I have been a Berry man for around five years now and have honestly never even thought of switching devices. I have had every one since the old school curve to the new Storm 2 and they are all great devices in their own way. I recently had a few friends swap over to the Iphone and I'll admit that I gave them crap over it . After tinkering with one of their phones, I decided to try one of my own so I got online and ordered my Iphone and when it arrived I was like a kid in a candy store. I have not found one flaw to this phone, I love everything about it (even the keyboard if I ever get used to it). The apps are amazing and updates are quick and easy. This is an all around great device so far. Sooooooo to everyone that said "told you so", you are all right. I still think the berry is a better messaging device, but eveything else seems to be better on the Iphone.
    02-06-10 06:02 PM
    yes the iPhone is a fantastic device.... it's like a mini mac that's a phone....
    02-06-10 06:25 PM
    I have been a Berry man for around five years now and have honestly never even thought of switching devices. I have had every one since the old school curve to the new Storm 2 and they are all great devices in their own way. I recently had a few friends swap over to the Iphone and I'll admit that I gave them crap over it . After tinkering with one of their phones, I decided to try one of my own so I got online and ordered my Iphone and when it arrived I was like a kid in a candy store. I have not found one flaw to this phone, I love everything about it (even the keyboard if I ever get used to it). The apps are amazing and updates are quick and easy. This is an all around great device so far. Sooooooo to everyone that said "told you so", you are all right. I still think the berry is a better messaging device, but eveything else seems to be better on the Iphone.
    Congrats on the new phone. It's what I consider to be the best phone on the market. I've had lots of them and in the end always come back to the iPhone. I'm sure you will love even more as time goes on and you do more things with it.
    02-06-10 06:27 PM
    Yeah the iPhone is more of an internet and multimedia powerhouse. Messaging works fine on it too by all means. But Blackberry is more messaging oriented.

I like Blackberry but I will admit that the devices do start to get boring rather quickly compared to an iPhone with its browsing experience, snazzy games, etc.
    02-06-10 06:31 PM
    Now that I am used to the keyboard I can type almost as fast as I could on my old curve. And yes sometimes I miss the blinking notification light, but not very often. About the only think that I really miss is the battery life and the sound profiles.
    02-06-10 07:18 PM
    I never even though about the sound profiles til you mentioned and yes I miss the battery life a little bit, but it's not like I didn't have a car charger before or use my usb cable lol
    02-06-10 07:50 PM
    Been using Blackberry back into the 957 days and my new 3Gs will arrive on Monday. I have used my iTouch long enough for my music and the key board is fine with some practice! With MobileMe my email will be pushed to my device just like RIM.

I am ready!
    02-07-10 07:26 AM
    With MobileMe my email will be pushed to my device just like RIM.
    I really like MobileMe. Been using it for about a year now. If you didn't know, you can buy it on eBay or Amazon for about $60 instead of $99.
    02-07-10 07:34 AM
    I've had three Blackberrys (8320, 8830 & 8900), and the iPhone has been the best smart phone that I have ever had. What did it for me was the browser, screen size, internal memory and all the great apps.
    02-07-10 08:13 AM
    I've used plenty of smart phones, but the iphone is the best overall phone I have ever used.
    02-07-10 05:14 PM
    My son kept telling me of the iPhones superiority. I kept using various Blackberrys. Finally we went to the AT&T store and bought 3. One for my daughter, my wife, and me. We immediately fell in love with them. They have never wavered, I did.

I was in paying our bill, and I saw the 9700. I fell in love. Thought it would make me happier than my iPhone. I was wrong it is in my drawer!!

Mobile Me, is absolutely awesome! I love the management apps!
    02-07-10 05:36 PM
    I too was a Berry user until after sometime told me 'Try It, You May Like It' meaning
    a iPhone. She sure was right. I have not gone back to my berry ever since. I really
    like are all the apps that are available, there is a app for anything you want to know or need to know about (yes, even that...lol).
    Enjoy your new iPhone
    02-07-10 05:43 PM
    Thanks guys, I like this phone more and more each day! Quick question: I signed up for the mobileme, does that make all of your email accounts push through or just the one you set up through it? Sorry, I am a expert BB and a newbie on the Iphone. LOL
    02-07-10 08:43 PM
    Both devices are great and i think people who are primarity a messaging person will find the berry a bit more attractive. Slacker radio is my favorite app and on the iphone is far superior than on the bberry. This is the reason i like the iphone and if it wasn't for the quality and speed of apple's development of the product i would swear by the bberry. I still have my 9700 and it is fantastic but the iphone is awesome!

As crackvegas78 said, iphone needs profiles and a bit better batt life; i am sure the 4 gen will be much better.
    02-08-10 12:52 PM
    Thanks guys, I like this phone more and more each day! Quick question: I signed up for the mobileme, does that make all of your email accounts push through or just the one you set up through it? Sorry, I am a expert BB and a newbie on the Iphone. LOL
    To have all your accounts pushed, forward them to your mobile me address. Otherwise only Yahoo can be pushed without jailbreaking.
    02-08-10 12:56 PM
    To have all your accounts pushed, forward them to your mobile me address. Otherwise only Yahoo can be pushed without jailbreaking.
    But if you forward your emails to the mobileme account and decide to reply, wouldn't the reply show the mobileme header and email address rather than the original one (gmail for instance)?
    02-08-10 01:05 PM
    But if you forward your emails to the mobileme account and decide to reply, wouldn't the reply show the mobileme header and email address rather than the original one (gmail for instance)?
    Yes that is correct. If you have all your other email accounts also set up on your phone you can choose the address you want to send from. You can change the settings for each email to manual fetch. I would recommend having all your accounts set up so you can do this as well as manage your accounts.
    02-08-10 01:12 PM
    I am a bb man-but today I tried the 3gs. It was damned good-imean bloody good. Problem is I want it now -but am tied in to my bb. Bloody annoying. The iphone is amazing. Bb is sooooooo old software. Iphone was so damned quick -it was scary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 06:38 PM
    I know, I just listed my pretty much new BB Tour on here if anyone is interested. I think I am going to stick with the Iphone.
    02-08-10 07:00 PM
    You can also have Gmail pushed without a JB. I have my Gmail pushed to my iPhone.
    02-08-10 07:01 PM
    it was fun for a week or so..
    02-08-10 07:24 PM
    You can also have Gmail pushed without a JB. I have my Gmail pushed to my iPhone.
    How do I have the Gmail pushed to it?????
    02-08-10 08:07 PM
    welcome welcome to the darkside.
    02-09-10 10:37 AM
    How do I have the Gmail pushed to it?????
    There are two ways. One and the cheapest way is to set up your gmail account as an exchange server account. (do a google search on google sync for the iphone and you'll find the steps to do so).

The second option is through mobileme. This is the equivalent of BES on a blackberry for the common folk on the iphone but it will run you $99 per year. What you have to do in this case though is to forward all your gmail messages to your mobileme address.
    02-09-10 10:53 AM
    Any trouble with service? I live in Mountain area and hear horror stories about service with iPhone
    02-09-10 11:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD