Ive noticed that I only get about 1 day out of a charge, it runs out around 10 pm

Had a few questions

- does having wireless enabled kill the battery, also what about the option to prompt every wireless network

- I have email set to push, I had fetch set to every 15 minutes, would fetch work if push was enabled ? If so maybe that is why the battery sucks. I switched fetch to manual since push is enabled

- Are there any tweaks to improve battery life

Thanks
    09-27-10 01:10 AM
    Hi, you may want to update your device info so we will know which device you are using.
    09-27-10 06:38 AM
    Ive noticed that I only get about 1 day out of a charge, it runs out around 10 pm

Had a few questions

- does having wireless enabled kill the battery, also what about the option to prompt every wireless network

- I have email set to push, I had fetch set to every 15 minutes, would fetch work if push was enabled ? If so maybe that is why the battery sucks. I switched fetch to manual since push is enabled

- Are there any tweaks to improve battery life

Thanks
    If you set your phone to fetch, push is disabled. Setting to fetch will increase your battery life and if you are in an area of weak signal, it can increase your battery life by a lot. The weaker signal you have, the more power your iPhone has to use in order to maintain it's TCP connection. Setting to manual will increase your battery life the most as the TCP connection is opened only when needed.

Turning off WiFi will also increase battery life. If you want to increase your battery life some more, you should only turn it on if you're using it. Same goes for Bluetooth. I also disable the "join new networks" prompt because it's annoying. There's tons of wireless networks around where I am and it's constantly prompting me.
    09-27-10 11:25 AM
    Decrease your fetch time from 15 mins to 1 hour. You should see an improvement. Oh and make sure you havent left a bunch of apps running in the background.
    09-27-10 03:38 PM
    in addition to what everyone has already mentioned.
    the greates drain to a battery is when it's acquiring signal.
    so check your area.. how many bars do you have?
    leaving Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on decrease the battery but not by much as to the acquisition of a Signal from the carrier.
    1 whole day with an iphone 4 is ok..
    what were your expectations?
    09-27-10 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD