View Poll Results: Will you switch back to a 2011 model Blackberry?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 23.53%
  • No

12 35.29%
  • If iPhone 5 disappoints

8 23.53%
  • Never Going Back to BB!!!!

6 17.65%
08-08-11 12:52 AM
34 12
tools
    PC desktop clients like Thunderbird by default do not download images in emails due to possible security risk. So I would guess on a BlackBerry, where security is paramount, it is for the same reason. Come to think of it web based gmail does this as well for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Never really thought of that, but yes my web based Gmail doesn't download images either until I manually give it permission to.
    08-06-11 05:49 AM
    I need a workhorse, which is why I'm staying with BB. As far as the ipad 2, i go from loving it to hating the way it operates and it's limitations.
    You should just jailbreak your ipad 2 and have no limitations

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 06:37 AM
    I had four Blackberries (8130>8830>8330>9550) and thought I would never leave Blackberry. Then along came Android and I ended up getting a Droid X which I loved. Now I have the IPhone 4 which I am enjoying along with my IPad & MBP. Who knows what the future holds. I'm no loyalist but I have to admit I love these Apple products. Blackberry will always have a special place because it was my entry into the smartphone arena so I am rooting for them to do well and compete with IOS & Android.
    08-07-11 08:52 AM
    I had four Blackberries (8130>8830>8330>9550) and thought I would never leave Blackberry. Then along came Android and I ended up getting a Droid X which I loved. Now I have the IPhone 4 which I am enjoying along with my IPad & MBP. Who knows what the future holds. I'm no loyalist but I have to admit I love these Apple products. Blackberry will always have a special place because it was my entry into the smartphone arena so I am rooting for them to do well and compete with IOS & Android.
    Competition is wonderful. I wouldnt want either to fail; but I wouldn't want them bailed out, either

Sent from my ADR6300
    08-07-11 11:44 AM
    Competition is wonderful. I wouldnt want either to fail; but I wouldn't want them bailed out, either

Sent from my ADR6300
    Well if they do get bailed out, it wouldn't be from the U.S.
    08-07-11 02:04 PM
    Well if they do get bailed out, it wouldn't be from the U.S.
    True

Sent from my ADR6300
    08-07-11 02:06 PM
    Been back and forth from BB to iPhone a zillion times...and my last 2-day switch back to the 9700 showed me that the limitations of the BB are too many for me to switch back from the iPhone...UNLESS, for some reason the iPhone 4 is a POS, which I can hardly imagine.

Still, if it's a pile...I might be tempted to return to BB and the 9900.
    08-07-11 04:08 PM
    I am taking the wait and see approach because if the launch of these new devices goes the way past device went than I will stick with android. But if they are par with my device than I may switch back!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    08-07-11 04:16 PM
    At this point, my answer seems to still be: No.

After dealing with the short life span of my Torch 9800, I can't be too certain that any of the new devices coming, will have a 6 month life span (like my Torch 9800) or be forgotten and put on the back burner once the QNX devices hit. I don't know. BB is just too miss and not enough hit now. Also, after getting the iPhone, I'm happy to see what is coming on the next iOS... whereas, OS7 should've already been on my old Torch 9800.

And I will never miss doing that damn battery pull 4 times before my OS works right. Ew. No.
    Last edited by girlontherun; 08-08-11 at 12:54 AM.
    08-08-11 12:52 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD