I stumbled upon this article today. I thought I would share it with everyone. Personally, I agree with the article. Flame on.
    03-15-10 07:11 PM
    I have a BB Storm for personal use and an iPhone 3GS for my work. For 95% of the things I do, the iPhone simply destroys the Storm. The 5% left happens to be the stuff I care most about.
    03-15-10 07:24 PM
    out of Tens of Millions who own a Blackberry, that survey only included 1,100 people ...umm that survey is wayyy off.

you couldnt pay me enough money to trade my Blackberry for a Iphone. It will never happen
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 03-15-10 at 07:35 PM.
    03-15-10 07:27 PM
    The thing about this is that it says 40% would trade their Blackberry for an iPhone. However, I'm curious as to how many of that 40% would switch right back...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 07:32 PM
    Agree or disagree there are a LOT of flaws from a purely scientific view.

1) only 1100 or so respondents out of tens of millions of smartphone users. A HUGE flaw, from a scientific view the sample size it MUCH too small.

2) what cities was this in? 1 city? across the nation? Another HUGE flaw, not telling how the data was collected casts doubt on the legitimacy of the "study"

3) almost half of the people werent even smartphone users, so of course the glamor of the pretty iphone and its ease of use draws people in. Most of these people have prob never touched a smartphone.

4) http://storage.pardot.com/1742/19507/Android_Study.pdf Look at pages 4-5, its highly skewed against BB when BB isnt even an option to recommend or purchase likelihood. Looks like itd confuse people in the first place beyond being obviously biased toward the desired result.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-15-10 at 07:43 PM.
    03-15-10 07:39 PM
    The thing about this is that it says 40% would trade their Blackberry for an iPhone. However, I'm curious as to how many of that 40% would switch right back...

I think you would be surprised. I know many who have traded in their BB for an iPhone or Android device. I cannot think of anyone who returned to BB.
    03-15-10 07:41 PM
    I think you would be surprised. I know many who have traded in their BB for an iPhone or Android device. I cannot think of anyone who returned to BB.
    I came back to Blackberry from using a Iphone. Just look around on these forums how many are coming back to Blackberrys after owning an Iphone and the Driod .. there everywhere
    03-15-10 07:44 PM
    I came back to Blackberry from using a Iphone. Just look around on these forums how many are coming back to Blackberrys after owning an Iphone and the Driod .. there everywhere
    So, if you ask the question in a BB forum, would it not be skewed?
    03-15-10 07:47 PM
    I had a bold 9700 and gave it to my girlfriend for an iphone 3gs. This is by far the biggest mistake I ever made. The app store is nice but nothing beats the bb keaboard. If you're a lot into messaging than blackberrys are for you. If you like touchscreens, get the iphone bcuz the storm is crap. I'm selling my 3gs very soon and getting a colorware 9700.
    03-15-10 08:01 PM
    Agree or disagree there are a LOT of flaws from a purely scientific view.

1) only 1100 or so respondents out of tens of millions of smartphone users. A HUGE flaw, from a scientific view the sample size it MUCH too small.

2) what cities was this in? 1 city? across the nation? Another HUGE flaw, not telling how the data was collected casts doubt on the legitimacy of the "study"

3) almost half of the people werent even smartphone users, so of course the glamor of the pretty iphone and its ease of use draws people in. Most of these people have prob never touched a smartphone.

4) http://storage.pardot.com/1742/19507/Android_Study.pdf Look at pages 4-5, its highly skewed against BB when BB isnt even an option to recommend or purchase likelihood. Looks like itd confuse people in the first place beyond being obviously biased toward the desired result.
    I love how everyone is just ignoring this logic. Did you know that 9/10 people agree that stats can be made up to say just about anything?

Get a grip...come on...actually, I can play this game too

Recent survey shows that: iPhones are for girls, Blackberry users are more attractive & iPhone users have less courage.
    Survey: BlackBerry for Guys, iPhone for Gals - Erodov Forums

Surveys are always true right?
    Last edited by mikeo007; 03-15-10 at 08:29 PM.
    03-15-10 08:26 PM
    I would switch back to a Nokia E72 just for the nicer keypad, and the ability to use the official Skype client or Fring and JoikuSpot.

But I got the 9700 subsidized and didn't have to change anything on my existing plan so it's not too much of a compromise.
    03-15-10 08:28 PM
    I had a bold 9700 and gave it to my girlfriend for an iphone 3gs. This is by far the biggest mistake I ever made. The app store is nice but nothing beats the bb keaboard. If you're a lot into messaging than blackberrys are for you. If you like touchscreens, get the iphone bcuz the storm is crap. I'm selling my 3gs very soon and getting a colorware 9700.

Its ironic how you mention a "keaboard" when you can barely type a coherent sentence.
    03-15-10 08:43 PM
    Hahaha sorry but you're an *****. I used my iphone to write this message, I guess the auto correct feature didn't work! Lol
    03-15-10 09:14 PM
    Its ironic how you mention a "keaboard" when you can barely type a coherent sentence.
    You don't have to be rude. I think my english is pretty good even if i rarely use it. It's actually my 3rd language. Why are you so anal? Is it because I don't like the iphone? Haha you make me laugh. Ohh I know, why don't you give a RIM job to Steve Jobs.
    03-15-10 09:38 PM
    It's ironic how you're complaining about his spelling when you can't even use an apostrophe correctly.

03-15-10 10:11 PM
    Hahahahaha Seriously Steve you should get a nice cape put it on and stay home all day defending apple. What do you care if the guy has coherent sentence's?? You don't all you care about is the fact he doesn't want to keep he's Iphone and since the only thing you have going for yourself is that iphone it hurts, it really hurts that he doesn't like it.

I can't stand people that attack others on a personal level because they don't agree with their choice of device.

You don't have to be rude. I think my english is pretty good even if i rarely use it. It's actually my 3rd language. Why are you so anal? Is it because I don't like the iphone? Haha you make me laugh. Ohh I know, why don't you give a RIM job to Steve Jobs.
    03-15-10 10:14 PM
    I am currently testing my ability to construct a coherent sentence.
    03-15-10 11:17 PM
    Ill say this, I work for AT&T and we have to talk people into Blackberries. The iPhone sells itself. I'd say 90% of the people through the door looking for a smartphone are looking for an iPhone, a RIM device isnt even on their list.
    03-16-10 12:15 AM
    What I dont get then, if thats true, is how RIM keeps gaining marketshare. The corporate sector sure as heck isnt expanding in this economy, so its obviously consumers buying BBs and increasing their marketshare. So general consumers must be buying them
    03-16-10 12:45 AM
    I think it comes down to the person. I run my own business and 15 hour days (without access to electricity) are common. I need a phone with awesome battery life (I bought a 9700). My lady has a MacBook, iPod touch and now an iPhone. She works in an office where she can recharge whenever. She's used to Apple products. She has never considered a bb. I never considered an iPhone. My lifestyle ruled it out immediately. Oh my lil brother has both. I can't say which is favorite but I do know he handles all his serious business ( school, bank accts, etc) on his 9000. I guess he's the lucky one because his life style allows him to have both. RIM has a huge market share and serious fan base so they have to be doing something right. Long live bb!!!

03-16-10 01:35 AM
    Blackberrys are nice phones, I agree. I just love how much easier it is for me to do things like browse the web, Tweet, etc. on the iPhone.
    03-16-10 03:17 AM
    Hi! Allow me to introduce myself. Glad to meet you!

OK - now you know one!
    03-16-10 06:17 AM
    Hi! Allow me to introduce myself. Glad to meet you!

OK - now you know one!
    Hi Qbnkelt! *waves*

03-16-10 06:28 AM
    I think bberrys are the best "phones" to date...however, iphones are the best "smartphones" to date.
    03-16-10 07:25 AM
    It's ironic how you're complaining about his spelling when you can't even use an apostrophe correctly.

Spelling and punctuation (did not compain about the latter) are two different things. I said he could barely type a coherent sentence... Definition: capable of thinking and expressing yourself in a clear and consistent manner.

You can barely read.
    03-16-10 11:59 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD