So I decided to try an Iphone 4. I'm coming from a BB 8900. It should be here in seven to fourteen days. So here is my question. What are the top ten things I should know/do with my new purchase when I get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 07:16 PM
    give it to me haha, jk.

SYNC EVERYTHING AND BUY A CASE!
    07-04-10 08:26 PM
    I just got mine this afternoon. Did an early upgrade through Wal Mart. the screen is amazing, and it's SUPER fast!!
    07-04-10 09:28 PM
    give it to me haha, jk.

I forgot the op's original question. yeah I bought a griffin bumper with a clear bottom while I was there, and have spent the last couple of hours syncing all my stuff from my iTunes library. Other than that, just enjoy it.
    07-04-10 09:30 PM
    I forgot the op's original question. yeah I bought a griffin bumper with a clear bottom while I was there, and have spent the last couple of hours syncing all my stuff from my iTunes library. Other than that, just enjoy it.
    Did you notice and reception issues?

And if so, did the Griffen Bumper help at all?

Thanks
    07-04-10 10:51 PM
    I havent noticed any problems at all. I have three bars sitting in my living room, and had two on my 9700. As for the bumper, I dont know if it helped because I had the associate put it on in the store. Im waiting on Seidio, Otterbox, etc, to offer their version of the i4 case and I'll get one of those.
    07-04-10 11:37 PM
    I havent noticed any problems at all. I have three bars sitting in my living room, and had two on my 9700. As for the bumper, I dont know if it helped because I had the associate put it on in the store. Im waiting on Seidio, Otterbox, etc, to offer their version of the i4 case and I'll get one of those.
    Ohhh, ok. So, you haven't really messed with the phone without the bumper then? How much was the bumper?

I know I will more than likely have either a bumper or Otter Commuter case on my phone when I am not at work and like you, I'm waiting on a heavy duty Otter Defender case for when I am at work.

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I almost ordered me one about an hour ago. LOL.
    07-05-10 12:17 AM
    So I decided to try an Iphone 4. I'm coming from a BB 8900. It should be here in seven to fourteen days. So here is my question. What are the top ten things I should know/do with my new purchase when I get it?

1. Buy a bumper or case.

2. Synch to iTunes (transfer all your contacts, music, photos etc.)

3. Go to the app store and download stuff just for the **** of it.
    07-05-10 05:31 AM
    in regards to some apps

Word With Friends
    Doodle Jump

both games highly addictive.. be forewarned lol

and as for advice... make sure you sync your phone before you add any contacts on it or pics or whatever... it must be set up on your iTunes acct before you stick anything on it...
    07-05-10 10:02 AM
    Ohhh, ok. So, you haven't really messed with the phone without the bumper then? How much was the bumper?

I know I will more than likely have either a bumper or Otter Commuter case on my phone when I am not at work and like you, I'm waiting on a heavy duty Otter Defender case for when I am at work.

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I almost ordered me one about an hour ago. LOL.
    I got the bumper at Wal Mart too, its really quality, medium hard rubber with a clear hard shell back-$20.
    07-05-10 10:04 AM
    1. Buy a bumper or case.

2. Synch to iTunes (transfer all your contacts, music, photos etc.)

3. Go to the app store and download stuff just for the **** of it.
    LOL Heavy on #3. I have 44 apps on this thing, 586 songs, 233 pics and still have 8.1GB free.
    07-05-10 10:06 AM
    give it to me haha, jk.

Lol bb. Thanks for the replies. I just found out its on backorder. They can't tell me a time frame as to when it will come in. Grrrr!

07-06-10 06:03 PM
    LOL, hop on a plane and go the Searcy Arkansas Wal Mart, they have plenty.
    07-06-10 07:37 PM
    I hope I get it in the next week or two. I'm impatient. I didn't know it would be such a popular item in akron ohio. Lol.

07-06-10 08:57 PM
    1. Write down all the apps you buy!
    2. Read reviews on paid apps, or watch reviews on YouTube.
    3. Decide if you want to jailbreak, but you can decide later.
    4. Definitely get a case!
    5. You may want to get a dock, they charge your iPhone quicker than a computer
    6. Keep it in good condition for better resale value
    7. If you want, you could even buy some apps from iTunes right now, and put them on your iPhone when you first sync it
    8. Put all your music and videos onto your iTunes
    9. Get iTunes if you don't have it
    10. Get a list of all your contacts to put on your iPhone

Good luck with the new iPhone, I heard it's pretty cool!
    07-07-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD