Apparently iOS7 is causing some.... doozy and woozy

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
    KCXLT likes this.
    09-26-13 04:27 PM
    Time to switch from iOS to BB10?

Posted via CB10
    gng11 likes this.
    09-26-13 04:32 PM
    Tylenol should go into business with them, offering one free bottle of medication with each iPhone purchase.
    09-26-13 04:38 PM
    Apparently iOS7 is causing some.... doozy and woozy

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
    I think that's just been fixed with 7.02

Z10 via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    09-26-13 04:40 PM
    That is the stupidest thing I've ever read...lmao too funny

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:41 PM
    That is the stupidest thing I've ever read...lmao too funny

Posted via CB10
    Um...while iOS 7 isn't affecting me, I can't play most video games without getting violently motion sick. I tried The Last Of Us and even with a sea band on and two gravol in me, after 20 minutes my stomach was so nauseated I was down for hours.

It's a very real and legitimate issue. It's not stupid. The eyes register motion and the body doesn't, and your body gets confused leading to the motion sickness.

And trust me, it's not funny. I can play The EA Sports NHL series no problem. Heavy Rain I'd have to take a break after an hour. Little Big Planet, after 45 minutes I would start getting queasy. Last Of Us is the worst I've experienced. I can see where the parallax in the background and the transitions would do it.
    09-26-13 04:49 PM
    09-26-13 04:52 PM
    What about the group that Hacked the fingerprint sensor using a fingerprint left on a glass surface.
    09-26-13 05:11 PM
    As a shareholder of BlackBerry, I've been nauseous for a while also.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:20 PM
    What about the group that Hacked the fingerprint sensor using a fingerprint left on a glass surface.
    It's a little more complicated than that. The next passage comes from the link posted at the bottom of the page.

Marc Rogers, who works at Lookout, a mobile security company, and the guy who �hacked� the Touch ID fingerprint system (or, more properly, fooled it), wrote a blog post about his experiment. It�s �Why I Hacked Apple�s TouchID, And Still Think It Is Awesome.�

He writes: �Practically, an attack is still a little bit in the realm of a John le Carr� novel. It is certainly not something your average street thief would be able to do, and even then, they would have to get lucky. Don�t forget you only get five attempts before TouchID rejects all fingerprints, requiring a PIN code to unlock it.�

The steps are ridiculously difficult and expensive.

The first hard part is just getting the fingerprint. �A suitable print needs to be unsmudged and be a complete print of the correct finger that unlocks a phone. If you use your thumb to unlock it, the way Apple designed it, then you are looking for the finger which is least likely to leave a decent print on the iPhone.� To get your fingerprint, �a thief would have to work out which finger is correct AND lift a good clean print of the correct finger.�

Describing one technique, he goes on: �You take the cleaned print image and without inverting it, print it to transparency film. Next, you take the transparency film and use it to expose some thick copper clad photosensitive PCB board that�s commonly used in amateur electrical projects. After developing the image on the PCB using special chemicals, you put the PCB through a process called �etching� which washes away all of the exposed copper leaving behind a fingerprint mold.�

Seriously?

His conclusion: �The reality is these flaws are not something that the average consumer should worry about.�

Why? Because exploiting them was anything but trivial. Hacking Touch ID �relies upon a combination of skills, existing academic research and the patience of a Crime Scene Technician.�

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/..._20130926&_r=0
    xandermac likes this.
    09-26-13 05:29 PM
    Um...while iOS 7 isn't affecting me, I can't play most video games without getting violently motion sick. I tried The Last Of Us and even with a sea band on and two gravol in me, after 20 minutes my stomach was so nauseated I was down for hours.

It's a very real and legitimate issue. It's not stupid. The eyes register motion and the body doesn't, and your body gets confused leading to the motion sickness.

And trust me, it's not funny. I can play The EA Sports NHL series no problem. Heavy Rain I'd have to take a break after an hour. Little Big Planet, after 45 minutes I would start getting queasy. Last Of Us is the worst I've experienced. I can see where the parallax in the background and the transitions would do it.
    Lol ok but the op isn't blaming motion sickness or your body, he's blaming iOS for making you sick lol ridiculous

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-26-13 05:31 PM
    Read the yahoo link, the OP didn't make it

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:47 PM
    Lol ok but the op isn't blaming motion sickness or your body, he's blaming iOS for making you sick lol ridiculous

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    It's the transitions and the parallax effect that is causing it. It's not ridiculous. It's entirely possible. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't affected me because my tolerance is low, if I had an iPad I'd bet it would with the larger screen.

I don't think YOU understand what people are saying. The transitions and the 3D type background movement of the parallax is causing a 'motion sickness' effect in people. Video games do the exact same thing to many, including me. So explain to me again how that's 'ridiculous'?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-13 07:04 PM
    It's the transitions and the parallax effect that is causing it. It's not ridiculous. It's entirely possible. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't affected me because my tolerance is low, if I had an iPad I'd bet it would with the larger screen.

I don't think YOU understand what people are saying. The transitions and the 3D type background movement of the parallax is causing a 'motion sickness' effect in people. Video games do the exact same thing to many, including me. So explain to me again how that's 'ridiculous'?
    Yeah I guess I can see what you mean with their weird 3D background they got going on with iOS 7

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-26-13 07:51 PM
    Stupid iPhone making people sick.
    xandermac likes this.
    09-26-13 07:57 PM
    I met a guy in the 70s who (just prior to going to the nut-house) seemed convinced that he was controlled by radio transmissions.. (and he only had a transistor radio!)

Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by bennelong; 09-26-13 at 10:23 PM.
    09-26-13 09:31 PM
    Stupid iPhone making people sick.
    Yeah Iphones make me sick as well

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    DJM626 likes this.
    09-26-13 10:06 PM
    Iphones make me sick too. I've said it for years.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 10:22 PM
    ...anyway, for those who (like me) can become ill from transitions and depth effects, it's easily solved by turning off the motion effects in accessibility settings.

It's just too bad that people attempting to be witty try to make a valid physical side effect seem like it's something "right before they go to the nuthouse". That's really charming.
    09-26-13 11:21 PM
    As one of my #IchooseBlackberry10 buddies BBPandy said... Now we know why BlackBerry didn't use parallax, despite having come up with it first.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 11:35 PM
    Except BB DIDN'T come up with it first. If you want to be accurate and transparent, TAT demoed it back in 2009, about a year before RIM bought them, so they'd been working on it for a while prior to that. RIM simply purchased it, and then wildly squandered what TAT had to offer (as is the BB way). You may want to let BBpandy know he's incorrect if he's going around saying BB came up with it first.

And I wouldn't say that the minority of people who may be having the adverse reaction makes it a true negative, especially when it's easily remedied. I mean, I know there's games I can't play, so I don't. Does it suck? Sure. But I'll take a simple toggle switch solution over having to take gravol and wear a sea sickness band like if I play some games.

Every time Apple launches it becomes cool to bash for something. First it was 'antenna gate' (which was blown out of proportion and I hadn't even owned an iPhone when that stupidity happened and I still thought the reaction of the bashers was stupid), then it was Apple Maps, now it's "Hahaha people can get motion sick if they are prone to it". But to say "that's why BB didn't use it" is also silly. People get motion sick from riding in cars. Let's not use cars. People get motion sick from games. Let's ban PS3 and Xbox. People get sick from 3D movies. Let's stop making those too.

Not.

It's all much ado about nothing.
    09-26-13 11:58 PM
    Well apple sure as heck didn't come up with it.

Apple makes people sick. Lol! That's the headline they should have used.

Maybe it's a new security feature. Maybe the fingerprint scanner can read people's puke? Maybe that's harder to crack?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:13 AM
    Tim Cook's response to the motion sickness : "You're looking at it wrong"
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    09-27-13 12:22 AM
    My personal Q10 kills all...but I have a new iPhone 5s through work cause we use iPads and get a huge discount. I will say that both phones are great, and yeah Blackberry is my preference, just don't forget Apple sold 9 million new iPhones in 3 days there were bound to be complaints about something.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-27-13 12:30 AM
    With me on the other hand, as soon as I touch my Ipad I become totally bored, disinterested and feel like I want to throw up. That soon goes away as soon as I pick up my awesome BlackBerry. Does anybody know whats causing that? It is real.
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-27-13 12:39 AM
37 12