View Poll Results: Will you switch back to a 2011 model Blackberry?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 23.53%
  • No

12 35.29%
  • If iPhone 5 disappoints

8 23.53%
  • Never Going Back to BB!!!!

6 17.65%
    I must admit, although I love my iPhone/iPad combo, these new Blackberries (specifically the Bold 9930) have caught my attention. At the same time though, I've been using iOS 5 for some time now and absolutely love it. Anyone planning on switching back to a Blackberry?
    08-04-11 05:29 AM
    I go back and forth almost daily. (I'm such a disloyal slutt LOL)
    Tell me-- what version of the ios5 are you using? My business partner had the beta version (although I think it may have been a very early one) and he said it was a mess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 05:54 AM
    I definitely think the OS7 phones are a step closer, but still not enough with iOS5 on the horizon. QNX? If it ever happens, and it is as good as everyone says, will make me stop and do more than window shop.
    08-04-11 06:20 AM
    I'm currently using a Torch 9800. I'm ready to switch to full touch screen, so it really is going to boil down to a 9860 or an iPhone 5 for me. Main thing I'm waiting for is specs on the iPhone 5 (along with design if updated) before making a decision.

Granted, it's not just about specs to me, but I'd like to see it in the wild first before deciding...
    08-04-11 06:25 AM
    I go back and forth almost daily. (I'm such a disloyal slutt LOL)
    Tell me-- what version of the ios5 are you using? My business partner had the beta version (although I think it may have been a very early one) and he said it was a mess.

I am using Beta 4. While it has its share of glitches, I find it stable enough for day to day use. In fact, I believe performance on my iPhone is better now than it was with the later revisions of iOS 4.
    08-04-11 06:35 AM
    I need a workhorse, which is why I'm staying with BB. As far as the ipad 2, i go from loving it to hating the way it operates and it's limitations.
    08-04-11 07:55 AM
    I need a workhorse, which is why I'm staying with BB. As far as the ipad 2, i go from loving it to hating the way it operates and it's limitations.
    I love iDisk and iCloud, but I definitely miss the keyboard. I always loved my Bold 9000 so I think that's why the 9900 is so enticing to me. I would miss the myriad apps though available on the App Store.

P.S. Your first quote in your signature is a personal favorite of mine!
    08-04-11 08:03 AM
    I like the idea of a touch screen with a trackpad. I can't tell you how many times I mis-hit the screen on the ipad 2, instead of a scroll I get an advertisement. It makes me crazy, the virtual keyboard cannot be used to scroll. (BTW, the same comments apply to the S2)
    08-04-11 09:12 AM
    I'm 99% sure I"m never going back to Blackberry again. Iphone blows them out the water
    08-04-11 10:11 AM
    I'm 99% sure I"m never going back to Blackberry again. Iphone blows them out the water
    R U saying you have a waterproof case for your iPhone?
    08-04-11 02:28 PM
    I was disappointed with iPhone 4, it took several BST (Buy, Sell & Trade) but it's the one of the reason why I'm back with BlackBerry. Torch 9800.

I'm up for a Hardware Upgrade with Rogers, I will use it towards 32GB iPhone 5 but if the Drop Calls & Bluetooth issues are still there I will sell it (let's face, I can easily sell it for profit) and get the Bold 9900.
    08-04-11 02:36 PM
    OS7 is not worth changing platforms. It's something to hold over the current BB users. But anyone that switched from BB to iOS or Android will probably still have the same limitations that cause them to switch in the first place. Upgrading the hardware doesn't fix the software. You can put lipstick on a pig.......
    08-04-11 04:02 PM
    I love my iphone but I am in no way a loyalist and I go with what I want at the time. With that said I will be getting at least the bold 9930 when it is released for Verizon.
    08-04-11 05:12 PM
    Nope. I won't touch a smartphone made by RIM until it has QNX on it. iPhone 5 or another Android device for me.
    08-04-11 06:41 PM
    I am using Beta 4. While it has its share of glitches, I find it stable enough for day to day use. In fact, I believe performance on my iPhone is better now than it was with the later revisions of iOS 4.
    Really?? Wow. Good to hear.

08-04-11 09:43 PM
    I love my iphone but I am in no way a loyalist and I go with what I want at the time. With that said I will be getting at least the bold 9930 when it is released for Verizon.
    Shackled is no way to roll!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-04-11 09:55 PM
    the 9000 has been my fav blackberry of all time. I am considering checking the 9900 out and seeing how i feel. Having said that, there are soo many other things to consider but the device itself nowadays . For instance, this morning i synced my iphone wirelessly with itunes (i am running iOS 5 beta.) All my music, books, pdfs synced flawlessly with no effort whatsoever. If i go back to blackberry it means mounting disks, dragging files etc. Do i want to go back to that?
    08-05-11 07:25 AM
    the 9000 has been my fav blackberry of all time. I am considering checking the 9900 out and seeing how i feel. Having said that, there are soo many other things to consider but the device itself nowadays . For instance, this morning i synced my iphone wirelessly with itunes (i am running iOS 5 beta.) All my music, books, pdfs synced flawlessly with no effort whatsoever. If i go back to blackberry it means mounting disks, dragging files etc. Do i want to go back to that?
    Wireless sync on iOS 5 is incredible. I'm glad you mentioned that because I completely forgot about it -- probably because I just dock my phone every night and don't have to worry about a thing anymore...
    08-05-11 08:22 AM
    I will most likely go back to a Blackberry once the new models are out awhile and I can read some reviews of them. I came from Blackberry and I really like the Iphone but miss some of the features on the Blackberry that I realize I used all the time which the Iphone 4 can do if you jailbreak it and it's still not as good as the Blackberry.
    08-05-11 11:43 AM
    I don't think I will switch to a new berry. I did the same test that was done with the new torch, the one with pulling up a new website, and my iphone pulled up quicker then both torches, and I only had 3 bars.
    08-05-11 02:33 PM
    I will most likely go back to a Blackberry once the new models are out awhile and I can read some reviews of them. I came from Blackberry and I really like the Iphone but miss some of the features on the Blackberry that I realize I used all the time which the Iphone 4 can do if you jailbreak it and it's still not as good as the Blackberry.
    I completely respect that, i on the other hand think the opposite...blackberry lacks a lot of what the iphone offers. Ok, so everyone knows the shock in the market place when the playbook came out without a native email client, afterall blackberry=email correct?

I, to this day, cannot believe my emails on a blackberry do not render images and get truncated due to size, the iphone has no problem rendering the emails just as if i am checking them on a computer. Why do i have to manually select the option to show pics on the device that is king of email? My gmail inbox does not trully reflect my already checked messages, only new messages are shown on the berry.

I will never say never but am leaning towards replacing my iphone 4 with an iphone 5.
    Last edited by dcgore; 08-05-11 at 03:21 PM.
    08-05-11 03:15 PM
    Exactly. OS7 really doesn't offer anything that would make someone who left blackberry come back. Sure, it's better than OS6 but it's not much different. I just wouldn't see the real point in going back at this time if OS6 wasn't sufficient for the user. Chances are OS7 will fail to meet those needs and wants as well.
    08-05-11 04:24 PM
    The new blackberries are very tempting, but I think I will stay with my iPhone 4 for now... especially with the new iOS coming out in the Fall.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-05-11 08:21 PM
    Why do i have to manually select the option to show pics on the device that is king of email?
    PC desktop clients like Thunderbird by default do not download images in emails due to possible security risk. So I would guess on a BlackBerry, where security is paramount, it is for the same reason. Come to think of it web based gmail does this as well for me.

Last edited by southlander; 08-05-11 at 10:37 PM.
    08-05-11 10:34 PM
    I have no intention of going back to blackberry. I'm happy with my iPhone 4 and looking forward to iOS 5 this fall.
    08-05-11 11:10 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD