Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Hacker Creates Siri Proxy Server Hack to Add Limitless Functionality to Siri

And before you trolls show up and spout off about security. This is NOT a security issue nor has it EVER been. Especially the on in the UK READ the article nice little line about the third line in YOU need to read and understand.

For this that can't read or won't read.:
    Applidium�s cracking of the Siri security protocol early this week was a huge development in the quest to successfully get Siri communicating with Apple servers on non-iPhone 4S devices. While it still isn�t possible, an interesting development by a hacker with the Twitter handle �plamoni� might bring a bevy of new features to Siri.

The possibilities for Siri seem endless.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-21-11 at 10:27 AM.
    11-20-11 07:31 PM
    Definitely a Security Issue!
    The possibilities of insecurity for Siri seem endless.
    11-20-11 08:15 PM
    WoW!! While I'm not that techie and didn't understand parts about how to if you wanted to set this up on your own, I think it's pretty cool the endless amount of functions that could be added to Siri
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    11-20-11 08:24 PM
    The possibilities for Siri seem endless.
    Indeed. I want to know how the guy controlled his thermostat

Thanks for the article, AP.
    11-21-11 04:35 AM
    Well it didn't take long for someone not to read. The word impossible in the third line.....:roll eyes:

But I do see the possibilities.

Siri set the temp to 68 degrees.
    11-21-11 05:41 AM
    Siri is amazing. i believe is she underrated my many. Well not her...but the technology behind it. Apple doing it big...yet again..
    11-21-11 08:45 AM
    Yep......imagine sitting at work and saying Siri unlock my door or Siri turn on the lights........
    11-21-11 08:47 AM
    Siri...turn on my car. nice!
    11-21-11 08:48 AM
    Ha that would be funny.......
    11-21-11 08:53 AM
    Siri...turn on my car. nice!
    This. Especially when the windchill is biting me in the *** and it'd be nice to have a warm car to get into after work rather than a Nissan branded igloo on wheels.
    11-21-11 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD