People. I'm a long time BB user. I also owned a 3G and now alternate between a 9700 and a 3GS.
    I frequent a couple of forums and enjoy picking up phone tips, getting heads-ups on upcoming units, and I love the way some members go at each other (hopefully in good fun).
    After reading Crackberry on and off for 2 years-- I decided to register this morning. Why? I gotta say--
    The iphone 4 for sure is a really cool piece of technology. No one can deny that. So is every Blackberry and so are phones in general. No one here is qualified to call a gadget that comes from a multi-billion dollar organization "crappy" or "bad" or "$hitty" or whatever else people call various phones they don't like.
    That being said however. I think Apple has handled this Fiasco exactly like that-- a FIASCO. How dumb do they think their customers are?? I've never heard such nonsense in my life. Jobs is acting like some Quicky-Mart owner who doesn't want to refund a quart of rotten milk. Disgusting!! For Shame!!

I still think the phone is cool so don't go trashing me friends. But FIX the damn thing and stop being petty and classless. And stop treating your customers like morons cause they made you and they'll BREAK you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mzsar; 07-16-10 at 07:42 AM.
    07-16-10 07:40 AM
    I think Jobs is full of BS too. And I also think the iphone is great even though I razz all these people here. But this new iphone situation proves what a$$es they are.

07-16-10 10:36 PM
    Uh, what? Last time I checked, he fully acknowledged the issue, is offering a fix for free, and for unsatisfied customers a full refund. I don't see any other smartphone company *cough RIM cough* doing that when they release a not-so-ready phone *cough Tour cough*.

07-19-10 05:07 PM
    That being said however. I think Apple has handled this Fiasco exactly like that-- a FIASCO. How dumb do they think their customers are?? I've never heard such nonsense in my life. Jobs is acting like some Quicky-Mart owner who doesn't want to refund a quart of rotten milk. Disgusting!! For Shame!!
    One of the problems with expecting Jobs to be humble and apologetic is that, well, it's just not in him. The skill set of being a leader and being humble don't really go together. Basically, you really have to be single minded, and disregard anything you consider to be superfluous. Jobs is like that. He doesn't see an issue, and he can't for the life of him see why others don't see it the way he does. That kind of purposefulness can lead to great things, but it doesn't necessarily lead to being a great person.

I haven't seen any videos of the press conference last Friday, but reports pretty much say the guy was gritting his teeth the whole way. I can believe that.

Whatever. I don't buy products because I like the CEO, I buy 'em because I like the product.
    07-19-10 05:31 PM
    OP posted before news conference.

Even then, I'm not sure Jobs was as classy as he could have been. Dragging the others into the mud was a mistake.
    07-19-10 05:36 PM
    OP posted before news conference.

Even then, I'm not sure Jobs was as classy as he could have been. Dragging the others into the mud was a mistake.
    How has it been a mistake? The position at Apple is all phones have some sort of cellular degredation. The latest iPhone has a flaw that accentuates what people perceive as loss of signal which is leading to dropped calls or poor call quality. That simply is not the case. Apple has stated their facts of the iP4 having barely more than 1 per 100 calls dropped when compared to the 3Gs. Many users report having no issue at all, which by the way, can be said about all electronic devices. (People having issues and non issues)

My opinion is that they did a good PR move by showing other devices having similar signal drop. That move right there makes the iP4 seem like any other device, and it helped get them off of the front page of many news sites. Last I checked I have to search pretty hard to find info about Apple now.
    07-19-10 06:06 PM
    A bumper is a bandage my friends. The problem remains. I'm personally gonna pick one up (ip4) when available in Canada but that's just cause I can't resist a gadget. I've had every one of the apple phones. I just prefer my BBs usually. Doesn't mean I don't respect the technology of the apple.
    I'm actually hoping they operate on the insides of the unit to fix the prob before it launches here.

07-19-10 06:54 PM
    How has it been a mistake?
    I agree that there is benefit in educating the world that all phones suffer issues, but "everyone does it" isn't a valid defense.

I also believe it was not the best idea for Jobs to make that claim; feed it out through some other avenue but having Jobs stand there bringing down the competition just wasn't classy. Kind of like Burger King and McDonalds advertising years ago; McD blew their own horn of how great their stuff was; BK focused on how they compared to McD. Classy is marketing yourself; not so classy is dragging down the competition.

Anyway, you are welcome to your opinion. I am merely explaining my point of view; if you wish to have a different opinion that's just fine.

In the interest of disclosure; I switched from the Blackberry world to a used iphone 3GS in June. I'm considering buying an iphone 4 and have been waiting until I could see a white version in person before deciding. Since I'm generally in strong signal areas (or thought I was before the iOS 4.0.1 update ) I'm not that concerned -- but since I'm not in a hurry I can wait and see how this plays out.
    07-19-10 10:37 PM
    I have been a loyal RIM user since '05, having almost every GSM model made, the latest being 8900, 9000, and 9700. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about the three devices I just mentioned. All rock solid, well performing devices. That being said, I wanted to change, and I opted for the i4. I'm really enjoying this device. The processor is lightning fast, the screen size and resolution is the best in the business, the 5mp auto focus camera is very clear and crisp, and this thing even takes video in HD. Couple these things with a wide selection of apps, and probably the best UI in the industry have made this an enjoyable experience for me.
    07-20-10 05:28 PM
    I have been a loyal RIM user since '05, having almost every GSM model made, the latest being 8900, 9000, and 9700. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about the three devices I just mentioned. All rock solid, well performing devices. That being said, I wanted to change, and I opted for the i4. I'm really enjoying this device. The processor is lightning fast, the screen size and resolution is the best in the business, the 5mp auto focus camera is very clear and crisp, and this thing even takes video in HD. Couple these things with a wide selection of apps, and probably the best UI in the industry have made this an enjoyable experience for me.
    Wow. Said better than anyone else here. Makes me wanna use one. They're coming to Canada in a week or two from what I understand.

07-20-10 07:10 PM
    Have you watched a political campaign add in the past 10+ years?! =/

07-20-10 11:25 PM
    Have you watched a political campaign add in the past 10+ years?! =/
    Yeah and politicians are bastions of integrity we should all emulate.
    07-21-10 08:44 AM
    Yeah and politicians are bastions of integrity we should all emulate.
    But of course!

I'm waiting on my I4 to arrive and I have a 9700. I have 2 kids....they're both COMPLETELY different, but I love them both equally. I'm assuming I can love two different phone platforms equally as well. If not, unlike my kids, I'll just sell one!
    07-21-10 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD