My wife has an Android phone and she hates it, and can you blame her, this is her third replacement. So she wants a iphone next... Oh boy, I'm in trouble now. My kids received ipod's for Christmas, what a big mistake. We have experienced nothing but problems with these devices. Apple is suppose to be user friendly? OMG, I felt like tossing this crap through a window. I was disappointed with the ipod and i feel the iphone will be the same thing. I could go on and on,but l'll just end it here
    stevepar and recompile like this.
    01-09-12 10:08 PM
    I will tell you from experience that she'll be more frustrated with the iPhone if you're family has not been to keen on the ipod (it's a touch right?). I mean she might be happy with the iPhone because it's the "in" product right now.
    01-09-12 10:35 PM
    My wife just got the white iPhone, she loves it. It was her first smartphone and she basically figured it out by herself, she loves her grocery shopping list app. As well, no problem with the iPod, my young kids figured that thing out in no time and really like that scribblenauts app.

Not sure what problem you're having, but if my 4 year old can figure out how to play games on the iPod, that's gotta be a sign that The device is simple enough to use.

Why didn't you tell her to get a Blackberry?
    01-09-12 10:40 PM
    My wife has an Android phone and she hates it, and can you blame her, this is her third replacement. So she wants a iphone next... Oh boy, I'm in trouble now. My kids received ipod's for Christmas, what a big mistake. We have experienced nothing but problems with these devices. Apple is suppose to be user friendly? OMG, I felt like tossing this crap through a window. I was disappointed with the ipod and i feel the iphone will be the same thing. I could go on and on,but l'll just end it here
    If your wife wants an iPhone despite the problems you've had with the iPods, then that explains why your kids are having trouble with the iPods, if you get my meaning.
    01-09-12 11:04 PM
    in totally understand with android but with the ipod? i own the 4th gen model since they came out and they have been a pleasure to use. the iphone4s is nothing short of amazing despite "only" having an 800mhz cpu. don't get her a blackberry unless you want your gadget woes to multiply by 20x
    01-10-12 01:02 AM
    I gave my children a new iPod touch this year for Christmas and they worked great. What type of problems are you having? My youngest child, a four year old, loves them.
    01-10-12 01:23 AM
    another worthless thread...
    01-10-12 01:44 AM
    I had an iphone for 13 months and thought it was a great device! Now I'm back with the blackberry family and I have no regrets. But if your wife wants an iphone, give the woman an iphone!
    KB1964 likes this.
    01-10-12 01:53 AM
    It all depends on usage and needs. Since I do travel on business quite a bit, I bought my wife a BB. She loves it. She could care less about apps though so perhaps that's why but the ability to keep in touch is unparalleled.
    01-10-12 04:31 AM
    So what kind of problems were you experiencing? I've been using my iPhone for a few months now running a beta OS and the biggest problem that I've ever experienced was a couple apps not being compatible.
    01-10-12 07:02 AM
    What android phone does she have? What kind of issues are you and your family having with your ipods?
    01-10-12 07:17 AM
    Solution. Use the media's bias against them. You can take recent studies and use them to convince her she should NEVER get an iPhone.

Show her THIS report, but use my headlines:

"One in Four iPhone Users Not 'Very Satisfied' with iPhone"

Also this, with two possible headings:

"46% of Smartphone Buyers Do Not Expect To Consider iPhone -OR- Significant Number of Users Expected to Consider Blackberry for Next Smartphone"

Maybe this:

Percentage of New Smartphone Users Considering iPhone Declines Since September -OR- iPhone Intenders Drop 9%, Blackberry only 1%

It's all in the headline.

What kind of issues are you and your family having with your ipods?
    OP will be back with an explanation, but the few times I hear this I learn that they are "fighting" iTunes. Not letting iTunes organize music, seamlessly manage all synching, etc. Trying to use it like a 2001 Creative Zen USB drive for music, then struggling to figure out what is where when the device would just handle it all automatically.
    Last edited by Palmless; 01-10-12 at 07:50 AM.
    01-10-12 07:44 AM
    Not sure what problem you're having, but if my 4 year old can figure out how to play games on the iPod, that's gotta be a sign that The device is simple enough to use.
    ^This. My 3 year old is able to use the iPhone. He can navigate youtube on it, find the "kid" apps my wife has installed on it, and can for the most part, navigate with no issues. Obviously once in a while he mucks something up, but there is no denying that the iPhone/pod interface is probably the easiest to use out of anything out there.
    01-10-12 07:52 AM

OP will be back with an explanation, but the few times I hear this I learn that they are "fighting" iTunes. Not letting iTunes organize music, seamlessly manage all synching, etc. Trying to use it like a 2001 Creative Zen USB drive for music, then struggling to figure out what is where when the device would just handle it all automatically.
    While just letting itunes do its thing might be useful for people who want it to just do it. It is annoying as heck for those of us that want to do it our way. I don't want or need my music synced ever.
    01-10-12 08:03 AM
    While just letting itunes do its thing might be useful for people who want it to just do it. It is annoying as heck for those of us that want to do it our way. I don't want or need my music synced ever.
    It's really a personal preference. iTunes is one of the main reasons I chose an iPhone. I love how it keeps my music organized. Dragging and dropping fans hate it though.
    01-10-12 08:14 AM
    in totally understand with android but with the ipod? i own the 4th gen model since they came out and they have been a pleasure to use. the iphone4s is nothing short of amazing despite "only" having an 800mhz cpu. don't get her a blackberry unless you want your gadget woes to multiply by 20x

You forgot to state it's "only" a dual-core 800 MHz CPU
    01-10-12 08:25 AM
    Try to convince your wife to take a look at current BB phones. They're more integrated (Ex. so many BBM connected apps) and useful than iPhone/Android/Windows

And pair the phone with a playbook.
    01-10-12 08:35 AM
    iOS is very user friendly, that's part of the reason it's so popular. Even though this is a BlackBerry forum, we should be open to whatever we think works best. I didn't pick up my Bold because it was the "in" thing, I got it because it just plain works for what I need it to do. If your wife wants a good media experience with an easy learning curve, iPhone is probably a good choice for her. (although you may try to steer her into the new Curve; this is still CB, after all)
    01-10-12 08:35 AM
    It's really a personal preference. iTunes is one of the main reasons I chose an iPhone. I love how it keeps my music organized. Dragging and dropping fans hate it though.
    Amen LOL. This is why choose is good.
    01-10-12 08:38 AM
    I have found it is best to get the wife what they want and let them learn from the mistake (luckily my wife loves BB and uses it to talk to friends and family in South Africa). If you do get an iPhone4S and she doesn't like it then you will be able to get your money back because of high resale value. I've only had one issue with my kid's two iPod touches in that one bricked itself. Took a few hours to fix it. Other than that they use them pretty heavily.
    01-10-12 08:43 AM
    Statistics are for sheep
    01-10-12 08:54 AM
    iTunes is the ugliest interface I have ever seen. Forget for a minute just how difficult it is to use (I have given up), but it is just so ugly! In the 21st century?
    01-10-12 09:07 AM
    I've had a BlacBerry for the last 4 years ranging from Bold 9000, 9700,Curve8520, Torch 9800, 9780, 9900. I've stood by BlackBerry & fought tooth & nail in their defence even though I'd suffered a lot of problems involving frozen screens, little timer in the middle of the screen, bricked devices etc etc. For the last 2 years I've had both a BlackBerry & iPhone, using the BB as my main phone & iPhone for entertainment. Gradually I started to realise i was starting to use the iPhone alot more & the BB alot less but was still in denial when friends told me to ditch the BB & go full time iPhone because it was a question I'd asked myself too many times over the years but just felt I was more suited to the Blackberry.

One day I just said f*** it & switched to iPhone & sold BOTH my BlackBerrys. I can honestly say I've never looked back & just love what I can do with this phone & the future possibilities it brings.

My iPhone is Jailbroken & I still suffer very few issues with it compared to ANY BlackBerry I've had & I've never suffered many issues with any iPod ive had (Nothing is problem free, NOTHING). The only thing I miss from my BlackBerry is Notifications & profile settings & that's it.

So in conclusion I'm now iPhone for life but will always hold a special place in my heart for BlackBerry.

The End

P.S. this was written on my Wifi iPad 2 whilst tethering with my iPhone 4 :-)
    Last edited by nat750; 01-10-12 at 09:26 AM.
    01-10-12 09:24 AM
    Oh, do I get it. It's for the 99% and works great in 99% of use situations.

An "edge case" user has to fight it, and that's bad. What's worse is when the edge case user projects their experience onto the 99%.

I might hate the seven speed computer controlled automatic transmission in my car that shifts way better than I can because I yearn for a top loader, but a top loader will make MOST people absolutely HATE their car.
    01-10-12 09:28 AM
    ^This. My 3 year old is able to use the iPhone. He can navigate youtube on it, find the "kid" apps my wife has installed on it, and can for the most part, navigate with no issues. Obviously once in a while he mucks something up, but there is no denying that the iPhone/pod interface is probably the easiest to use out of anything out there.
    Question : A 3yo kid with - on a daily basis - a phone in hands ?
    Right, this was not a question ... sry.
    -> I'm already out .. don't kick
    01-10-12 09:38 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD