Hi iphone community.

I have tried to look up previous threads with similar problems, but I cannot find any. I have a problem with my jailbroken (pwnage tool) Iphone 3gs (version 4.1). (someone jailbroke it for me) My network coverage keeps dropping. Also, I replaced an old iphone battery with a new one, yet the battery keeps depleting. I'm not sure why that's happening. Could you guys diagnose the problem and tell me what's wrong with the phone? I was told that jailbroken phones will have random bugs, but that is going to be a big problem later (people on the other line cannot hear me).

If you guys need any other information, please let me know! Thank you in advance!
    01-16-12 12:48 PM
    Could be one or more of many things. So did you just get the phone from your friend and you've been having the problems...I have had my signal drop sometimes but not a lot and I am on tmobile. Is it constantly connecting and disconnecting or just a no signal? Did your friend drop any liquid on it? Did he drop the phone? Did you? Did you replace the battery because of the network dropping or because the battery was j
    just friend. Look in the earphone jack and the battery charger connector on the bottom to see if there is any indication of water damage. If the phone is continually searching for a network, that would cause the battery to drain. You an download an app called Battery Info Lite or Battery Detective from Cydia to see what you battery stats are.

Hope this helps a bit. More info is needed before we can help you out. You may even want re-jailbreak and unlock your phone. There are guides we can point you to. Just remember since you need the unlock, NEVER update IOS via itunes.
    01-17-12 12:45 AM
    I'm positive that the battery is draining due to the signal searching. The phone seems to work fine in places where I get maximum (or great) coverage for T Mobile. When I use my phone at work, I cannot send calls because half the time, my calls don't go through, and then when I do, the other line cannot hear me. My friend and I already re-jailbroke it. I used pwnage tool and ultrasn0w to do it. We already upgraded the baseband to 6.15 and my phone cannot upgrade to an ios5 (it's on ios4.1). I'm really not sure what the problem is. I don't detect any water damage on the phone, so it's not that. Also, I bought a new battery because the previous one was expanding and popping out the phone.

But yeah, as stated previously, where I get good reception, my phone works fine, but the slightest drop in signal, my phone turns into an ipod touch. :/ I know this is a bb forum, but since I'm a bb user, trying to transfer over, I'd figure that there has to be some people with the same problem haha.
    01-17-12 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD