Alright, so here is my story.. I had a storm on verizon. Loved it and verizon. Then my company bought me an iphone, so i didnt really see the need to carry around two phones when i can save my self a bill each month. I got the 32gb 3gs and i am in love. I dont know how i managed with the storm for so long, granted it was getting better. My only complaint so far is the lack of customability, unless im mistaken... i have no way to turn on my sent text sound, but it lets me do it for email... weird... and the battery is not the greatest even with me turning off wifi, 3g.. but i am running version 3.1. So if there is anything i should know.. should do... good apps to download... or any secrets please share with me. sorry for the punctuation, im being super lazy right now.
    09-11-09 05:02 PM
    Welcome and congrats on your new device.

Well... get comfortable with the device first. Since you are on 3.1, not sure what all the options are for jailbreaking. You may need to wait until one is released for it.
    09-12-09 09:46 AM
    What are your own general findings with battery life OP?
    09-12-09 09:54 AM
    the battery life is not the greatest and they hopefully will improve that with the next device, but first change your phone and carrier in your settings
    09-12-09 11:49 AM
    the battery life is not the greatest and they hopefully will improve that with the next device, but first change your phone and carrier in your settings
    The battery is fine. I can go 4-5 hours plus 12 hours on a charge easy. That's long enough to make it to a charger. Just turn off auto dim and lower the brightness. Say like 1/8 the way from the darkest. Your eyes will adjust and your battery will thank you. It's just a pain while in the sun. But barable!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 12:04 PM
    The battery is fine. I can go 4-5 hours plus 12 hours on a charge easy. That's long enough to make it to a charger. Just turn off auto dim and lower the brightness. Say like 1/8 the way from the darkest. Your eyes will adjust and your battery will thank you. It's just a pain while in the sun. But barable!

With the winter coming... the sun may not be much of a problem. Cold fingers typing on the screen may be. Hehe.
    09-12-09 12:11 PM
    the first day i had the phone, the battery was dead in like 4 hours, but i was also playing with it all day lol. so the last two days ive been running certain settings each day and seeing what has been working. The best i have had so far is turning wifi off, 3g doesnt seem to affect it as much. However i noticed that app world seriously drains the battery, i can literally watch my percentage go down if im in there for more then two minutes. i was browsing the apps for about twenty minutes and i went from an 88% down to a 73%. before that i was texting and calling and it seemed to hold it way better. so im not sure, im torn. I know that web browsing and any high data connection uses more battery but im shocked at how much.
    09-12-09 01:11 PM
    Ehhhh. Drop your battery to under 20% then do a full charge. Then top it off whenever. I've noticed the battery life increase substancially sincethe day I bought it just from repeat charges

09-12-09 02:13 PM
    I thought sent text sound was automatic, mine does it and I can't find a setting, did you turn up the volume? I am very happy with the battery life.
    09-13-09 08:42 PM
    the battery life is a major issue. They need to make the phone bigger and stick a bigger battery in their along with the ability to pop the battery in and out like a blackberry.

I found it very disappointing that the Iphone has almost ZERO ability to customize the settings. You basically get ringer on and vibrate or just vibrate.

You can't create custom notification profiles for situations like office, meeting, home, etc. You can't have the phone shut off at night and turn on automatically in the morning. There are many lame issues with the Iphone that cannot be customized like a BB.

I really enjoyed the apps that the Iphone has. The apps definitely kick blackberry's *** and youtube is way better on the iphone
    09-14-09 03:48 AM
    I thit u wanted to keep on the auto dim?
    09-14-09 05:08 AM
    the battery life is a major issue. They need to make the phone bigger and stick a bigger battery in their along with the ability to pop the battery in and out like a blackberry.

I found it very disappointing that the Iphone has almost ZERO ability to customize the settings. You basically get ringer on and vibrate or just vibrate.

You can't create custom notification profiles for situations like office, meeting, home, etc. You can't have the phone shut off at night and turn on automatically in the morning. There are many lame issues with the Iphone that cannot be customized like a BB.

I really enjoyed the apps that the Iphone has. The apps definitely kick blackberry's *** and youtube is way better on the iphone
    I agree, almost exactly what I'm thinking... But I do think I like the iPhone better so far, just because the Internet browser is untouchable compared to blackberrys and the phone itself is just smooth on everything, I'm sure the storms will get there eventually but overall it's been good so far. The lack of customazation and push email is killing me right now though.. And the battery is getting better almost every full charge
    09-16-09 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD