Of course.. it is coming from a VZW representative...

I was on the phone with VZW support to talk about some billing issues. Before I got off the phone, I talked to my rep about trying to get my upgrade early for the Storm2. He first told me to consider upgrading to the new Storm OS first because he heard it was great (and the leak i have has brought new life to it for sure) and to hold out until early next year because there will be so many more great phone options. He first told me to wait for the BlackBerry Magnum (touch screen bb with qwerty), which is what he was waiting for. Then he said LTE should be out next year and that the iPhone exclusivity by AT&T is running out soon and to expect the new phones including iPhone with LTE support to be available on VZW. We also talked about the Droid and types of different form factors, nice rep he was.

Anway, he seemed very knowledgable and knew that I too knew my stuff.

I still plan on getting my Storm2, and will probably get the Storm3 or whatever fullscreen qwerty blackberry RIM may have avail come this time next year.
    10-25-09 07:56 PM
    Of course.. it is coming from a VZW representative...

I was on the phone with VZW support to talk about some billing issues. Before I got off the phone, I talked to my rep about trying to get my upgrade early for the Storm2. He first told me to consider upgrading to the new Storm OS first because he heard it was great (and the leak i have has brought new life to it for sure) and to hold out until early next year because there will be so many more great phone options. He first told me to wait for the BlackBerry Magnum (touch screen bb with qwerty), which is what he was waiting for. Then he said LTE should be out next year and that the iPhone exclusivity by AT&T is running out soon and to expect the new phones including iPhone with LTE support to be available on VZW. We also talked about the Droid and types of different form factors, nice rep he was.

Anway, he seemed very knowledgable and knew that I too knew my stuff.

I still plan on getting my Storm2, and will probably get the Storm3 or whatever fullscreen qwerty blackberry RIM may have avail come this time next year.
    Then what happened?
    10-25-09 07:57 PM
    As far as being able to upgrade early (a month early), he told me to wait until 11/25 to see about getting early upgrade. I'm going to try again come Wednesday from my B2B rep.
    10-25-09 08:02 PM
    And then the story gets good. Cause NO rep would have this detailed knowlege of up coming devices.
    10-25-09 08:03 PM
    Seeing how vzw has been trashing the iDevice with it's commercials, i highly doubt your story
    10-25-09 08:10 PM
    Seeing how vzw has been trashing the iDevice with it's commercials, i highly doubt your story
    If you believe the rumors...some sources have already said VZW is backtracking by stating that the advertising is Motorola's not theirs.
    10-25-09 08:12 PM
    yay.. a storm with a keypad.. im all for it...
    10-25-09 08:22 PM
    If you believe the rumors...some sources have already said VZW is backtracking by stating that the advertising is Motorola's not theirs.
    Um, no they haven't. The Droid name is registered to VZW, not Moto. The site is owned by VZW, not Moto. The advertising agency represents VZW, not Moto. VZW signed off on the campaign, not Moto.

It is 100% VZW & 0% Moto.

Regardless, VZW could say the iPhone is the biggest piece of crap recently released (in reality, that is BlackBerry) out there & that still wouldn't keep Apple from wanting their device on VZW, especially with 88 million customers & LTE on the way.
    10-25-09 08:28 PM
    Um, no they haven't. The Droid name is registered to VZW, not Moto. The site is owned by VZW, not Moto. The advertising agency represents VZW, not Moto. VZW signed off on the campaign, not Moto.

Regardless, VZW could say the iPhone is the biggest piece of crap recently released (in reality, that is BlackBerry) out there & that still wouldn't keep Apple from wanting their device on VZW, especially with 88 million customers & LTE on the way.
    Well said, and on top of that, 99.9% of the reps dont even know a phone that is coming out tomorrow or came out today, let alone a phone that is in the works or talks of being released. With Verizon reps, take what you hear with a grain of salt..dont get too excited.
    10-25-09 08:30 PM

Not saying I said it man, just what I've read. The whole store about Lowell hitting up the Apple Campus the same trip closing the Google deal.
    10-25-09 08:33 PM
    There's a sucker born every minute.
    10-25-09 08:34 PM
    Not saying I said it man, just what I've read. The whole store about Lowell hitting up the Apple Campus the same trip closing the Google deal.
    Oh I know - just putting up the reasons I don't believe the rumors.

Between Android, iPhone & the new WM7, BlackBerry doesn't stand a chance.
    10-25-09 08:35 PM
    Oh I know - just putting up the reasons I don't believe the rumors.

Between Android, iPhone & the new WM7, BlackBerry doesn't stand a chance.
    Unless there is 6 or some SERIOUS revisions to 5 OS soon I hate to say, but agreed. However, if I could get an Imagio screen onto a blackberry I'd be in love, that thing is gorgeous.
    10-25-09 08:38 PM
    Oh sorry I just posted I had to catch my breath and get up off the floor from laughing so hard...
    Ahem... That rep aught to go into politics for all the crap that spewed out his mouth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 09:09 PM
    There is some truth to those claims though.

Verizon was approached first about the iPhone but since Apple and Verizon couldn't agree on a deal regarding data usages and downloads from the App Store, Verizon is kicking themselves pretty hard right now. And the AT&T/Aple exclusivity contract is running out and Apple doesn't plan on renewing it although AT&T wants too. If Verizon doesn't say okay to the iPhone this time around then yeah they're idiots.

But Verizon isn't going to see an iPhone until they switch over to LTE, since Apple would have to build an all new iPhone for CDMA technology. It'd be pointless to build a CDMA iPhone with the company switching to LTE.

But the question for me (and probably a lot of us) is, iPhone or Blackberry Storm? While the iPhone is a good phone it doesn't run multiple applications at once or if is does, not well. I've played with all the iPhone versions and I hate the fact that it's got that one button that returns you to the home screen for you have to switch apps. I love my Storm and may upgrade to the Storm2 when I can. But I think the Storm and RIM got unfairly bashed when the first Storm was their frist touch screen phone. I like how I can just hold that Blackberry button and switch to a different app that I've got running.

The only appealing thing to be about the iPhone is that since I have a Mac and I buy my music from iTunes and iTunes music is 99.9% of the time protected, I can easily put my music from iTunes on it. Instead of having to burn the music onto a CD and then reimporting it to put onto my Storm, if someone knows of an easier way to put protected iTunes music onto the Storm tell me and I'll stay with the Storm.
    10-25-09 09:11 PM
    However, if I could get an Imagio screen onto a blackberry I'd be in love, that thing is gorgeous.
    It is pretty, isn't it? You should see the HD - enough to make you wet your pants.

Verizon was approached first about the iPhone but since Apple and Verizon couldn't agree on a deal regarding data usages and downloads from the App Store, Verizon is kicking themselves pretty hard right now. And the AT&T/Aple exclusivity contract is running out and Apple doesn't plan on renewing it although AT&T wants too. If Verizon doesn't say okay to the iPhone this time around then yeah they're idiots.

But Verizon isn't going to see an iPhone until they switch over to LTE, since Apple would have to build an all new iPhone for CDMA technology. It'd be pointless to build a CDMA iPhone with the company switching to LTE.
    Nope - without CDMA, it cannot be on the VZW network for many years. The VZW voice standard will remain CDMA for a minimum of 10 years - and probably longer. Any of the LTE devices will have to be duals - CDMA & LTE both.

Doesn't matter, though - CDMA iPhones are in existence. Now. You can't have one. Yet.
    10-25-09 09:26 PM
    I'm not sure why people think Verizon is kicking themselves for not taking the iPhone. Verizon still has the highest customer loyalty, the biggest customer base and higher net revenue per customer. There was a study that says it takes 17 months for the average iPhone user on at&t to break even profit wise. 17! That's if they don't have an annual upgrade, have minimal cs/tech calls etc... Verizon is doing fine. If steve jobs wants to tap in to this market he will but verizon won't bend over to do that.

10-25-09 09:27 PM
    I'm not sure why people think Verizon is kicking themselves for not taking the iPhone. Verizon still has the highest customer loyalty, the biggest customer base and higher net revenue per customer. There was a study that says it takes 17 months for the average iPhone user on at&t to break even profit wise. 17! That's if they don't have an annual upgrade, have minimal cs/tech calls etc... Verizon is doing fine. If steve jobs wants to tap in to this market he will but verizon won't bend over to do that.
    It is wishful thinking by people who don't understand what they think they do.
    10-25-09 09:41 PM
    How can they make that claim when it is on the verizon website? They can't. Droid from Verizon Wireless

However it is rumored that there is an iPhone 4g LTE in the wild in testing with Verizon. Rumored, mind you.
    10-26-09 06:53 AM
    Nope - without CDMA, it cannot be on the VZW network for many years. The VZW voice standard will remain CDMA for a minimum of 10 years - and probably longer. Any of the LTE devices will have to be duals - CDMA & LTE both.
    Twins -- will most LTE devices be 1X/LTE or will most be 1XEV/LTE? Or will it be mixed?
    10-26-09 07:06 AM

But the question for me (and probably a lot of us) is, iPhone or Blackberry Storm? While the iPhone is a good phone it doesn't run multiple applications at once or if is does, not well. I've played with all the iPhone versions and I hate the fact that it's got that one button that returns you to the home screen for you have to switch apps. I love my Storm and may upgrade to the Storm2 when I can. But I think the Storm and RIM got unfairly bashed when the first Storm was their frist touch screen phone. I like how I can just hold that Blackberry button and switch to a different app that I've got running.

The only appealing thing to be about the iPhone is that since I have a Mac and I buy my music from iTunes and iTunes music is 99.9% of the time protected, I can easily put my music from iTunes on it. Instead of having to burn the music onto a CD and then reimporting it to put onto my Storm, if someone knows of an easier way to put protected iTunes music onto the Storm tell me and I'll stay with the Storm.
    Buying protected music is archaic. Try buying music from a source that has joined the 21st century.

10-26-09 07:11 AM
    Buying protected music is archaic. Try buying music from a source that has joined the 21st century.

Yeah or just steal it like the rest of the world.
    10-26-09 07:29 AM
    I find it hard to believe Verizon will have the Droid, Iphone and the Storm. It just seems like a bit much for one carrier.
    10-26-09 07:44 AM
    Yeah or just steal it like the rest of the world.
    Orrrrrr spend a buck on DRM-free music
    10-26-09 07:49 AM
    I find it hard to believe Verizon will have the Droid, Iphone and the Storm. It just seems like a bit much for one carrier.
    What's wrong with choice? And many carriers will have the Droid, as T-Mobile has Android devices now. Who knows how long Storm stays VZW-exclusive. Do other carriers want it anyway?

The question is, if iPhone comes to VZW, will it only come to VZW or be opened up to lots of carriers? Then really the only exclusive VZW would have is the Storm -- and many people might say, who cares.

I do, I like my Storm, especially now with 5.0
    10-26-09 07:51 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD