Welcome to retail, people can buy an iPhone 5c many places, retailers needs to give customer a reason to buy from them, and not their competors, who also happen to be selling the iPhone 5c; lowering the price is a really good way of doing so. And cutting production, that is a rumor, but it seems that the iPhone 5S needs as many production lines as possible, and the iPhone 5c may have very healthy demand, but is still second to the 5S.

Jared Allister
    OK. So let's go with your retail "theory." Show me another phone that had its on-contract price dropped 55% in 2 weeks.
    10-12-13 01:15 AM
    OK. So let's go with your retail "theory." Show me another phone that had its on-contract price dropped 55% in 2 weeks.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. They're selling plenty of High Margin 5s's so their profits are intact. Obviously people want to spend money on the "really expensive device" rather than the "cheap" iPhone. The only people worried about this are the carriers because they have the potential to make higher margins off of the 5C. I'm sure they appreciate your concern though.

It just goes to show that all these people complaining the iPhone is too expensive were entirely wrong. People don't want a "cheap" iPhone they want the expensive iPhone. Blackberry would LOVE to have that problem.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-12-13 11:20 AM
    One thing you can be absolutely sure of....Apple will not be "writing down" any phones. They might make fewer of them, but the ones they male will sell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-13-13 01:55 AM
    Here's a fun fact I just found out: apparently they got Chinese carrier(s) on board for this launch as well. So 9 million with that market included AND a two model launch? The investors must be loving this.
    10-15-13 12:37 AM
    Here's a fun fact I just found out: apparently they got Chinese carrier(s) on board for this launch as well. So 9 million with that market included AND a two model launch? The investors must be loving this.
    China Mobile, biggest carrier in the world, was not yet on board at launch although I believe it is now. DoCoMo, the big Japanese carrier, was the major new Asian one. The smaller carriers in both countries have been on board for awhile.

Apple is likely pleased with sales. Investors, not so much. But I have long since given up trying to figure out general investor sentiment towards Apple. The same way it does not behave as other companies do, it doesn't trade as others do either.
    10-16-13 10:34 AM
30 12