I started with a 8330, went to a storm, tour and bold. I'm with a droidx now but just got my wife an iphone.

I remember before the droids hit so big people arguing about the BB vs iphone on a daily basis, now after getting my hands on an iphone and remembering my experience with BB there is no way you can compare the 2.

I really think the BB crowd was either naive, jealous or just in denial!
    02-11-11 04:50 PM
    Blackberry is great for business and teens, for the rest of us tend to be better off with other platforms.
    02-11-11 05:13 PM
    I started with a 8330, went to a storm, tour and bold. I'm with a droidx now but just got my wife an iphone.

I remember before the droids hit so big people arguing about the BB vs iphone on a daily basis, now after getting my hands on an iphone and remembering my experience with BB there is no way you can compare the 2.

Couldn't agree more. Based on the devices you listed it's a bit like comparing television to radio? Or maybe more like comparing a 50" Flat Panel Widescreen TV to a 20" Sony Trinitron. The Bold is a terrific device though. It was never intended to be a multi-media, internet wonder. I still think of it as my "real" phone.
    02-11-11 05:25 PM
    Couldn't agree more. Based on the devices you listed it's a bit like comparing television to radio? Or maybe more like comparing a 50" Flat Panel Widescreen TV to a 20" Sony Trinitron. The Bold is a terrific device though. It was never intended to be a multi-media, internet wonder. I still think of it as my "real" phone.
    Ok, then just compare the storm to iphone if thats any better, either way not even close.
    02-11-11 06:35 PM
    Ok, then just compare the storm to iphone if thats any better, either way not even close.
    Absolutely!! I had a Storm for two years and was so glad to get rid of it. The iPhone is in an entirely different league.... I loooove the iPhone!!!!!!
    02-11-11 07:19 PM
    I can just see this thread going nowhere fast, and for good reason.
    02-11-11 08:25 PM
    my two cents..
    iphone is the iPad... and the Blackberry ( Torch, Bold, Curve) is a a Kindle 3.

both phones have their own strengths and weaknesses.
    and not all users want the same thing.
    02-11-11 08:32 PM
    my two cents..
    iphone is the iPad... and the Blackberry ( Torch, Bold, Curve) is a a Kindle 3.

both phones have their own strengths and weaknesses.
    and not all users want the same thing.
    What's a Kindle?
    02-11-11 09:35 PM
    What's a Kindle?
    there's a search engine called Gugle or is it Google?
    i see the same number of ads that Amazon's Kindle have in comparison to the ipad or the Iphone 4.
    or do you ONLY see things in White?
    Entertainment72 likes this.
    02-11-11 09:43 PM
    Nevermind, it must be the same as a Blackberry. Thanks.
    02-11-11 09:46 PM
    Nevermind, it must be the same as a Blackberry. Thanks.
    i was actually willing to CALL you and explain it a bit, but i'm pretty sure the conversation will be cut short with a Dropped call because of the way you held your phone.
    DawgMan and tgellr like this.
    02-11-11 09:51 PM
    I just switched from BB to iPhone and I must agree there is no way to compare the two devices. I left Sprint for AT&T when Sprint announced plans to charge a $10/mo per line (I have 5 lines). The iPhone 3Gs I now have is a far more advanced, user friendly device. I will not go back (to BB or Sprint!).

chesterhound

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 10:42 PM

It usually comes from never owning one, perhaps tried it in the stores etc. The other crowd comes from the early iphones who didn't have such a great experience, and the 3rd would be those who would never trade up their physical keyboards for a touchscreen and the 4th who see no use for apps, even though they are great and they aren't just glorified weblinks.

Regarding the apps, I think many has a bad taste about the early-days of them just really being nothing else but over complicated web links. This is not the issue with the iphone apps, since they are small functional little programs, like the ones (and even better) we download for our computers, and of course these things mostly just cost like 1 dollar or free.

1 Dollar won't even get you a cup of coffee nowadays, can't ride the bus, but I can get programs to the phone, that would cost me at least 30 bucks on my computer if it was written for MS windows.
    Also, others who didn't use them, think of them like some sort of "widgets" or "gadgets", but they are not. Of course there are crap ones out there, but there are some really good ones too.

I visit the app store on the torch daily to find something that I would keep, but they are either over priced or just not even worth to download. I think the most I gotten out of the RIM app store were themes for the phone and a weather application, facebook, and chatting programs, but that's it. For the iphone, I visit almost daily to see what's up and I never get to the end of the list, because there are just way too many of them. You could actually replace 50-60 apps a week on your iphone to have something new all the time, if you are that bored or needy.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 02-12-11 at 12:40 AM.
    02-12-11 12:37 AM

Generalization like this is as TRUE as iphone owners being a mindless herd who follows what Steve Jobs wanted them to have.
    i wouldn't be in any of your statement.. having owned a lot of phones for more than 2 decades now.. ( including Sony Ericsson, Nokia, HP, Palm Treos)
    and i had the iphone, up to the iphone 3GS.

To each his own. I'm glad you finally found the best phone that meets your needs, but to assume that having the same phone will address MY needs is just far fetch.

FYI : i have a macbook PRO, an iPad and an ipod Touch so statements like you don't know what you're missing doesn't fly as well.
    mover23 and RetroAndreas like this.
    02-12-11 08:38 AM
    Just switched my iPhone 2G for a Bold 9700 2 days ago. I can say I miss some things from the 2G, but generally I'm in favor of Bold currently. I had the iPhone since 2008 September and it fell on asphalt 3 months ago with a small crack on the screen and also got a bit sluggish. I live in a country where I can't get BB data plan, so there are some inconveniences, but I can do my daily stuff as I could in my iPhone and even more. I could have got iPhone 4, but it cost more than double than my Bold did. Got my Bold for 380$ and an iPhone is about 900$, so not worth it.
    02-12-11 11:31 AM
    I have owned the 8330, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Droid, Droid X and now the iPhone 4 on VZW. After owning all of those over the past 3 years, there is absolutely no way I would go back to BB in its current state. It is iOS or Android for me now. We'll see if QNX changes that. Might be a while to find out though.
    02-12-11 01:17 PM
    i was actually willing to CALL you and explain it a bit, but i'm pretty sure the conversation will be cut short with a Dropped call because of the way you held your phone.
    I've maybe dropped a call this year, maybe I can't even remember... regardless I'm very much enjoying my AT&T 5+Mbps 3G speeds..
    02-12-11 05:45 PM
    I'm 99% sure he/she ahs a case so that wouldn't be an issue.
    02-13-11 02:09 PM
    My iPhone makes calls any way I hold it!
    02-13-11 03:56 PM
    I can't count the number of ways to initiate a call on my Torch. Multiple options for typing too. Smartest smartphone of all time - as proclaimed by me.
    02-13-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD