Pretty impressed. 7hr 34 min worth of usage on a full charge. Tons of browsing on 3G and wifi, 45 min talktime, 40 min streaming bluetooth audio, tons of texts, 15 min of YouTube and about 20 emails. Yes, email push is off and set at 30 min. Overall very good life. Didn't get that close with my Torch.
    09-23-10 03:12 PM
    I wrote about the i4 having better battery life than the 9800 and a half dozen people wouldn't believe it and demanded proof. I showed graphs from Anandtech and anecdotal evidence from a moderator and a iPhone hater and people still didn't believe me. Go figure.
    09-23-10 04:33 PM
    I believe it. The best battery life Ive ever experienced was my 9700, and Im telling you, this i4 is not too far behind.
    09-23-10 05:03 PM
    pils, I agree and I'd like to add that for STRAIGHT TALK, let's be clear here-- straight all day talk-- it beats my 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 02:57 AM
    I wrote about the i4 having better battery life than the 9800 and a half dozen people wouldn't believe it and demanded proof. I showed graphs from Anandtech and anecdotal evidence from a moderator and a iPhone hater and people still didn't believe me. Go figure.
    well, you should have posted this picture instead.
    that's one **** of a battery.
    09-24-10 12:23 PM
    Not trying to be contrary, but 7 hours doesn't seem to good battery life. I have done all of those things and then some and have gone 14 hours with just under 50 percent battery left with my Bold. Now out of the touchscreen devices, the iPhone seems to be the best on battery life. But I don't see it measuring up with a traditional BlackBerry.

09-24-10 12:54 PM
    For a touch screen with crazy resolution and a fast processor, yes it is great. I had about 26 hrs worth of standby also. As of right now I have 8 hrs worth of standby and 3 hrs usage and battery is 78 %. so yes I do think the battery is good on the iPhone.

09-24-10 02:29 PM
    pils, I agree and I'd like to add that for STRAIGHT TALK, let's be clear here-- straight all day talk-- it beats my 9700.

Good point. I run a CNC milling machine all day and some of the cycles are long, resulting in 10 minutes of "down" time for me 3 or 4 times an hour, so Im either gaming or surfing. That's 8 hrs continous gaming and at the end of that time I still have 40-50% left, pretty darn good if you ask me, especially for a screen this size and the processor.
    09-24-10 05:07 PM
    I love the battery life on my iPhone. After hearing that it was terrible, and seeing how horrible my husband's battery is on his android phone, I was prepared for the worst. I was happily surprised when I realized I could get a full day's use (8 a.m. to midnightish) out of my phone before plugging it in while I sleep. And even then it will have 50-30% battery left. I am not a "power user" but I do use it for internet browsing and texting all day at work and then at home I use if for browsing, playing music, making calls, texting...I certainly give it a workout and it's holding up great so far
    09-24-10 05:18 PM
    Not trying to be contrary, but 7 hours doesn't seem to good battery life. I have done all of those things and then some and have gone 14 hours with just under 50 percent battery left with my Bold. Now out of the touchscreen devices, the iPhone seems to be the best on battery life. But I don't see it measuring up with a traditional BlackBerry.

That's 7 hours of usage, not including standby time. Here is mine...

09-24-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD