So to make a long story short...
    My girlfriend (who has a curve) now wants an Iphone (kill me).
    We went out to eat friday night with my cousin who has his whole business and all employees on iphones. She starts playing around the phone and falls in love with it.
    We are only a family share plan through verizon and under contract for at least another year and a half. She of course wants to new iphone thats coming out this friday.
    So i made a deal with her.. I told her if ATT is willing to pay her disconection fee from verizon then I will buy her the Iphonem but I'm not paying hundreds of dollars for disconnection fees and everything else. So just wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately my girlfriend wants to go to the dark side...
    06-16-09 11:51 AM
    My wife wants an iPhone as well. I told her that if Verizon ever gets the iPhone then I will get her one. I would never want AT&T's service. She had service with T-Mobile and Sprint before we were married so she is wary of leaving Verizon, she loves the coverage too much.
    06-16-09 12:00 PM
    My girl has an iphone, and honestly I get annoyed with her always defending her phone as being so cool when others are around but when we are alone all I hear is how much she hates her phone. Dropped calls all the time, I never understand what she is saying when she calls, she can't hear me half the time. She is constantly booted off the internet when she is browsing, I get far superior coverage. We can be at a restaurant and she wants to show some pictures to someone that is on her facebook but she can never get a signal, so what do i do, pull out my trusty Storm with Verizon, load up my facebook and start showing the photos off she couldnt because she has no service. We have been to the Apple store to fix her phone numerous times and actually we need to make another appointment there this week. Honestly those geniuses there aren't all that smart. I have had my Storm since day one and have never brought it in for service OS or hardware related... I would convince your GF otherwise cause she may live to regret it....
    06-16-09 12:01 PM
    Sounds like the relationship is doomed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 12:16 PM
    I had an iPhone with AT&T. I got the 3G along with my wife last August. Needless to say, just today we canceled our 2 year agreement, because we both found out that the service sucks. We LOVE the iPhone, but whats the point of having it if the service is crap? We called AT&T, complained about the CONSTANT dropped calls, and they waived the early termination fees. We just got 2 Curves through Verizon because it was buy one get one free. Your girl will love the iPhone, but she'll soon realize that the service sucks. And if you are locked into 2 years, you might not find a rep there so willing to waive the fees. You might want to convince her before you get locked in. I've had every carrier, and by far.. AT&T was - and is - the worst.

Needless to say, anyone interested in like new condition 3G phones before I put them on eBay? lol
    06-16-09 12:23 PM
    Dude, I hope she doesn't do you like she did her curve. LMAO kidding.
    06-16-09 12:38 PM
    can u blame them... women love smooth, shiny, vibrating long black or white toys...
    06-16-09 12:44 PM
    So i made a deal with her.. I told her if ATT is willing to pay her disconection fee from verizon then I will buy her the Iphonem but I'm not paying hundreds of dollars for disconnection fees and everything else.
    Looks like you win, because AT&T will definitely not pay the Verizon ETF, just so you can switch. If she still wants it that bad, tell your GF to pay the ETF herself.
    06-16-09 12:45 PM
    I agree with KINetics, At&t will not pay ETF because she wants to switch over.
    06-16-09 02:19 PM
    Friend of mine's gf did a similar thing. She had a Curve, got drawn to the darkside when he got the iPhone, so she eventually got one. She HATES it, laments dropping her Blackberry for it constantly.
    06-16-09 02:37 PM
    Sounds like the relationship is doomed.

Definitely. Find another girlfriend!

06-16-09 02:41 PM
    The iPhone is a good device, if you can stomach touchscreen & Apple. AT&T can be iffy in many areas, which explains why WiFi may be a necessity. To many, the iPhone is better than BlackBerry, but many also find the service issues intolerable.

As mentioned above, carriers not only will not, in many cases they are prohibited from, paying the ETF - it is seen as baiting a contracted customer.

In some states, including mine, it is illegal for a carrier to suggest leaving your current company unless you specifically tell them you are not under contract. Consumer fraud stuff & such.

My suggestion: find a woman who values quality & not flash.

06-16-09 02:41 PM
    I got the iphone for me and my GF...16GB for me and 8Gb for her. She had mine for 9 months and traded for the bold ( I love this phone) My GF hatted her Iphone sold it for $100 thyen what i paid for it within 1 week. But she loves the bold cant stop using my phone.
    06-16-09 03:01 PM
    My suggestion: find a woman who values quality & not flash.
    Or a woman who wants you and not some little pod.

I think rim might be hoping verizon doesn't get the iphone or that women stop liking smooth, shiny, well thought out things that don't work well when asked to perform.

06-16-09 03:04 PM
    Dump her.

06-16-09 03:38 PM
    i think the iPhone is a really cool device with a slick, simple to use OS that works like it's supposed to. it just doesn't do everything i need it to do.

i was on a cross-country flight last week that had WiFi and I couldn't use it because, well, my Verizon "network roxors wifi suxors" phone isn't equipped.

if your GF wants to eat the ETF, let her get an iPhone. the haters will always be out there.
    06-17-09 10:36 AM
    My girlfriend was ready for an upgrade and said she wanted an Iphone. I said "fine, you start paying your own bill and you can have whatever phone you want." ...She has a Curve with Verizon now.
    06-17-09 10:51 AM
    AT&T is **** compared to Verizon, why don't you show her the 3G network comparison. It may change her mind

06-17-09 01:47 PM
    AT&T is **** compared to Verizon, why don't you show her the 3G network comparison. It may change her mind
    Her: But, but, but, the iPhone has imitation Zippo lighter apps & is so cool, smooth & shiny!

Many people fail to honestly & adequately assess needs & priorities, instead opting for cool.

06-17-09 04:31 PM
    Just as an FYI, legally speaking, AT&T cannot actually "pay your ETF". They may try to get around it, maybe by discounting the phone itself, but paying for another companies ETF in order to win a customer is illegal under the FCC fair business regulations. If any company did this, it would basically make legal contracts for all companies null and void and would also cause a monopolization in the markets.

By the way, I love the iPhone, but it really doesn't do what I need it to do. So I have my BB Curve and carry an iPod touch and just WiFi it to my home and work network and I get the same stuff without the monthly bills and AT&T spotty service. And if I REALLY wanted it just as good as an iPhone, I could just grab a MiFi and wifi all over the place with it. :3 I'm willing to pay both my Curve bill and a WiFi bill just to have both.
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 06-17-09 at 06:56 PM.
    06-17-09 06:53 PM
    By the way, I love the iPhone, but it really doesn't do what I need it to do. So I have my BB Curve and carry an iPod touch and just WiFi it to my home and work network and I get the same stuff without the monthly bills and AT&T spotty service.
    I started reading and posting on Crackberry because I am trying to decide whether to upgrade to a Blackberry smart phone on Verizon or move to AT&T and get an iPhone. Originally I was leaning toward the iPhone. I have an iPod Touch I wanted the features I enjoy on the iPod on my phone. I don't use my phone for business but as a communication and entertainment unit and thought the iPhone was my only real choice. But after looking into it more I am in a holding pattern, waiting for the Storm 2. I hope that phone is close enough to what I am looking for so I can stay with Verizon. As much as I like many of the features of the iPhone it would be of no use to me if the carrier has lousy phone service. The iPod Touch + a Blackberry sounds like a good way to go.
    06-18-09 04:09 PM
    I started reading and posting on Crackberry because I am trying to decide whether to upgrade to a Blackberry smart phone on Verizon or move to AT&T and get an iPhone. Originally I was leaning toward the iPhone. I have an iPod Touch I wanted the features I enjoy on the iPod on my phone. I don't use my phone for business but as a communication and entertainment unit and thought the iPhone was my only real choice. But after looking into it more I am in a holding pattern, waiting for the Storm 2. I hope that phone is close enough to what I am looking for so I can stay with Verizon. As much as I like many of the features of the iPhone it would be of no use to me if the carrier has lousy phone service. The iPod Touch + a Blackberry sounds like a good way to go.
    No mms and no multitasking makes the iphone difficult to swallow. It is a great device but not for anyone serious about capabilities.

06-18-09 04:28 PM
    See the funny thing my girlfriend has the iphone and never had a drop call. I have verizon and it happens once in a while. I would say in the albany area att rocks and verizon is just average. I would never leave for an ipjone though

06-18-09 04:40 PM
    So to make a long story short...
    My girlfriend (who has a curve) now wants an Iphone (kill me).
    We went out to eat friday night with my cousin who has his whole business and all employees on iphones. She starts playing around the phone and falls in love with it.
    We are only a family share plan through verizon and under contract for at least another year and a half. She of course wants to new iphone thats coming out this friday.
    So i made a deal with her.. I told her if ATT is willing to pay her disconection fee from verizon then I will buy her the Iphonem but I'm not paying hundreds of dollars for disconnection fees and everything else. So just wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately my girlfriend wants to go to the dark side...

I think your on a safe bet..

because for one.. AT&T is going to and probably already has sold out of th iphone 3gs they will have no trouble selling them.. they aren't going to pay money to get someone to go over there
    06-18-09 04:56 PM
    can u blame them... women love smooth, shiny, vibrating long black or white toys...
    ROFL.........................
    Ohhhhhh wow that means she may get upset
    with the battery if it cuts out at the wrong time.
    06-19-09 09:28 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD