06-08-09 06:15 PM
    Yes, and now the Pre is officially dead after two days on the market...lol!

Seriously, Apple is FINALLY bringing most of the things we've been asking for to the iPhone and making it almost complete. Honestly, the 3G S and 3.0 is HOT! The only thing they would have to add to get me to jump ship is a user replaceable battery. The other remaining two or three things that I would like to see aren't deal breakers. Still, if RIM doesn't get the Storm software completely up to snuff by Fall I may just do it.
    06-08-09 06:21 PM
    There is another thread somewhere with speculation about the release of Storm 2

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=233352
    06-08-09 06:22 PM
    What about the new Blackberry Bold 9030?
    06-08-09 06:27 PM
    What about the new Blackberry Bold 9030?
    I don't think we're going to see a CDMA Bold. There is the 9630, the Niagara a.k.a Tour which Verizon will get soon.
    06-08-09 06:30 PM
    When is RIM going to realize, what a phone can do is as important as how it does it.

Amazing push e-mail isn't cutting it anymore. They need to bring more to the table than that, and a 1 button touchscreen to compete with apple.

I bet thousands of teenagers on verizon who got the storm b/c their parents had verizon contracts will seriously considering a switch to AT&T very shortly.
    06-08-09 06:31 PM
    When is RIM going to realize, what a phone can do is as important as how it does it.

Amazing push e-mail isn't cutting it anymore. They need to bring more to the table than that, and a 1 button touchscreen to compete with apple.

I bet thousands of teenagers on verizon who got the storm b/c their parents had verizon contracts will seriously considering a switch to AT&T very shortly.
    You're right. I love my Storm, but it's very clear that RIM is being very hard headed when it comes to adding the consumer touches that people are looking for. If you're going to offer a multimedia phone it better be slick and it better have plenty of accessible application memory. Improving the GUI on the Storm, increasing the app memory, improving the browser, and making multimedia improvements would make the Storm a slam dunk and I highly doubt that any of those are all that difficult...the problem is that they are f'ing stubborn.
    06-08-09 06:37 PM
    You're right. I love my Storm, but it's very clear that RIM is being very hard headed when it comes to adding the consumer touches that people are looking for. If you're going to offer a multimedia phone it better be slick and it better have plenty of accessible application memory. Improving the GUI on the Storm, increasing the app memory, improving the browser, and making multimedia improvements would make the Storm a slam dunk and I highly doubt that any of those are all that difficult...the problem is that they are f'ing stubborn.
    Well, evolution tells up that organisms either adapt or die. RIM will be forced to do one of the two.
    06-08-09 06:49 PM
    Isn't it funny that the current iPhone seems much faster to use than the storm...and yet Apple's new phone will be even faster! Things look grim for the Storm.

You know with the iPhone/AT&T it's the phone that sells the network. With the Storm it's really Verizon that sells the Storm...few (if any) on AT&T would get this phone were it available.
    Last edited by nm4710; 06-08-09 at 08:19 PM.
    06-08-09 08:16 PM
    Everybody seems to be 2 steps behind Apple. RIM and Palm have yet to figure out that the iPhone is the most popular phone. Once iPhone comes to Verizon, it's over for those 2. iPhone on the 2 largest providers in the US will be impossible to beat.
    06-08-09 08:39 PM
    I seriously may have to end my 9-year relationship with Verizon. I am in love/lust with this new iPhone 3Gs. I'm on the brink.
    06-08-09 08:42 PM
    Apple - iPhone - A Guided Tour
    now that the iphone has exchange support...

Blackberry: "We rock at Push E-mail"

Iphone: " We rock at our implementation of almost everything, including Push E-mail"
    06-08-09 08:47 PM
    Can the 3Gs Multitask? I've not read anywhere that it can. If not then it's pretty much like the videogame Madden. Same thing with just minor improvements each version.
    06-08-09 08:51 PM
    Can the 3Gs Multitask? I've not read anywhere that it can. If not then it's pretty much like the videogame Madden. Same thing with just minor improvements each version.
    Not really... Only a few apps can like iPod and phone. I bet it'll be implemented in future OS upgrades with the 3G S though.
    06-08-09 08:55 PM
    There not much improvements on the iphone. RIM isn't going anywhere, personally I would always use a blackberry, there is no beating it. Can't believe it, omg the iphone can record video, major breakthrough, oh please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 09:05 PM
    Well they are starting. Like you see the guy surfing the net, and emailing as well as shortly texting afterwards. Verizon broke my heart, I thought for sure they'd bring fourth some beam of light. I two am reallying thinkng about my options.
    06-08-09 09:08 PM
    The new 3.0 software just shows that apple knows what they are doing when it comes to touchscreens and RIM is playing catchup.

06-08-09 09:23 PM
    after seeing this Apple shows iPhone OS 3.0 at WWDC, hits devices June 17th I feel a little ashamed about getting excited about a marginally acceptable os like.148....
    06-08-09 10:14 PM
    The real question is.. can the iPhone actually send and receive MMS messages or is it still back in the 90s?

EDIT:
    Looks like it can. Game over Storm... that's the one thing you had going for you!
    06-08-09 10:25 PM
    Although, I think Apple is years ahead of RIM on somethings and vice verse!! To me the call quality goes a long way, and if Apple thinks AT&T is the best service they need to buy another ticket on the " Reality Bus". This phone maybe nice but to only sell it on AT&T service come on are you serious!!!!
    06-08-09 10:28 PM
    iPhone 3G S announced: $199 16GB, $299 32GB, June 19th

Can the storm 2 get here soon enough...
    But I am disappointed that Apple continues to sell their phones through AT&T. I was hoping Apple will announce VzW to be their next carrier.

If I were Apple's CEO, I will be thinking of 100% market penetration.
    06-08-09 10:33 PM
    Although, I think Apple is years ahead of RIM on somethings and vice verse!! To me the call quality goes a long way, and if Apple thinks AT&T is the best service they need to buy another ticket on the " Reality Bus". This phone maybe nice but to only sell it on AT&T service come on are you serious!!!!
    Apple knows how to run a business. I'm sure AT&T is forking out the dough to compensate for the opportunity costs of not being on other carriers. The exclusivity rights have got to be astronomically expensive for AT&T.
    06-08-09 10:34 PM
    There not much improvements on the iphone. RIM isn't going anywhere, personally I would always use a blackberry, there is no beating it. Can't believe it, omg the iphone can record video, major breakthrough, oh please.

Keep in mind that even though they are late in the game with that you can pretty much be guaranteed that they will do it BETTER! All this time they were withholding those capabilities they were perfecting them, so they work when they release it. You can bet that their video recording is going to rock, plus they will have the ability to edit.

Believe me, I have a preference for BlackBerry, but RIM needs to step up the game and FAST!
    06-08-09 10:40 PM
    I personally cant wait for the new iphone 3g s i am getting one for sure and most likely leaving bb.
    06-08-09 10:50 PM
    After watching the keynote of apple, I was convinced that I would come and post this negative response about the Storm. I'm happy with my purchase, and am saving up for a bigger and better phone in a few years. No more credit cards for me (sorry side rant) gonna pay for the next phone in cash.

Go blackberry!
    06-09-09 12:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD