so earlier today i was working on my blackberry, so i took the sim card out of it and put it in my old iphone (well old, as in i havent used it in a month). and every 5 minutes or so a reminder box would come up telling me that no data network was set up. i dont really know what it means by data network, and i also dont know if thats just an iphone thing or it apllies to the blackberry as well.

and at that (being ******** in the world of cell service, etc) what does it mean by data? is that just anything requiring 3g or is that calls and texts?

please help me with any info you have
    02-13-10 11:44 PM
    Ok I don't have an iphone but I do have a blackberry. This is just my opinion on what I think your phones doing so I really hope someone answers this question besides me. I think because you took your sim card out of your blackberry and put it in an iphone its telling you you have no data network because you don't have the iphone data plan attached to your sim card. Instead since you said you have a blackberry I'm assuming you have the blackberry data plan attached to your sim card (i.e. bbm, bis data plan, bb email, etc). Its basically telling you that your data/internet ect is not 'hooked up' to the $30 iphone data plan. You use to be able to 'switch' between iphones and bb phones with just having the $30 dollar bb data plan and use that on both phones when your on the internet browser etc. but from what I've researched your supposedly not able to do that anymore. Anyways I hope this maybe makes sense to you and helps you out a little bit atleast until maybe you get some other responses! if I'm completely wrong about what I've written then I do apologize in advance! I think that's what it means though! I've been wanting an iphone 3gs and have researched it a lot between switching from my bb to an iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 02:48 AM
    That post could ve correct, makes sense. My initial thought was you have to set the data network up. That's what j had to do with mine, note I
    unlocked as well. Ir is possible to use a bb data for an iPhone though

02-14-10 06:39 AM
    Ok I don't have an iphone but I do have a blackberry. This is just my opinion on what I think your phones doing so I really hope someone answers this question besides me. I think because you took your sim card out of your blackberry and put it in an iphone its telling you you have no data network because you don't have the iphone data plan attached to your sim card. Instead since you said you have a blackberry I'm assuming you have the blackberry data plan attached to your sim card (i.e. bbm, bis data plan, bb email, etc). Its basically telling you that your data/internet ect is not 'hooked up' to the $30 iphone data plan. You use to be able to 'switch' between iphones and bb phones with just having the $30 dollar bb data plan and use that on both phones when your on the internet browser etc. but from what I've researched your supposedly not able to do that anymore. Anyways I hope this maybe makes sense to you and helps you out a little bit atleast until maybe you get some other responses! if I'm completely wrong about what I've written then I do apologize in advance! I think that's what it means though! I've been wanting an iphone 3gs and have researched it a lot between switching from my bb to an iphone.

thanks, thatt makes a lot of sense. im just hoping its not charging me for texts or anything, cause i have to use the iphone for a while. i got this special screen on my phone and they told me im not supposed to use it for 48 hours, so im stuck with my iphone.

also, im not going to stop you, but you dont want to get an iphone. everything is glitchy, texts come in slowly, calls sometimes dont ring, and emails cannot be set to ring when they arrive, the inbox updates only every 15 minutes
    just helping you out there
    02-14-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD