My wife wants the iphone. But us under contract anyway I can get her out without paying ETF

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 12:35 PM
    Iphone might be coming to Big Red....
    09-20-09 12:37 PM
    how much longer left on the contract and how long have you been a verizon customer ?
    09-20-09 12:38 PM
    Lol, you signed a contract. Pay up or wait until your contract is over.

09-20-09 12:41 PM
    They been saying its coming for years now... Ill pay but any new loop holes out there

09-20-09 12:51 PM
    only the VZW still naively believe its coming.

The most recent news is ATT and Apple will resign the contract, as we all instinctively knew already, which isnt even up until summer 2010!!!

ATT has approx 8-10 MILLION iphones on their network. They\re making BANK in data and what not. If they have to sweeten the deal with a few million $$$ Im sure theyll do what it takes to keep that kind of powerhouse.

Sign with ATT now, at the least your 2 years will be up before VZW sees it anyways, if at all in the next few years before LTE is mainstream for ATT and VZW
    09-20-09 01:25 PM
    Thanks stauw11.... Any info on how to avoid the etf... I would appreciate it I don't wanna pay $175 To get my wife out

09-20-09 02:39 PM
    Was there not some court case that deemed ETF's illegal. I know that there were many people that got their money back from Verizon, after the court ruling.

So, if the above is in fact true, then how are they still able to demand fees for getting out of a contract?
    09-20-09 11:40 PM
    I like how other forums immediately lock threads like this.
    09-21-09 12:09 AM
    my dad pulled it off somehow.. i went through 4 storms and had a terrible experience with the BB's from Verizon, and my dad eventually talked to someone high up enough that we were able to get my phone line ou of contract (the other 3 were up for renewal).
    Also, do people really think that AT&T is going to let the iPhone go anywhere? I mean, come on. Its a PHENOMENON. you can bet your boots that AT&T isnt gonna let their biggest claim to fame, and he biggest innovation to hit the mobile world, go anywhere else.. Im not worried about it, just ready for LTE to roll out and ready to see what Apple brings to the table next summer..
    09-21-09 12:47 AM
    There are always loopholes to get out of your contract without paying an ETF. Just google it, you'll find a million loopholes.
    09-21-09 02:16 AM
    Thanks stauw11.... Any info on how to avoid the etf... I would appreciate it I don't wanna pay $175 To get my wife out

It's probably not $175 ETF. Contracts get prorated now. So if you signed a two year contract $5 gets knocked off each month that passes by. So if it was signed a year ago (12 months) then the ETF is now $115
    09-21-09 06:22 AM
    It's probably not $175 ETF. Contracts get prorated now. So if you signed a two year contract $5 gets knocked off each month that passes by. So if it was signed a year ago (12 months) then the ETF is now $115
    Also depends on when Verizon implemented the prorated ETF. If it was after he signed the contract, then he would have to pay the full ETF.

To the OP: I've closed this thread for the reasons behind attempting to get out of the contract are fraudulent. Just pay the ETF.
    09-21-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD