I am looking at buying the new iPhone 4 from Verizon and switching from Sprint. Where I work (hospital) Sprint does not get great service - maybe one bar, and can never seem to find the roam - while Verizon has 4-5 bars of service. We were recently told that we would be using our personal phones to stay in contact with each other while at work, so i need something that has better coverage.

Now I dont really have a set phone preference, since in the last couple of years ive had dumbphones, palms, androids and blackberries, but I am looking for some honest advice of what people think of the new Verizon iPhone. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    03-27-11 11:22 AM
    I've had my ViPhone for just over a month now. I'm coming from a BB Tour. While my Tour was a good phone, I am absolutely in love with the iPhone. While I enjoyed tinkering with hybrid OS's on my BB, and designing my own themes, I don't feel the need or desire to do that with the iPhone. As I have read people post on multiple forums, "it just works." The browser if far superior to anything I had on my Tour, there's a ridiculous amount of apps, and the retina display is a thing of beauty. Overall, I have never been so pleased with a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 11:47 AM
    I'm upgrading a few days to the Verizon iPhone from my Bold 9650. It does everything I need it to do and it does it in an easy manner.

And if I want the customization,I can jailbreak it.
    03-27-11 01:07 PM
    I've been playing with the idea of switching my bold for an iphone. Haven't quite decided if I'm going to go through with it. iOS is the only OS I haven't had extensive time on and I want to give it a go so I can really put into perspective if my blackberry is the best device for my needs.

Lately, I've been wanting some more games on my BB so that could be the urge to switch. We'll see I guess, its a good phone for sure though otherwise, there wouldn't be so many people walking around with them
    03-27-11 04:27 PM
    Circumstances (http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/re-...otepad-582571/) pushed the move for me recently from a BlackBerry 8520 to the iPhone, and the experience so far has been mixed. I like the larger screen and graphics of the iPhone, but I miss a real thumb board when it comes to more than just texting. Many of the Apps I used on the BB are found in Apple's App Store, but I resent their assumption that users are idiots and therefore they solely control what can be installed on your device. Speaking of which, I have (however imaginary this might be) an 'issue' with the perceived lack of control users have over the apps and device - limiting our control of the product to a single button, rather than the individual drop-down lists as found on BBs.

The iPhone is a "Smartphone for Dummies" - an oversexed iPod Touch - and Apple's first interest is in making it a conduit to its profit-making iTunes Store and not its use as a phone / PIM device. Doubt? Look for ads from Apple extolling its use as a phone.

And I find its handling of emails - especially in a business context - overly simplistic, especially when one might wish to add attachments to an ongoing email (hint: I have so far found it can't be done easily or from the email currently active) - but as a handheld gaming / music / video device that doubles as a sometime phone and web browser, it is certainly steps above my old 8520.
    03-28-11 06:59 AM
    Go for it. I myself was skeptical about buying it at first but now that I have it I'd never turn back. It truly is a solid and an amazing phone.
    03-28-11 07:33 AM
    I have used all platforms. If you want to continue to tinker with the OS go with Android. I found it extremely fun to root and load custom ROM. But I was always finding myself tinkering to get the phone to run smoothly. I was also constantly checking my battery usage just to make it through a single day.

With iOS, it does just work. I haven't had a single glitch or problem. Yes, it doesn't have Flash, but I don't use a ton of Flash content.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 08:11 AM
    I am looking at buying the new iPhone 4 from Verizon and switching from Sprint. Where I work (hospital) Sprint does not get great service - maybe one bar, and can never seem to find the roam - while Verizon has 4-5 bars of service. We were recently told that we would be using our personal phones to stay in contact with each other while at work, so i need something that has better coverage.

Now I dont really have a set phone preference, since in the last couple of years ive had dumbphones, palms, androids and blackberries, but I am looking for some honest advice of what people think of the new Verizon iPhone. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I switched from a Blackberry on Sprint to an iPhone on Verizon, and to be quite honest, I wish Verizon had the iPhone when I signed up for Sprint. Someone gave me an iPad for my birthday last year, and it's been an absolute joy, in fact I liked it so much, it persuaded me to get an iPhone.

I do get a better overall signal on Verizon, not to mention Verizon works in places where there are no Sprint towers at all, like Montana which I often visit. But to be fair, I'm glad I held out this long for several reasons, which include: "multitasking" it's really just task switching but it's great how it flips the open apps for you. Folders: I remember my iPod touch used to have pages and pages full of apps, now my homescreen can be condensed to a few neatly organized icons simply and easily. And Mobile Hotspot: this feature came optionally with the Verizon model before the ATT one. For a fee, it basically turns my wifi iPad into a 3G one.

If you're considering a Verizon iPhone, my recommendation is you should consider it done.
    03-28-11 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD