My iphone leaped out my hand and has a shattered screen now. Does anyone know about how much apple charges to repair a screen? Or would it be cheaper just to buy a used one off craig's list or ebay?
    05-24-11 09:13 PM
    is it the glass only or the whole digitizer? ie... is it shattered but still working under the shattered glass or is the screen ink-ish and dark?
    big diff in price that's why I ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 09:18 PM
    It's just the glass. It's still working.Thanks for your reply.
    05-24-11 09:21 PM
    Screen replacements generally cost you about $100 or so; however, give Apple a shot, if you have not exchanged with them they may just warranty it out for you.

05-25-11 06:41 AM
    Def cheaper to get the front glass repaired. Sorry to hear that.
    05-25-11 01:36 PM
    I've read a few posts where people actually got Apple to swap it out for free with little or no hassle. I would give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen?
    05-25-11 02:17 PM
    usually local cell repair stores do it for cheaper. not sure of a price, but as much as i love apple, they kinda overcharge for repairs.
    05-25-11 05:31 PM
    I've heard good things about iHospital - Apple iPhone Repair iPad Repair iPod Macbook iMac Mac Repair Tampa, FL Atlanta, GA Buckhead
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 05-25-11 at 05:45 PM.
    05-25-11 05:41 PM
    It's just the glass. It's still working.Thanks for your reply.
    where do u live?

05-26-11 05:05 AM
    Thanks for all your replies. I took it to apple yesterday and the guy said we're not suppose to do this but I'll make an exception and swap it out for you. So I'm back in business.
    05-26-11 02:24 PM
    I'm really sorry that happened.

But...

*Must. Not. Make. Foxconn. Employee. Joke.*
    05-26-11 04:25 PM
    Thanks for all your replies. I took it to apple yesterday and the guy said we're not suppose to do this but I'll make an exception and swap it out for you. So I'm back in business.
    It's called customer service, and Apple is well versed in it. Congratulations!
    05-26-11 06:42 PM
    I dropped my phone in the hot tub 2 weeks ago. I went to AT&T and told them what happened. The guy told me I would have to pay full price for a replacement. Then he asked me if I went to Apple and told them what happened. He said sometimes they will do a one time replacement. I figured couldnt hurt to ask. Well low and behold they gave me a replacement free of charge. Talk about customer service! I will continue buy every iPhone they come out with. Also way to go to the guy at AT&T for telling me about it. 2 great companies working together!
    05-28-11 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD