Just as an FYI, legally speaking, AT&T cannot actually "pay your ETF". They may try to get around it, maybe by discounting the phone itself, but paying for another companies ETF in order to win a customer is illegal under the FCC fair business regulations. If any company did this, it would basically make legal contracts for all companies null and void and would also cause a monopolization in the markets.
    Na, it would just cut further into every companies profits. Essentially if one did it, the rest would have to follow suit. A win for the customer of course, but no company would do that, it would balance out and all companies would get screwed in the end.
    06-19-09 10:25 AM
    My girl has an iphone, and honestly I get annoyed with her always defending her phone as being so cool when others are around but when we are alone all I hear is how much she hates her phone. Dropped calls all the time, I never understand what she is saying when she calls, she can't hear me half the time. She is constantly booted off the internet when she is browsing, I get far superior coverage. We can be at a restaurant and she wants to show some pictures to someone that is on her facebook but she can never get a signal, so what do i do, pull out my trusty Storm with Verizon, load up my facebook and start showing the photos off she couldnt because she has no service. We have been to the Apple store to fix her phone numerous times and actually we need to make another appointment there this week. Honestly those geniuses there aren't all that smart. I have had my Storm since day one and have never brought it in for service OS or hardware related... I would convince your GF otherwise cause she may live to regret it....
    Thats awsome you have to be the only person I know who has never had an issue with their storm. It gives me hope. And makes me wonder if the whole thing ISNT just user error after all. LOL
    ( I know it cant be... there cant be THAT many morons in this world )
    06-19-09 12:05 PM
    -raises hand- no problems with my storm. But I'm not exactly a power user like a lot of others on here.
    Thats awsome you have to be the only person I know who has never had an issue with their storm. It gives me hope. And makes me wonder if the whole thing ISNT just user error after all. LOL
    ( I know it cant be... there cant be THAT many morons in this world )
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:10 PM
    wether you like it or not the user interface on the iphone is incredibly easy to use

blackberry in particular the storm is not an easy straight out of the box

at&t will not pay anyones etf
    06-19-09 10:42 PM
    Time for new girlfriends and new wives. Simple solution.
    07-03-09 09:04 AM
    Just as an FYI, legally speaking, AT&T cannot actually "pay your ETF". They may try to get around it, maybe by discounting the phone itself, but paying for another companies ETF in order to win a customer is illegal under the FCC fair business regulations. If any company did this, it would basically make legal contracts for all companies null and void and would also cause a monopolization in the markets.
    If that is true (and I have no reason to believe its not), I wonder how Viaero Wireless is getting away with posting right on their front page: "We'll pay your early termination fee".

Maybe they just haven't been reported yet.
    07-03-09 10:40 AM
    She is out.
    07-03-09 10:50 AM
    If that is true (and I have no reason to believe its not), I wonder how Viaero Wireless is getting away with posting right on their front page: "We'll pay your early termination fee".

Or it is because they are not a carrier?

07-05-09 05:15 AM
    My gf had iphone and with ATT service but she give up iphone and join me to verizon! I am a mac user and I don't mind to have an iphone because works better with macbook! However, we both agree unless iphone comes to verizon, we are not going to get it. ATT cheated my gf on her monthly bill, poor connection, and lies and more lies with their service dept! Tell ur gf, honey ! To save u from bitchyness, when iphone comes to verizon, I will be the first one to buy it for you!

07-05-09 05:53 AM
    Or it is because they are not a carrier?
    I don't know what you mean by "they are not a carrier"? They are not a real company? They are not big enough to qualify as a "carrier"?
    07-05-09 07:22 AM
    I had an iPhone with AT&T. I got the 3G along with my wife last August. Needless to say, just today we canceled our 2 year agreement, because we both found out that the service sucks. We LOVE the iPhone, but whats the point of having it if the service is crap? We called AT&T, complained about the CONSTANT dropped calls, and they waived the early termination fees. We just got 2 Curves through Verizon because it was buy one get one free. Your girl will love the iPhone, but she'll soon realize that the service sucks. And if you are locked into 2 years, you might not find a rep there so willing to waive the fees. You might want to convince her before you get locked in. I've had every carrier, and by far.. AT&T was - and is - the worst.

Needless to say, anyone interested in like new condition 3G phones before I put them on eBay? lol

I went to a friends for coffee on the deck one night and he and his girl friend had brand new iphones 3gs and I have to say i was impressed. I really wanted the iphone and even went to the at&t store the next day...but it came down to the carrier. If i could have stayed with verizon and bought the iphone I would already own it. But I absolutely dispise at&t. They charge to much, their service su*ks big time and they allow cramming charges.
    I recently dropped my home phone service and went with comcast because at&t let some voice mail direct company start billing my account and they would not take it off my bill. ( until I sent an email to fcc.gov and put in a formal complaint.) all that said because I just cringe when I hear the words at&t.
    I hope I love the tour. I've never had a bb and I'm a little nervous. But we shall see soon! Thanks for your story...it validated my thoughts between iphone and tour.
    07-05-09 08:38 AM
    I don't know what you mean by "they are not a carrier"? They are not a real company? They are not big enough to qualify as a "carrier"?

By that he meant that they basically use another providers towers and technology branding it with their company name. I havent heard of that particular "carrier" but i have had experience with one that uses nextel crap and they were told a bunch of nonsense.

But yes, its illegal to "buy out" someones contract.
    07-05-09 11:19 AM
    By that he meant that they basically use another providers towers and technology branding it with their company name.
    Oh, ok. They are a small regional company (Nebraska & Eastern Colorado), but they do have their own towers and network. Until they started putting up towers just in the last couple years there was NO GSM coverage here in this area (Central Nebraska) at all.
    07-05-09 12:55 PM
    recently my fiancee and her friend were in D.C. and needed to figure out what room in a building to go to, friend has the "new" iphone (not sure if it's 3gs or not) and my fiancee, at the time, had the palm centro sans data package. Friend couldn't get a single so fiancee called me. Stick with verizon. and I should say this, I LOVE the iphone I think it's one of the best electronic toys to come out in quite some time and once verizon has it I plan to get it. I'm not leaving verizon for it, though using it as a bargaining chip is fun

Another quick story:
    friend of mine is on his third or fourth iphone due to dropped calls and the apple stores/att response "yeah thats' a problem, here's a new phone.
    07-06-09 07:25 AM
    I live in the portland area and have had AT&T for 5 years no complaints ?
    07-06-09 07:34 AM
    I live in the portland area and have had AT&T for 5 years no complaints ?
    This is good, Tim - but over 98.3% of Americans do not live in Portland.

07-06-09 08:56 AM
    Just remember one thing with all this Iphone vs BB.
    The Iphone is for entertainment, the BB's are for people who want to get things done, plain and simple.
    Iphone=Kids, BB's=Adults

Enough said.........
    Last edited by Dale; 07-06-09 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
    07-06-09 12:29 PM
    Your doing the right thing. Trust me when I say this. I was a palm user for six years, my phone went boom one day and I switched to BB two years ago and love them. They are the phones for me. I had the curve and now the storm.
    07-06-09 12:34 PM
    Just to throw it out there, I was at my local Verizon store last week and spoke with a rep and we ended up talking about the Iphone. According to him and the other rep that was next to him, Verizon is working on getting the Iphone and have it up and running and ready to sell by next year. Don't take my word for it, I'm just a messenger and don't know how valid what they were saying was. Just throwing it out there.
    07-06-09 01:19 PM
    The store reps are getting their information the same way we are. The internet.

Just to throw it out there, I was at my local Verizon store last week and spoke with a rep and we ended up talking about the Iphone. According to him and the other rep that was next to him, Verizon is working on getting the Iphone and have it up and running and ready to sell by next year. Don't take my word for it, I'm just a messenger and don't know how valid what they were saying was. Just throwing it out there.
    07-06-09 01:24 PM
    The store reps are getting their information the same way we are. The internet.

Well according to them, they got their info from the "head guys" and that they might start training on the Iphone sooner than later. But then again, who knows, could just be a plot to keep old customers and bring in new one's, just like everyone else. But they don't have to worry, I'm a pretty loyal VZW customer.
    07-06-09 01:33 PM
    Well according to them, they got their info from the "head guys" and that they might start training on the Iphone sooner than later. But then again, who knows, could just be a plot to keep old customers and bring in new one's, just like everyone else. But they don't have to worry, I'm a pretty loyal VZW customer.
    Ask those store reps to call one of those head guys - throw out Lowell McAdams' name - watch how quickly they backtrack.

Store reps are mostly treated like mushrooms.

07-06-09 04:31 PM

What happens is Viaero gives the customer a bill credit in the amount they paid their previous carrier for ETF. (given it's below $200)
    09-03-09 09:31 AM
    i have the i phone unlocked and am using it on t mobile. works great!!
    10-24-09 03:51 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD