have a good day
    10-23-09 05:19 PM
    They're not suing about wifi in itself.

Also wifi isn't the internet, it's a communication type.
    10-23-09 05:22 PM
    And it says 40 mobile phone manufacturer in the market agreed to the license terms and Apple didnt. Its Nokia being sue-happy pretending they invented everything mobile and control it all.

How EXACTLY does this even IMPLY its not a revolutionary device? Its a license issue, it has nothing to do with anything else. What if its over a bluetooth profile or a wifi setting license that even your precious BB uses (more then likely it falls in the 40 manufacturers)? You have NO clue what the dispute is even over, yet make all kinds of baseless assumptions.

You clearly have ZERO understanding of how patents and copyrights even work at the most basic level. So again, how EXACTLY again does that influence the iphone not being revolutionary OS? Exactly: FAIL.

Just another BB fanboy trying to bash the iphone since RIM is the LEAST revolutionary out of them all. The iphone success jealousy is high.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 10-23-09 at 08:21 PM.
    10-23-09 08:10 PM
    all of you guys arguing about this are idiots!
    10-24-09 06:49 PM
    Apple put the smartphone market back on track with the iPhone.. RIM and all the others didn't nearly do as much. 3.2 MILLION iPhones (ONE device, not the 20 RIM has..wow) sold in the last quarter.

Apple didn't REVOLUTIONIZE the smartphone they REVOLUTIONIZED the industry!
    10-26-09 09:52 AM
    Patents are very subjective...

Precentral.net put together a very interesting article displaying the intermingling patents that are on the Pre, and the iPhone.

Making the slightest of changes will negate a lawsuit.
    10-26-09 12:52 PM
    just found this out today, what people are seeing though this nokia one actually will and can go somewhere against the iphone as they never paid to use the technology nokia offered
    10-26-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD