Will bringing 2 phones/devices everywhere be too much. I guess I will only keep them in a bag. But it seems this combo you can have the serious work aspect of blackberries, and you get all the multimedia goodies that make iphones so appealing. Its a blackberry and apple symbiosis!
    04-28-10 10:22 AM
    There are many threads on this and pretty much everyone says that combo is the best of both worlds. You get the battery life and functionality of blackberry with the all the cool apps/games/multimedia experience from the itouch. If you don't mind carrying both devices around, go for it!
    04-28-10 12:18 PM
    I still personally think the iPhone CAN be a Business and Personal device, despite some of the features that people are requesting...

Now, when OS 4.0 hits, well, 'nough said...

- and yes, I do have a BlackBerry - BOLD 9700, sitting in a draw
    04-28-10 12:25 PM
    i agree with navi

having a bb tour/touch combo is a pain some times....when i want to use my touch, im not near wifi where i wanna use apps and web.

its all personal preference for everyone

having an ipod, web browser, and phone in one FOR ME is priceless...also one itunes sync for EVERYTHING is great too (MBP user)

cant wait for the 4th gen iphone
    04-28-10 01:28 PM
    I was the same way too OP.

But then, I just wanted to do everything on one device.
    04-28-10 01:37 PM
    Exactly, one device to do it all- games, ipod, email, text, phone etc.

Why bother carrying 2 devices? If you want good battery life and are already carrying 2 bulky devices, then use an iphone with a tiny external battery pack. smaller and lighter than carrying a BB.

Theres little the BB can out outside of BBM that the iphone cant, especially on OS 4.0
    04-28-10 02:22 PM
    I think the typing experience, touch screens are still centuries away from mechanical keys.

Plus I think RIM as a company and their product blackberry is more security oriented. There is little BSing around and more to business. For example, I heard iphones, apple reserves the right to have a 'kill switch' to delete apps off your iphone without your consent at any time of their choosing should they decide. RIM wont do this. But, they do allow companies to do this through their own IT management.
    04-28-10 02:26 PM
    You can get a cheap Nokia that's better than an iPhone and have a great combo with your BB.
    04-28-10 02:27 PM
    As a person who's owned both a BB and an iPhone, I think the BB performs much better as a "phone" than the iPhone. Although, I think the iPhone was a much more fun device.

....when i want to use my touch, im not near wifi where i wanna use apps and web.
    This is the reason I returned my iPod touch both times. It was useless to me without a WIFI connection.
    Last edited by dof28; 04-28-10 at 02:31 PM.
    04-28-10 02:29 PM
    unless you're using your bb on BES, i dont think the security is any better on a berry using bis, than an iphone. i honestly cant think of one thing that a berry could do besides bbm that an iphone cant do. i tried a 9700 recently, but even the email was too much. i like the imap email i get with my iphone, where i can access old emails that are organized instead of all in one place. i use my iphone for work and play. and i havent had a problem with it at all. as for the phone itself being better, i dont see it. in what aspect is the bb "phone" better than the iphone "phone"?
    04-28-10 03:38 PM
    unless you're using your bb on BES, i dont think the security is any better on a berry using bis, than an iphone. i honestly cant think of one thing that a berry could do besides bbm that an iphone cant do. i tried a 9700 recently, but even the email was too much. i like the imap email i get with my iphone, where i can access old emails that are organized instead of all in one place. i use my iphone for work and play. and i havent had a problem with it at all. as for the phone itself being better, i dont see it. in what aspect is the bb "phone" better than the iphone "phone"?
    100% agree
    04-28-10 07:34 PM
    I've been a loyal BB user for about a year and a half. I've loved it. I used it for a while as an mp3 player with good results. I never was that fond of watching video on it. It just never caught on with me.

I bought an iPod touch a few weeks ago. The experience has been nice. The OS is sleek and the video experience is actually enjoyable, surprisingly. I like all the apps.

I use both devices equally.
    04-28-10 08:00 PM
    I agree with the OP. I do the same except I go BB work and phone, and iphone multimedia and fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 11:05 PM
    I'm always traveling around with either a camera bag or my messenger bag. No problem carrying 2 devices. I'm now thinking of losing the iPod Touch and going for the iPad when its available here in Canada.

I'm getting all excited thinking about it ;-)
    04-29-10 05:38 AM
    I am going the 2 device route as well, but will replace the iPhone with the EVO 4G when I switch from Big Red to Sprint in June.
    04-29-10 06:23 AM
    Same boat as most of you. BB 9700 + Ipod touch. Mass texting, emailing on the Bold and apps plus bullsh*tting on the touch. Sucks that the ipod touch is limited to just a wifi connection.
    04-29-10 07:48 AM
    I do the same, except I have 2 Bberries and a Touch. I have a work Berry that I am not allowed to use for personal stuff, like personal phone calls, downloading apps, only can use strictly for work email. I have my personal blackberry storm for fun, and the Touch for music. Carrying 3 does get confusing, but I tried not having a personal Bberry and missed it to much
    04-29-10 08:18 AM
    My iPhone 3G is too good to be true!
    Too Good..

I'd go to a BB + iPod Touch if only it had a camera
    04-29-10 02:25 PM
    I started with an 8310 Curve about 2 1/2 years ago, then went to a 9700 Bold. I thought I would never change. However about 3 months ago, my company started offering the iPhone as an option. Two weeks ago, I bit the bullet and ordered the iPhone. I can honestly say, I will never go back to a BB. Tiny screens, cumbersome trackballs, all or nothing voice mail retrieval and pitiful internet navigation are all defects of the BB. In my opinion, the BB is 2-3 steps ahead of all the other smart phones, but none are in the same league as the iPhone. Smooth, fast, brilliantly visible and able to do several tasks from a single screen. I deal with 40-50 business e-mails a day, at least that many personal e-mails a day and probably that many phone calls and voice mails. To me (and for my needs), the iPhone is superior in every aspect.
    04-29-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD