hi folks,

jus looking for a bit of help please. I recieved my new i4 these week and trying to get use to it. after being with bb so long its taking a bit of getting use to. im looking for help for the following areas, as its a company phone im not even taking the chance of jailbreaking it. i dont my paying for my apps once they work so heres what im looking for :

im looking for firstly an app with smilies/emotions for sms text, that will send to any make of phone, my friends have nokia's and bb's so i need the smilies to be able to appear on the phones.

second im looking for a an sms delivery report app, i do send alot of text messages and as being so use to seeing the "tick and D" on blackberry ive no way of knowing if the message has been delivered on i4.

last of all a bluetooth app that can connect to any phone so photos or ringtones can be sent over to i4, like any other phone.

is there an sms app that can change the layout of the texting,those bubble are taking alot of getting us to where as with bb they where all in a straight row.

like I said i dont mind paying for my apps, thats not a problem i just cant take the chance in jailbreaking the phone. I would appreciate any help anybody can give me

many thanks
    Last edited by anita28; 01-21-11 at 10:47 AM.
    01-21-11 10:45 AM
    I am sorry but most of what you are looking to do with the phone can only be done with a Jailbroken device.
    01-21-11 11:15 AM
    so really there is no other way but to jailbreak. ive heard its dangerous and can slow the machine down completely, is this all just taboo or real? if its safe and doesnt effect my phones capability than id take a chance on trying it. ive read about jailbreaking and i dont want to have to hook my phone up to a computer to turn it on and off, i just want to keep on pressing the button on the top to turn it on and off. im running on version 4.2.1 on my phone, where do i go from here? all help greatly appreciated
    01-21-11 11:34 AM
    the site modmyi.com is where you can find everything about Jailbreaking. As of now, it seems you'll be limited to a tethered jailbreak which like you described, will have to boot you phone while connected to a computer.

Keep checking the website for updates on jailbreaks, everyone is hoping for an untethered one. The rumor as of now is that there won't be one until OS version 4.3 is released by apple, and even then, usually takes about a month to have a jailbreak.
    01-21-11 11:42 AM
    Ok, my 0.02p.

You can't use bluetooth to send images/ringtones to other makes of phones, even other iPhones... I know silly right.

Last time I checked, there wasn't a cross platform emotiocon/smilies app for any make of phone.

There isn't delivery report for sms and you cant customise chat bubbles.
    01-21-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD