It's no secret the iPhone has the best apps in town. I'd like to enjoy some of these apps but I have one problem. The App Store is so large and contains so much goodness that I do not even know what to search for and download.

Anyone be kind enough to share some good apps with me? They could be anything, from games to finding movie tickets, etc. Anything that is cool and that you're willing to tell me about here!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 06-15-11 at 12:02 PM.
    06-15-11 11:58 AM
    Go to appadvice.com. There is also an app on the App Store for it. Really a wonderful catalogue of the apps avaialble, ratings as well.
    06-15-11 02:35 PM
    Start with the Google Apps. They're really good. Next you might want to consider some browser skins. There's a couple I recommend, like Perfect Browser and Mercury, both skin Safari and offer additional features. Freeappaday app is pretty cool, every now and then app publishers offer their apps for free for a limited time and freeappaday usually catches them. For movies, Flixter is good. For games, you can't go wrong with any of the top 25. My favorite is something called "Cut the Rope." A really cool app is Starwalk. It uses location services to tell you the names of celestial objects. Obviously Facebook and Twitter are musts. I use the ones the companies issue. I do however hear good things about Osforoo, but I don't tweet that much. For IM, Beejive is pretty good. I use Scorecenter from ESPN to get my sports scores, it allows for creating lists of teams you want to get scores for. Look around the categories, and I'm sure you'll find stuff that piques your interest.
    06-15-11 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD