Twins -- will most LTE devices be 1X/LTE or will most be 1XEV/LTE? Or will it be mixed?
    Initially, they should all be 1XEV/LTE, to give customers seamless data use. Eventually, we will see 1X/LTE, but that will be when LTE has covered the entire 1XEV footprint & 1XEV is being decommissioned.

And many carriers will have the Droid, as T-Mobile has Android devices now.
    For clarification, other carriers may have Android phones. "Droid" is a name licensed exclusively by VZW for use on a lineup of devices. There will be no "Droid" phones on any carrier other than VZW, just like there are no enV phones on AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 08:32 AM
    Initially, they should all be 1XEV/LTE, to give customers seamless data use. Eventually, we will see 1X/LTE, but that will be when LTE has covered the entire 1XEV footprint & 1XEV is being decommissioned...snip
    I hope I'm not in a wheelchair when this happens.
    10-26-09 09:07 AM
    What's wrong with choice? And many carriers will have the Droid, as T-Mobile has Android devices now. Who knows how long Storm stays VZW-exclusive. Do other carriers want it anyway?

The question is, if iPhone comes to VZW, will it only come to VZW or be opened up to lots of carriers? Then really the only exclusive VZW would have is the Storm -- and many people might say, who cares.

I do, I like my Storm, especially now with 5.0
    The draw to Verizon has never been exclusive devices, its the network.

10-26-09 01:52 PM
    Um, no they haven't. The Droid name is registered to VZW, not Moto. The site is owned by VZW, not Moto. The advertising agency represents VZW, not Moto. VZW signed off on the campaign, not Moto.

It is 100% VZW & 0% Moto.

Regardless, VZW could say the iPhone is the biggest piece of crap recently released (in reality, that is BlackBerry) out there & that still wouldn't keep Apple from wanting their device on VZW, especially with 88 million customers & LTE on the way.
    I have to go with Twin on this. As hard as it is to believe that the iphone will
    come to VZW it does make sense. Also with the onslaught of all the
    android devices on all these different carriers it does make sense to
    change or get left behind.
    10-26-09 02:09 PM
    I hope I'm not in a wheelchair when this happens.
    Changes are afoot, with a run of rapid transformation over the next few months & especially over the next year.

So unless you're as ancient as I am, no canes & wheelchairs for you. Hopefully, not for me, either.

10-26-09 02:13 PM

Doesn't matter, though - CDMA iPhones are in existence. Now. You can't have one. Yet.
    And that one went right over many peoples' heads......

Verizon is in fact going to be placing a lot more emphasis on devices going forward. Good times ahead.
    10-26-09 02:15 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD