I'm having a difficult time understanding app sharing. My wife and I both have iPhone's. I have purchased a lot of applications through the App Store. Both of our iPhones are synced to our one Macintosh computer. I keep all of my applications stored on that computer and I have the apps synced with my iPhone.

Today for the first time I decided to attempt to plug my wife's iPhone into the Mac and turn on the application sync option. She has a separate Apple ID we do not share one.

To my surprise I was able to transfer any and all of the paid apps that I had purchased on to her iPhone with no issue at all and they all work fine.

I don't understand how this is possible. Does this mean that if you purchase an application you can share that application with any iOS device that's synchronized to that computer? I always thought that the applications were linked to your Apple ID, not to the computer.

Any clarification on how this works would be wonderful. I do not want to encounter any surprise charges because I transferred apps over to her phone.

Cheers and thanks.
    02-18-12 06:10 PM
    A iDevice can use apps from multiple accounts.
    You don't even need to sync from PC, just log to other account on iDevice and download purchased apps.

One thing is you will need password of each accounts when update apps on iDevice.
    02-19-12 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD