What you have to do in this case though is to forward all your gmail messages to your mobileme address.
    No not at all, I do not have my gmail forwarded to my mobile me at all. If you go into email set up on the iphone there is an option for gmail. In fact I do not even have my @me account pushed to the iPhone I just use manual on that account since I do not use it that much.
    02-09-10 12:13 PM
    i just add email address, and i set the time for every hour to retrieve email. No need to foward mail to @me address. I have three gmail accounts. all updating hourly.
    02-09-10 12:19 PM
    Any trouble with service? I live in Mountain area and hear horror stories about service with iPhone
    My service has been great, I have been carrying my VZW Tour and the Iphone all week and to my suprise the overall service has been about the same. No complaints here.
    02-09-10 12:43 PM
    Well yah 3GS is cool device, but push mail rigamarole is lame

apple has rigged it so you get mail, but not how you want it
    and you gotta pay them 100$ a year

when BB is free

I got this "pushmail" app for 2.99 on app store (look it up)
    it does real time notifications. But won't put
    you in your in box because apple restricts it
    on the SDK lol

but you get a pop up message, then you know there
    is mail, and there is a lot of good settings too.

I run BB 9700 as well, a little spice is always nice.

they are totally different devices built for different reasons...
    Last edited by vx1; 02-09-10 at 01:06 PM.
    02-09-10 01:04 PM
    No not at all, I do not have my gmail forwarded to my mobile me at all. If you go into email set up on the iphone there is an option for gmail. In fact I do not even have my @me account pushed to the iPhone I just use manual on that account since I do not use it that much.
    If you setup your email which the default stuff on the iPhone when you are adding an account and you go into advanced settings for email, the only account that allows you to push is yahoo. Any other account it just gives you the option to change the fetch interval.

Go into settings>mail, contacts>Fetch new data>Advanced

There is no push option for Gmail. Where do you see push here?
    02-09-10 01:34 PM
    Well yah 3GS is cool device, but push mail rigamarole is lame

apple has rigged it so you get mail, but not how you want it
    and you gotta pay them 100$ a year

when BB is free

I got this "pushmail" app for 2.99 on app store (look it up)
    it does real time notifications. But won't put
    you in your in box because apple restricts it
    on the SDK lol

but you get a pop up message, then you know there
    is mail, and there is a lot of good settings too.

I run BB 9700 as well, a little spice is always nice.

they are totally different devices built for different reasons...

Yes I do agree the push mail needs to be a lot better. Also, the mobile service is for more than just push email which is why it costs that. You can easily buy it off ebay or amazon for like 60 bucks to take advantage of all the features other than email. But I do wish push email was better. I think it may be something proprietary because even Android devices only allow push on Gmail and other email account need fetch. But at the end of the day, getting my email 5 min later isn't going to make me go to an inferior device.
    02-09-10 01:38 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD