Which GPS software is better Navigon or Tom Tom. If you like either software better let me know. I am trying to decide which one to purchase.
    08-13-10 01:49 PM
    Random thought -- do both (either) of these store all the map data on the phone itself, and can they function without any cell signal at all?

I don't know about others, but the times I need satnav the most is usually when I'm least likely to have a cell signal, let alone data capability!
    08-13-10 02:51 PM
    I purchased Navigon yesterday because it's on sale half price (may still be) ($24.99)

I love it so far, doesn't drain battery too fast, it's accurate, easy to use.

Sorry I didn't research Tom Tom to compare.

I'd recommend this if the anniversary sale is still on...
    08-13-10 10:32 PM
    I have a Garmin, what do guy find so good about the GPS on the phone? When you could just buy a GPS? Especially since there is a monthly fee? Pros/Cons? Just curious.
    08-13-10 11:14 PM
    I bought tomtom for my new ip4. It doesnt need cell service to work because the maps are loaded locally. To test this I used the phone with no sim-- worked flawlessly. I cant speak for the other product but the tomtom is incredible. I prefer it over my car's built in gps. It's interactve and intuitive. Paid 59$ for it-- canada/us. Don't regret a single penny. How often do u hear THAT?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 11:21 PM
    I purchased Navigon yesterday because it's on sale half price (may still be) ($24.99)

I got the NAVIGON today as well because of temp price cut. Funny thing is that I don't have a ip4 yet.
    08-13-10 11:56 PM
    I have TomTom and really like it (iP4), works as well as a standalone imo. Paid $49 for it.
    08-14-10 11:26 AM
    I have a Garmin, what do guy find so good about the GPS on the phone? When you could just buy a GPS? Especially since there is a monthly fee? Pros/Cons? Just curious.
    I have a garmin stand alone also but I bought the Navigon for a few reasons

-It was on sale half price
    -impulse buy
    -much more convenient to use spur of the moment
    (my Garmin takes a while to load and find satellites, maybe because it's 3 years old)

- sometimes I leave my Garmin home due to extreme temperatures inside the car.

- I like toys.
    -There is no monthly fee for the Navigon, that would've been a dealbreaker.
    08-14-10 12:28 PM
    I've been using Navigon "my Region" for while now, i have one of those docks that plug in the cigarrette lighter, dont use GPS much but yesterday i needed to get to a car dealership in Flemington NJ, and "she" worked perfectly and most of all accurately, i love the 3d features specially approaching the exit signs.
    08-14-10 12:52 PM

did the same thing

works better than my garmin nuvi because i have an order version that doesnt speak street names....navigon app does great job with that

she says "caution" too much though

had a $20 cred on paypal, so $5 for me is def worth it

OP, jump on the deal....runs until tomorrow
    08-14-10 02:29 PM
    ^^ LMAO@ Caution, same here! I have to see if I can disable that warning.
    08-15-10 02:05 AM
    Is there any offering from garmin?
    08-15-10 10:04 AM
    Caution!!!
    08-15-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD