according to apple.com there are suppose to be mms buttons and features on the iphone after you do the current 3.1 update. i did the update but nothing. this happen to anyone else?
    09-09-09 07:48 PM
    I thought it just worked in the messages icon just like apples walkthrough shows
    09-09-09 08:40 PM
    Apple - iPhone - Send SMS and MMS text messages on iPhone.

everything here says use messages icon...where did you see to use the mms icon?
    09-09-09 08:41 PM
    mms isnt availible yet either btw
    09-09-09 08:47 PM
    i dont mean mms icon i mean the little camera pic button thing next to the line where your type. probably called the message icon. it is not there
    09-09-09 08:50 PM
    oh i see....either way...no mms until sept 25
    09-09-09 08:52 PM
    so i take it there will be another update probably a 3.1.1 on that date that will install that part of the system
    09-09-09 08:59 PM
    probably....i still dont trust att
    09-09-09 09:09 PM
    probably....i still dont trust att
    Is that why you're eying the Storm 2?
    09-10-09 12:14 AM
    you have to enter APN settings in the MMS apn part under settings. .
    Then reboot and it'll be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 01:24 AM
    Is that why you're eying the Storm 2?
    could be
    09-10-09 08:06 AM
    you have to enter APN settings in the MMS apn part under settings. .
    Then reboot and it'll be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

where do you do that?
    09-10-09 05:39 PM
    where do you do that?
    I'd like to know that too.
    09-10-09 06:38 PM
    google it...you have to make some changes in itunes
    09-10-09 06:53 PM
    i googled it and still cant figure it out
    09-10-09 07:06 PM
    google it...you have to make some changes in itunes
    Not to sound like an ingrate but when people ask for help on a forum it's kinda of bad when u tell someone to google it. You could just say u don't know or not reply or even re-direct someone to another thread. I googled it nothing came up.
    09-10-09 08:24 PM
    Not to sound like an ingrate but when people ask for help on a forum it's kinda of bad when u tell someone to google it. You could just say u don't know or not reply or even re-direct someone to another thread. I googled it nothing came up.
    well said i agree
    09-10-09 08:31 PM
    I've had it already, but here is a guide that a lot have been using and working.

As it states, I do have MMS up and running smoothly on my AT&T iphone 3gs with 3.0.1. I do have some concerns, but first let me let you know what I did.

I followed the instructions exactly on this site:

Hack to Enable MMS on iPhone OS 3.0 - iPhone Hacks

I already have the $30 unlimited family texting plan, so I was able to skip some steps. I updated to the modified ipcc (AT&T Carrier 5.0) and then I swapped my sim with an older phone as it states to do as well. After all that, i rebooted my iphone (with the sim card inserted back) and it worked like a charm... The Cellular Data Network settings appeared, Tethering option appeared, picture icon in text messages appeared, and the ability to MMS from the photo library was there! Awesome, huh?! I was juiced... and sending and recieving worked perfectly... only for a day though.

When it stopped working all I did was change the MMS Settings in the Cellular Data Network settings under Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network:

APN: wap.cingular
    User: [email protected]
    Pw: CINGULAR1
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 66.209.11.32

leave one's not listed blank!

got this from: help.BenM.at

Then from then on, it has been working with no problems at all. No problems with Visual Voicemail or anything.

*** Update! ***

*Be sure to turn off your iPhone after you update to the 5.0 carrier file, then do a sim swap, then put it back in the iPhone, and now you can turn the iPhone back on again...

* Seems like successful iPhones have been on non iphone text messaging plans. For example, family unlimited messaging plan (which I'm on).

* I do have mentioned here that I changed my MMS settings under Cellular Data Network, but when I took off MMS and later put it back on, I did not need to adjust anything. I left it as is and it has been solidly working for weeks.
    09-10-09 11:42 PM
    the only problem with that is how do i get into the cellular data network? my phone doesnt have that option.
    09-10-09 11:50 PM
    the only problem with that is how do i get into the cellular data network? my phone doesnt have that option.
    You did not follow the instructs... it appears once everything is followed step by step.
    09-10-09 11:54 PM
    here is the problem, i want to be able to do this with out having to hack my phone. i like it the way it is. if i have to wait until the end of the month then that is fine but if you look on the apple.com it shows that the functions should be there after the 3.1 update. i dont want to hack, jailbreak, or anything like that
    09-11-09 06:52 AM
    I just reinstalled the 5.0 carrier file again and now have the ability to MMS. Have sent about 6 so far and they have all gone through. Hopefully this lasts.
    09-11-09 01:46 PM
    I just reinstalled the 5.0 carrier file again and now have the ability to MMS. Have sent about 6 so far and they have all gone through. Hopefully this lasts.
    How did you do that?
    09-12-09 04:26 PM
    How did you do that?
    Follow the guide on this website, the file download is available there too.
    How To Upgrade ipcc to IPhone :Random Critic
    09-12-09 04:35 PM
    will it work with itunes 9.0 though
    09-12-09 05:11 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD